• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Add More Stealables Both Old And New.

M

Mr Artifact

haveing a legendary thief and haveing no desire to steal from other players i would love it if more stealables can be added to the game so having a thief can be more worthwhile. i notice some old stealables dont seem to spawn anymore some where aparently removed on purpose and i hear some might not be working through a bug so i would really love it if atleast some of the old stealables if not all can be put back or fixed so we can steal them again. i also would like it if new stealables and stealable artifacts can be added with stygians abyss. a good place to put new stealable artifacts should be in the new aparently bigger then doom dungeon comming out with stygians abyss and if i recall correctly a temple and a pyramid will be added too so maybe they can have stealables there too. this i truly believe would definately make having a thief more worthwhile.

I

imported_Sarphus

I think the whole "stealables" consept is uninspired.

Until there's some risk and some unpredictability of it, I think the system should stay as it is. I think it's bad to add more easily-scriptable content that is generally uninspired.

If stealing the artifacts would trigger things to happen in the dungeon that somehow increase the challenge of escaping with the artifact, I would be for it.

G

I do think Sarphus is right, there should be significant risk to getting out of someplace with something you "stole". Monsters or NPC's should come after you sometimes, at the least!

Having said that, there are alot of places they could put stealables. If memory suits me, there is an absolutely HUGE network of dungeons under Ilshener that, if the no-recall code were added to could be quite a challenge to escape with your stolen goods.

G

How about making stealables stealable.
That would make it a challenge.

G

I would love to see new stealables... having a thief myself I think it would be great.... another thing that would be good would be to give someone with Forensics the ability to "identify" who stole the item so that the item would say " a -------- Stolen by ---------" Which could be awesome.... and would give my GM investigator a little something to use his skill on... There are some really neat things in game that could be made into stealables... I'm sure the coding is there for them somewhere graphicly speaking I don't think it would take much to make them an "item" that could be stolen. I'd like to see blood tiles returned to the game. I also like the idea of having perhaps a guardian on the goods.... also would be neat if there was a "roll" if you would for springing a trap... Indiana Jones style instant death trap if you "fail". And I definately would like the spawns of stealables to be drasticly more "random".... so that scripters can't antisipate the spawn of rarer items.

M

Mr Artifact

scripters suck what they should do is remove all the 3rd party programs that enable scripting includeing uo assist. as for making haveing things spawn when you steal an arti i wouldnt mind that if my thief could fight heres my thiefs skills. [/list] 120.0 Stealing [/list] 120.0 stealth [/list] 100.0 Hideing [/list] 100.0 Snooping [/list] 100.0 Lock Picking [/list] 100.0 Tracking [/list] 80.0 Magery [/list] all those skills are his natural skills without any mods from rings and braclets or what ever so he really cant fight well sure he can cast an ocasional energy vortex but he would struggle to kill anything thats very tough.

I

imported_Ozymandies

First, they have to get the stuff to spawn in more than the same spot over and over. These things need a random location spawner.

However, the task should involve skill. If it is too random, there is no remembering where you found what last time. Fan Dancer Dojo rares shouldn't start spawning in Ilshenar, just other places around the Dojo.

Ilshenar would be a good place for new stuff, too. Different ways to get the things would be nice. Some you just pick up, some are locked down and need to be stolen, some are in locked chests. Maybe they need to be identified before they can be turned in.

Also, I like the idea that stealing these triggers a response, like a t-map chest does, spawning guardian creatures and traps.

OZ

I

imported_Fran Fury

Random locations would fix a lot I think. I agree...keep them in the same general locations (dojo in the dojo, doom in doom,etc) but make it so you never really know what is going to be where.

A few new ones would be nice too
Especially in the mines...need some serious love there.

M

Mr Artifact

Agreed all stealable artis should spawn in random locations and at much more random times so random that no one ever knows what arti will spawn where or when at anyone time this would stop campers and scripters but still all 3rd party programs need to be removed also that enable scripts, cheats and exploits.

I

imported_Sarphus

I think there's a lot of potential for an interesting UO thief... having static stealable spawns is not how I'd do it.

I'd have some stealables that spawn when specific events occur. Other stealables would trigger events to happen.

Maybe completion of a champ spawn would trigger the spawn of an artifact in a somewhat random location.

Stealing an artifact could trigger monster spawning.

Some stealables could be cursed such as a curse that makes revenants spawn and chace you till you do something to uncurse the item... item ID could come into play in identifying the curse.

Sections of dungeon could be opened via a stolen key. When the key respawns the dungeon sections are sealed again. Lockpicking could come into play here too.

A room could randomly close doors around you until you don't have an escape route. The room could fill with gas that eventually kills you.

