• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Suggestion/Request Add An Albion Online Forum To Stratics

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have noticed a bunch of people in Uhall who seem interested in and requested adding a forum for Albion Online to Stratics, and I think that would be a great idea.

Link to the Albion Online website: Brand New Sandbox MMORPG 2017 | Albion Online

It is a brand new game that was just released two weeks ago, and already has hundreds of thousands of players in it. Many UO players have said it reminds them of the old days of UO, so it would fit in nicely on Stratics along with the other two UO related games, Shroud of the Avatar and Legends of Aria, which we already have forums for.

Since all the support for an Albion forum is spread throughout Uhall and could get lost, let's try to keep the discussion about adding that forum in this thread. That way the Stratics board of directors can easily see how many people support this idea just by reading through this thread.

I'll try to tag as many people as I remember saying they supported the idea or play Albion below so they can comment here as well if they want to:

@The Craftsman
@DJAd
@Lord Nabin
@Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS
@Longtooths
@Slayvite
@805connection
@Troll The T Hunter

Lord Nabin

High Council Sage - Greater Sosaria
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
I figure even if a few people want to get it started that is fine. Good place to discuss what they are doing and enjoying.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd be all for it. Just one section at the moment to see how it goes. I mean Stratics already has forums for Legends of Aria, Shroud of the Avatar and EVE Online.

If anything it should have many more game forums! World of Warcraft, Diablo, Star Citizen etc. etc.

Albion is a released game. Shroud and LOA are still in testing phase!

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'd be all for it. Just one section at the moment to see how it goes. I mean Stratics already has forums for Legends of Aria, Shroud of the Avatar and EVE Online.

If anything it should have many more game forums! World of Warcraft, Diablo, Star Citizen etc. etc.

Albion is a released game. Shroud and LOA are still in testing phase!
I don't have a horse in this race, but I personally find it rather strange how much thought goes into setting up a single forum for this game, while there are 10 Aria forums that haven't seen a single post since their creation like a year ago.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I don't have a horse in this race, but I personally find it rather strange how much thought goes into setting up a single forum for this game, while there are 10 Aria forums that haven't seen a single post since their creation like a year ago.
The Legends of Aria developers use Stratics, and knew about it already due to some of them formerly being well known UO developers. Since they were already here and some had been using Stratics for years as UO developers, it made sense to give them their own section of the website. It is disappointing that the Aria forums haven't really become popular, but to be fair that game has had a rule against players talking about a lot of the content for quite a long time which makes forum posting about it difficult.

Phantasmagorian

Seasoned Veteran
I have been trying to like Albion, but it looks and plays way too much like a generic mobile grind game to me. Clicker Heroes+. The thrill of early UO in terms of danger and PVP I already got from early ArcheAge days, which is really the game that comes closest to to UO in terms of sandbox feel.