• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Acid proof rope graphic bug?

G

Well, I posted this on the carpentry forum, but it has aged there almost a week with no response, and forum search yields nothing (the one person I found who posted about acid proof rope problems deleted the contents of their post, real helpful!), so I will ask it here.

I had a deco project, and used my old stash of crafted acid proof ropes, which look like this:

But I needed more. So, I got the ingredients and started cranking some out...then I noticed that all the new ones were solid black, with no details. I thought maybe it was just a glitch, but after logging out/in, I got the same results. I can't seem to make anything but solid black acid proof ropes. Even though the ingredient list for the rope doesn't call for cloth, I thought maybe it was a weird glitch happening because I had true black dyed cloth in my pack (dyed from vet reward tub), and I ditched the cloth...and still got a black rope. Is this happening to anyone else or am I just "special".

-Skylark

G

The ropes are black by default.
If you want different colored rope use different colored wood.

G

But they don't require wood/boards.

I did have plain boards in my pack. It has been well over 6 months since I made the ropes, so my memory is sketchy of course, but the ones I had in my old deco stash were all the normal brown rope color in the pic above. I don't remember getting black ropes in the past or doing anything special to get "plain" ropes.

-Skylark

G

<blockquote><hr>

Perhaps you had "do not color" selected before..... I believe it works for many things...

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, I checked, and there is no "do not color" option for that.

The ingredients are 2 switches, 2 greater strength potions, and 1 protection scroll. There is no cloth, wood, or ingots that are used that could color the finished product via the material. I tried it again with NO boards or cloth in my pack, just in case...and got...a black rope. I have no idea what the problem is. Black ropes will not work in my deco project.

-Skylark

G

They don't use wood but they default to the color wood you last used with the tool. This can be changed to any wood color you want w/out using any wood to make different color ones (kind of a neat feature imo).

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i made some last week you don't need wood to craft them but they will take on the color of the wood you have checked on your tool

G

<blockquote><hr>

They don't use wood but they default to the color wood you last used with the tool. This can be changed to any wood color you want w/out using any wood to make different color ones (kind of a neat feature imo).

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, thank you...that did it. The closest match to a brown rope I can get is with yew wood selected in the carpentry menu.

-Skylark

I

imported_Gwendar-SP

Even tho the rope uses no wood to make, the wood selected by your tool affect the color that you get. Set your tool to different kinds of wood.

T

TirNaNog

You can make the normal one by having the setting on "*Wood"
(Set for normal wood and cancel "Use Material Color")

It will look just like the picture you posted of natural rope.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You can make the normal one by having the setting on "*Wood"
(Set for normal wood and cancel "Use Material Color")

It will look just like the picture you posted of natural rope.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hooray! That is what I was looking for!

Thanks! Deco project back on track. I won't have to beat anyone to death with my deco tool now.

-Skylark