Some stealables could be sharp and cause you to bleed on failed steal attempts.

Theft of some items could trigger a quest where players can go on a quest to kill you and return the item.

Some stealables could have a lifespan like peerless keys, so they respawn somewhere every time the item dies.

There could be stealable ingredients (like stealing eagle eggs... watch out for mama eagle)

Failed steals could set off various traps too.

The sky is the limit with stealing... I just think we need something that doesn't involve camping a static item spawn. I also think the static spawns we have should be redone as dynamic spawns.

J

J0KING

We could really use some new ones and maybe some tweaks to the old ones... Lots of good ideas posted so far...

One thing that would help ALOT is the randomness of the spawning location and times...
When stealables were first introduced a partner and myself really monopolized the Doom Stealables on the GL shard (being unemployed at the time helped ALOT). It was very seldom that somebody besides us got anything. Usually when they did it was because we were waiting for a rarer item to spawn. Still with a good time table we were pretty exact on the spawn times within an hour. Seeing how easy it could be controlled by a small majority of the players can be frustrating to others. By moving the spawn around more it greatly decreases this control.

Just a thought!!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

scripters suck what they should do is remove all the 3rd party programs that enable scripting includeing uo assist.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's not gonna do anything but make people mad, UOAssist and all the other Pro apps do nothing to help scripters, the problem is a free program (that shall remain unnamed) that is not supported by the dev team.

Now back on topic, the stealable system right now is pretty lame. Need to remove insurance on them until they are removed from the dungeon stolen from, be unable to use a bag of sending on them, and set some traps or something.

M

Mr Artifact

considering you refuse to name this terrable 3rd party cheat program i can only assume two things either you use it and do scripts too or you are not nameing it because you dont want more players to find out so we dont have more scripters so what is it? its a fair question considering your response no arguement intended. at the very least you should inform the dev teams privately about this program if you are an honest player.

G

<blockquote><hr>

considering you refuse to name this terrable 3rd party cheat program i can only assume two things either you use it and do scripts too or you are not nameing it because you dont want more players to find out so we dont have more scripters so what is it? its a fair question considering your response no arguement intended. at the very least you should inform the dev teams privately about this program if you are an honest player.

[/ QUOTE ]

Couple of things here. There are a lot of UO Stratics users that know what this program is called. I do not use it, never have, never will unless it becomes legal. I am not naming it because it is against the Stratics ToS. And I, and numerous other players, have informed the dev teams about this many times before, but there are still scripters out there aren't there?

And anyway, even if this particular program was shut down, there is a pretty good chance that someone else would design another program. The most dedicated scripters don't give up that easy.

M

Mr Artifact

ok thats understandable i meant no offense. i have no idea what program it is and i dont care to know. its good that players atleast inform the dev teams about it. maybe your right maybe there will always be new script and cheat programs being created but at the very least the dev teams should stop the ones that they know about each time they find out about one that would atleast help so players should always inform them just incase

F

Father Time

i like Mr Artifacts idea and i must beg to differ with you on one point here Idrial Starfire UO.Assist is the cause of some scripts and some cheats infact i know thats a fact because i know people who use it. uo.assist and all other 3rd party programs should be eliminated altogether except for auto map which i do not believe is a source of any scripts or cheats if you like uo.assist its main functions should be incorperated into KR Mode provideing none of those functions can cause scripts or cheats.

I

imported_Hanna

<blockquote><hr>

scripters suck what they should do is remove all the 3rd party programs that enable scripting includeing uo assist. as for making haveing things spawn when you steal an arti i wouldnt mind that if my thief could fight heres my thiefs skills. [/list] 120.0 Stealing [/list] 120.0 stealth [/list] 100.0 Hideing [/list] 100.0 Snooping [/list] 100.0 Lock Picking [/list] 100.0 Tracking [/list] 80.0 Magery [/list] all those skills are his natural skills without any mods from rings and braclets or what ever so he really cant fight well sure he can cast an ocasional energy vortex but he would struggle to kill anything thats very tough.

[/ QUOTE ]

My Thief does quite well everywhere in tram. Although I don't have lockpicking.
120 Stealing (shadow legs +20)
110 Magery
110 Wresling (+10 on 3/1 braclet)
100 Eval Int
100 Hiding
100 Meditation
90 Stealth ( +20 Shadow Legs)
50 Magic Resist (+10 on Ring with very nice other mods - helps to break the paras+combos running through magic monsters)

If your not going to be PVPing, then you don't need tracking or snooping. Also you only need 80 stealth with leather armour, you can always add more with jewelry and/or equip. Jewelry is easy to get, equip isn't hard to get anymore either.