• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Accurate Chances for Colored Cu Sidhes

G

Recently I spoke to Leurocian about getting the real numbers for our beloved cu sidhes and lets put all the rumors to rest!
He agreed to email me and send me the percents and I think we are all going to be surprised by what he's informed me of.
He's agreed to let me post it here for everyone to know so that I am not priivy to any information that everyone else is not.
So here it goes:

Weight Hue

20000 2216 (Regular)

500 2422 (Bronze)

500 2424 (Agapite Pink)

500 2303 (grey)

500 2218 (Slimes #19)

500 1445 (Green #46)

500 1317 (Blue #18)

50 1152 (ice blue)

50 1151 (white)

50 1650 (very red)

50 1199 (pinky)

50 1299 (blue #0)

50 1107 (black)

1 1159 (fire)

Total Weight: 23301

So Blaze/Fire (1161) would spawn 1 in 23301 chance

And the regular hue would spawn 20000 in 23301 chance (86%)

G

1161 has a weight of 1 which means the chance to spawn is 1 in total weight

total weight is 23301

T

thedewmonger

Could you clarify what the colors 'blue #0', 'blue #18', 'Green #46', and 'slimes #19' are?

G

Consider my reply to this thread validation that what Flutter is sharing is in fact genuine

G

<blockquote><hr>

Could you clarify what the colors 'blue #0', 'blue #18', 'Green #46', and 'slimes #19' are?

[/ QUOTE ]
I got them out of the Inside UO Hue list.
Blue 0 is the pewter color blue and blue 18 is that darker blue. Green 46 is really a dirty gold/brown color and slimes 19 I don't remember offhand someone want to post corresponding pictures?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Consider my reply to this thread validation that what Flutter is sharing is in fact genuine

[/ QUOTE ]
Thank you Leurocian you know you're a doll!
*hugs*

G

Heres some Math : the chances are therefore:

Regular has 85.8% chance to spawn (1 in 1.66)

Bronze has 2.1% chance to spawn (1 in 47)
Agapite Pink has 2.1% chance to spawn (1 in 47)
Grey has 2.1% chance to spawn (1 in 47)
Slime #19 has 2.1% chance to spawn (1 in 47)
Green #46 has 2.1% chance to spawn (1 in 47)
Blue #18 has 2.1% chance to spawn (1 in 47)

Ice Blue has 0.2% chance to spawn (1 in 466)
White has 0.2% chance to spawn (1 in 466)
Very Red has 0.2% chance to spawn (1 in 466)
Pinky has 0.2% chance to spawn (1 in 466)
Blue #0 has 0.2% chance to spawn (1 in 466)
Black has 0.2% chance to spawn (1 in 466)

Fire/Blaze has 0.004% chance to spawn (1 in 23301)

I also tried to associate these colours with the colour chart from the Japanese web site (see link above this one) and whilst the chart provided by Leucrocian shows 14 differing colours, the Website details 15 different.

Anyone know what the green shades are ?

Craftsman

J

Jammer_

Now I want to tame fire cu-sidhe just because I know for fact how rare it is

G

Pute just back up again after tragic demise of motherboard...

All I can say is...

Just over a year of roughly 4-8hrs solid cu sidhe taming a day produced four blaze/fire cu sidhes for me of which three I gave away freely to friends and kept one for myself. The one I am selling now is one which has been returned to me. Not incidentally, this is all documented here on Stratics Tamers Forum.

These figures certainly "feel" right to me.

There is no question several thousand cu's were culled in order to produce the ones I tamed. Equally, I've made no secret that the key to my own success is due wholly to heavy duty spawn turnover.

Thanks so much to Flutter, Lady Sounder and Leurocian, too, for this right tasty lil morsel of information!

Edit:- *Fleh - I even posted to Flutter and managed to leave her out of the thanks! *naughty Nico*

G

<blockquote><hr>

Thanks so much to Lady Sounder and Leurocian, too, for this right tasty lil morsel of information!

[/ QUOTE ]

Ohhh no thanks to me, I just stickied it, it was all Flutter and Leuro!! And a tasty tidbit of info it is!!
*off to farm Cu's* lol

G

What im happy to see, is that finally some official source has called "blaze" cus their proper name (effectively) - fire!

