• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Acoyltes of the Defiler(GARG)...

Nexatilor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Greeting Siege Perilous,

We are a small band of murderous gargoyles who reject the Queens rule and her tolerance of outsiders in Ter Mur. We have exiled ourselves to the temple that houses the abyss entrance on your world and intend to use that area as a staging ground to protect our ancestral hunting grounds in the abyss. We have also linked our home there to the dungeon shame in an effort to recover the stolen artifacts of our people that are closely guarded by the elementals that reside therein. It is our intention to guard and hunt these areas as well as to gather other like minded gargoyles to our cause. We refuse to align ourselves with any of your warring factions and will engage all equally but hold a special place in our heart for the false servitors of the the defiler who have allied thierselves with the lesser demons that inhabit Hythloth.

ooc..

This guild does have a few rules..

1) Must be a Gargoyle; we are a xenophobic group of blood thirsty gargoyles and do not care at all for humans or elves.

2) Must be red

3) Must have an appropriate name: take a walk around Ter Mur city to get an idea for the appropriate style of name.

4) We will not use the following skills as it does not fit the rp of the group:

NINJITSU
BUSHIDO
SPELL WEAVING
CHIVALRY

4) We do not use ventrillo. We will respect any player's anonymity. If you show up all gargoyled up and ready to fight and behave as we do then that is all we ask. You may create a brand new character if you wish to join us and we will aid you in your training or you may bring a premade char that fits the above requirements.

5) Be respectful of your fellow player. I am not going to explain what this entails since I figure if I have to it would be falling on def ears anyhow. Our intentions as players are to create a fun pvp alternative to faction combat, add a little more danger to the shard, and to create an pvp/pk/rp presence that has went missing from this shard for quite sometime.

6) Stay in char in game and avoid pvp smack talk in chat. You do not have to speak in thees and thous..I certainly will not be but do not be using regular game slang or rl slang while playing as a gargoyle. Guild chat is open to any form of discussion however.

7) Be prepared to die..alot. I mean really alot. Check your pvp ego at the door and also plan your template accordingly with the foreknowledge that you will die alot...and most likely get dry looted. If this sort of thing makes you cry? Dont waste our time or yours as this most likely will not be the guild for you.

If this interests you then create your character and contact me (Nexatilor) or Stryge in game chat or by pm here and we will get you guilded. Please feel free to ask any questions here if you are interested in joining us.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Welcome to Siege, band of murderous gargs!

Hope you guys will be here for a while, hunting us blues in those areas. :)

Nexatilor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
We intend to be sir. I have also posted this message on the catskills board and will soon post it on others. Hopefully it will encourage a bit more migration. I have already had gotten some interest.

Nexatilor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
One other thing I need to mention; we are open to crafters as well who are willing to adhere to our rules and build thier template in such a way that they are not helpless in the wild.

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I wish your guys luck, we sure need to get evil RP back on Siege.

Sir Morder

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will be happy to litter the grounds with my corpses lol. Glad to have a pk guild like this on the shard again. Don't necessarily expect to be dry looted. Some of us just enjoy the thrill of the fight. Of course there are those that act like children and may dry loot even cap gear *shakes head*. Bring more members we'd love it!!!

edit - crap gear

Last edited:

Zalfein

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Welcome to Siege,

and remember, always be nice to your neighbors.... :)

Zalfein "Fire Island resident"

Adrianas

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[RP]
My elven necromancer, Dybela, understands how it feels to be passionate about one's beliefs. Many moons ago she was driven from the lands of elves and humans because of her own necromatic beliefs, and she took up residence in the lands of the gargoyles - with Queen Zhah's blessings I might add. You have likely seen her estate in south Termur.

I understand that you might not appreciate Dybela living in your neighborhood - but since her exile, she has become quite a recluse, and she is fine with that. She leaves the gargoyles alone, despite the fact that they can be quite tasty. She will not loot you.

Just the other day, someone was kind enough to deliver two live Betballems to her cemetary. Perhaps that was a housewarming gift?

lol! Truth be told, she will likely die many times to you. But she will fight! Or try to fight.... ;) Welcome!!!

P.S. Just an fyi - my peaceloving gargoyle, Gris Gris, runs the Termur Consulate in New Magincia. This cross-cultural exchange is, of course, anathema to your group I would imagine....

Last edited:

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
7) Be prepared to die..alot. I mean really alot. Check your pvp ego at the door and also plan your template accordingly with the foreknowledge that you will die alot...and most likely get dry looted. If this sort of thing makes you cry? Dont waste our time or yours as this most likely will not be the guild for you.
AMEN!

Sprago

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I love this i hope you guys the best of luck Love the gargoyle PK theme

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nice. I like this idea. I can probably help yall out with a few mid range garg imbued suits for near wholesale price until you get your own production system up and running. Just send me a pm and we can work something out. Just do not hate my gargoyle because he does serve a human faction but has been known to do a bit of private contracting.

JAY8533

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been looking for an "angle" to get back into Siege again and I think this is it. It has been a long time since I've run with a red and if a good group forms this could be a lot of fun.

For my sake and the sake of anyone else who might be interested, could anyone suggest some viable templates that make use of Throwing and/or Mysticism but without any of the skills that are mentioned as no-gos? I've never played a Garg and I can't remember the last time I spent significant time playing on a character that DIDN'T have any of the prohibited skills.

Nexatilor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Any weapon skill is allowed. I would recommend resist on most templates but obviously people can and do work around that.

A poisoner is a viable.

Throwing with necro skills would be a powerful template similar to a necro archer.

Dismounting stealth thrower; hide and stealth are allowed but none of this smoke bomb business.

Pure dex monkey lumberjack with a gargish axe. Put balance on the axe very soon, max your ssi, dex, stam and fly around chasing people. go with swords, tacs, anat, heal, resist, lumber jacking and what ever you have left over in med.

Myst can also be combined with dexer skills but you will need to use a spell channel weapon which will lessen your weapons effectiveness but give the verastility of crosshealing and sync dumping myst spells with our mystic mages while at the same time being able to act as an effective harrassment to enemy mages.

Any of those templates would be helpful as would just a thrower with track and reveal skills..lots of assasins and thieves that need dispatching:)

I am sure you have more questions and am glad you asked because I have been mulling these things over as well. When you are considering your template remember that not all your wrarrior skills have to be 120 or even gm to be effective (most of my warrior types run around 85 heal/gm anat/60med/90 tacs). I also welcome any input from those more experienced with playing a gargoyle warrior. My experience tends to lean more towards magery so I am sure I may be missing a few things.

Last edited:

Nexatilor

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I have had a few private inquiries about the guild. I will be available in help chat this evening for anyone looking to contact me in game. I will be in and out and will check my journal every 20 mins or so.