• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Acct transfer info please.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Howdy folks, so I have a 7 yr old acct on Baja, and thinking about transferring to a more populated shard. What options are open to me for this type of transfer?

Thanks folks,
Mac

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello I did the same thing a few years ago. I moved from Europa to Atlantic.

You have 2 options really.

1. Buy a transfer token for each char you want to move and do it that way.

2. Transfer 1 char over to the new shard carrying any items etc you want to bring. Then just make new characters on the new shard.

I transfered my crafter over to start with as I didn't fancy training up all the crafting skills again. I then just made all new characters on Atlantic and start them from scratch. This way I saved money on xfer tokens and still left some chars on Europa that were "combat ready". I might over also used another xfer token for a fully trained mage but I cant remember.

Now if you have lots of fully trained and scrolled up chars you might want to bring all those with you and starting over might now be an option?

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey there DJ,

Yeah, I just started a new toon on ATL, gonna be a peace tamer. There are some of the toons I'd like to bring over, but the crafter might be the one for me to bring, not a bad idea. He can bring with him all he can carry...is that correct? Anything else I should know before I do this?

Mac

You've helped me with info in the past, but thanks again.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
He can bring with him all he can carry...is that correct? Anything else I should know before I do this?
You can fill a bankbox, backpack, what you are wearing and any pets. So grab some pack horses and load them up! I can't remember if the horses need to be bonded so that needs to be confirmed.

I've also had some people on stratics who offer their xfer services to sometimes bring a few odds and ends over.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So bank box goes with you too...hmmmmm, should be able to carry a lot of stuff. Guess I'll wait about a week to work this new toon up some so he can go looking for a housing spot, maybe sell a bunch of the stuff I have that weights a ton, boards and ore, and start sorting thru stuff, thanks DJ. Now I just gotta get me a Mage training suit to get this new guy worked up, spend a few days getting ready and I think I'll move my crafter.

Mac

Ps...do runes from one shard work on another, I would think they do, but gotta ask.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi mate. Yes runes will work as normal. Also if you are heading to Atlantic drop me a pm and I can make you a basic Mage suit to train in.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Put your heavy weights of resources on commodity deeds. You can take up to 5 pack horses fully loaded, but if you do be very sure that the last command you give them is 'all follow me'. If you've told them to 'stay' there's a chance that's exactly what they'll do. Stay behind on the old shard.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
DJ, thanks bud, I'll let ya know when I arrive. Gonna start putting it together today, will probably be ready on Monday or Tuesday.

Petra, geeeez, that would be just like me, make the arrangements, get everything setup, and tell the packies to stay, lololol.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey guys,

What about pets, they gonna be in the stable on the new server, or....?

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, to take some of the suspense out of this move, what does it look like? Is it a moon gate I step thru? Where is it going to dump me on the new shard? Spent the last few hrs putting tons of stuff on com deeds and preparing my money man to go thru to get us a home. I'm sending two toons, gonna send the archer and the crafter.

It's funny how bad I feel leaving the other toons behind.....bard/thunder and tamer .

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You hit go.. it logs you out... and for up to an hour you can't log into the shard ur leaving or the new one.
No special moongate and its not instant. You appear in west brit.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL, well hell, I was thinking it would be much more dramatic, lolol.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
1st toon is on his way to his new home, once he's there, 2nd toon is ready to rock and roll.

Mac

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, I have transferred two toons with no problems and then I have tried the third and last one this morning...problem.

When I try to transfer, it comes back saying I must dismiss my personal attendant....I don't have a personal attendant. Put in a Gm request for assistance about 20 minutes ago, no telling how long this will take, but this is the last one I'm transferring.

I'll let ya know what happens once this is solved.
Mac

Ghost of Gramps

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had the same problem today after returning to UO. So, my toon attendant is out there wandering in Britannia.