C

Casey

She called it "blaze/fire."

Nice chart Flutter, thanks for sharing.

G

<blockquote><hr>

What im happy to see, is that finally some official source has called "blaze" cus their proper name (effectively) - fire!

[/ QUOTE ]

So Mr Hue-Shade-Colour-Chart-Whizz,
, perhaps you can throw up a screeny of the hues for us...

The reason I ask is that I'm particularly interested in the "slimes" colour and to date no "green" cu sidhes exist in game.

G

Truth be told I had "fire" written down (Leurocian just had the numbers for me and no names) and to save confusion I decided "blaze/fire" would satisfy everyone. *laugh*

Hemisphere

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slime #19 is just one of the many hues in the game designated to "slimes" (including I think greens, yellows, blues, and reds)

Edit: Oops, misread your post. The slime hue numbers are all listed in InsideUO though. Isn't there a neon green Cu Sidhe? Like, dryad green?

G

Despite a green hue being noted in Celtic lore/mythology, there are no green hued cu sidhes in UO. It's one of the reasons I'm strongly in favour of the fire/blaze neon becoming, say, a rich malachite green in UO:KR. It would remain striking &amp; rare, just no longer an offensive eyesore lol. (Sorry, Percy, you know I love you!
)

In that case, the "slimes" hue would have to be a shade/hue of a blue (4 distinct blue shades) or a red (3 variations here, deep red, dark pink &amp; agapite pink).

Many thanks, Hemster.

ps: *cough* sig *cough*

G

God.
Ya know. A guy in my alliance asked me if I knew the percentages so I asked Leurocian.
He told me and I asked him if it was ok if I shared the information with everyone on the Stratics tamer forum.
I never dreamed there would be this much drama over what's what. Seriously.
Here's a few of the colors I cut and pasted out of the InsideUO hue thingy.
The rest really truely is free for each and every person to look up.
Sincerly I would not mislead anyone and did my best to try to share some information with some people.
Have fun.

G

I think I see where this misunderstanding has originated, Flutter, and that's exactly what I think it is - a misunderstanding. I answered you there in an attempt to clarify that the information itself is confusing rather than those imparting the information or even from what source it may have been derived.

For what it's worth, I know both Trevelyan and Hemisphere in game (though Hemi's not graced us with his in game presence of late), hence the light spirited banter and even a cheeky reminder to Hemi about making my new sig for me.

As confusing as it is to this particular InsideUO non-user, the information is appreciated, Flutter, as well and every bit as much as as you &amp; Leuro sharing it with us.

G

There is no drama Flutter.

We love this sort of thing and enjoy debating it just as much. The info is great.

Craftsman

Mazulat

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Flutter... your footwork in gathering that info and then sharing it with everyone is great. I am, for the record, UO's worst tamer. I only have a tamer becuase I was gifted an account from a good friend when she quit. If it weren't for people like you and the other regulars on this board posting this sort of color and skill info, I would still be cruising around on a plain cu with headless-like stats.

Any drama or confusion caused by your post or by the people that responded could only be labeled as a misunderstanding. No one can fault you for the info you got on yer own and then freely shared with us less informed wanna-be tamers. kk, that's my 2 cents, leaves me just enough sense to make a sandwich before I continue my lurking.

I

ivanbbq

I am sorry everyone, can somebody answer me?

I found this picture in another post
but I couldn't the spawn probabilities of the doggies in the picture.
Because the names used in the picture are different from the names used in this post.

Can somebody tell me, what is the probabilities of "Sky Blue", "Valorite" and "Echo Blue"

and which one in the picture is slime? and which one is green?

thank you very much

Attachments

Z

Zodiac19

The bottom left three are the slime, green, and blue colors respectivly which in turn is the 1 in 47 chance to spawn (realy not so rare). Don't know why the coders gave a blue color the name of green (mabey a color blind person) but thats the way it is.

I

ivanbbq

The bottom left three are the slime, green, and blue colors respectivly which in turn is the 1 in 47 chance to spawn (realy not so rare). Don't know why the coders gave a blue color the name of green (mabey a color blind person) but thats the way it is.
Ic so that means

500 2218 (Slimes #19) = sky blue

500 1445 (Green #46) = valorite

500 1317 (Blue #18) = Echo blue

50 1152 (ice blue) = Ice Blue

THen which one is the following?

50 1299 (blue #0)

really thank you very much

E

EmilyTheTamer

Here's a list of all the cu colors, a total of 15 and I've found the actual, correct chances.

The color we are ALL tired of seeing-
1.) Regular
20000/23801, 1 in 1.19 or 84%

Pretty, but not rare-
1.) Agapite pink
2.) Bronze
3.) Echo Blue
4.) Dull Copper
5.) Dusty Gold
6.) Grey
7.) Sky Blue
500/23801, 1 in 47.6 or 2.1%

The beloved rare colors-
1.) Black
2.) Ice
3.) Pink
4.) Red
5.) Valorite Blue
6.) White
50/23801, 1 in 476.02 or 0.2%

And of course, the rarest of them all:
1.) Blaze/Fire
1/23801 or 0.004%

A total of 15 colors. The Agapite Pink is almost a fleshy color, it's barely pink. Echo Blue is the darkest of the blues. Sky Blue is the lightest. Valorite Blue is VERY close to the Echo Blue color, it's a little bit lighter.

SashaSeeks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hee hee, you are still missing one of the blue colors on the last attempt of matching colors with spawn chances. There are 14 colors and 1 plain and 1 paragon. You only have 14 of the 15 colors listed (not including the paragon.) And would it be possible to list the blues, as Valorite, Sky, and Echo so that it would cooridinate to the color chart??? And does anyone know which of the blues that people refer to as rain? I'm guessing it is the Sky Blue as we don't see as many of those, and my thought would be THAT is the other rare blue to spawn beside the Ice Blue. It certainly would be nice to have a chart filled out with a picture of the cu's with their common names, and the funky uo-color-code-name. And if any one could figure that out, then give it one of the biggest "stickies" the tamer forum has ever seen!!! Wish I knew the tricks to editing, if so I would be happy to start a chart with both code names and color names, and the chance rates attatched to those pretty little pictures. Anyone up for the challenge?

PS. There are only 14 colors listed with their chances in the original post, the color chart shows 14 colored cu sidhes, but it is not including a photo of the plain cu. So in total there are 15 color cus if you include the plain. 16 if you include the paragon.

E

EmilyTheTamer

Well see, paragon is not exactly a "color." If you have ever seen a paragon spawn next to you, you may notice it stays a normal cu, with a color from the list, for a few split seconds and THEN goes paragon (which also explains why when it first spawns it does not say [paragon]). In fact I have seen Black, White, AND Ice go paragon *grumble* And, I must have skipped a post. The post at 1:30 AM on 1-26-2009 by ivanbbq has an excellent colors chart.
I now see the three colors of blue, other than Ice which some may call a blue. I thought that "Sky" blue was actually "Valorite" blue and that "Valorite" and "Echo" Blue were the same color. I have edited my color chart correctly now :)

jeza

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For those who had time to read this before I edited, I checked again and now I see the colors as they have been described.

But I still have a problem, I get as many sky blue ones as dark blue ones.
So are they truly rare and I'm very lucky or is there a mistake in Emily's post ?

C

chris123

I was recently reading an interview with a guy who works on the Animatronics and Robotic-F/X and whatnot, and I noticed something that didn't make sense.
In the article, they guy mentions that he "works on something dead", though he mentions that it's not like the Dead things from some MUmmy movie, but a beautiful dead thing.Now, I was thinking about this, and how it's only the first book, and I couldn't think of anything in the first book that we see that is dead, and neither could Morwen. Morwen suggested Harry's parents, but that *couldn't* be it, because we never personally see them dead in the books, and then we thought that maybe it was Quirrel, but then we thought THAT couldn't work, because Harry doesn't really see him dead either, seeing as he's unconcious.

E

EmilyTheTamer

For those who had time to read this before I edited, I checked again and now I see the colors as they have been described.

But I still have a problem, I get as many sky blue ones as dark blue ones.
So are they truly rare and I'm very lucky or is there a mistake in Emily's post ?
I did make a mistake in my original post, it is now 100% correct, other than rounding off the decimals in the percentage chances.