• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Player News) Abuse of Power

Atrocitus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As Admiral of the Gentlemen of Fortune, I understand the need to kick someone in the behind to get things done. I even understand the need for some simple guidelines. I am not a lawless man by any means, nor am I against the need for officials.

But when a high level official attacks an innocent fisher, then embarrasses him in front of a crowd, I have to call for a resignation based on the abuse of power! Order must be restored!

It began as a civil meeting at the Brit Hall discussing a color for some masks. Lady Mesanna and EM Augustus led the discussion and showed some new color schemes.

Then EM Augustus was recognized for his service to the community and awarded his new robes.

Congrats to a great EM!

We then retreated to the Eh? Pub for some refreshments. During the course of our socializing, I brought up the issue of the evil ship stopping dolphins making it hard to earn a living at sea. I noted that my Ship of Britannia should not have any trouble "moving" a dolphin out of its way and there is no reasonable explanation for my ship being stopped while at a full sail.

Lady Mesanna apparently took offense to my speaking the truth and in an effort to silence me, she summoned an evil rabid land dolphin to attack me. If not for my expert tactics and quick reaction time, I might be telling this tale from beyond the grave.

After a few more spells than needed for a normal dolphin, I killed the beast and carved its corpse for good measure.

Then in some sort of evil ritual, Lady Mesanna carried the evil corpse out to sea to further curse the seas.

Now keep in mind, I was innocent in my voicing of a serious concern, and only defended myself and the lives of all present. For who knows how many deaths this beast would have caused if not for my actions.

My wife and son stood by and watched in fear as this tyrannical official approached me. There was nothing they could do except say their goodbyes.

In a fit of unsolicited rage, Lady Mesanna doled out a punishment that no pirate should have to endure...

AHHHHH!!!

Even Augustus jumped in on the fun at my expense, only minutes after my toasting his promotion.

After a few more drinks, even I started to enjoy the glow radiating around me. In fact, I thought to myself, this might even lure in some of them dolphins so I could continue saving the seas from these demonic beasts.

I knew this curse turned blessing couldn't last forever, so I made the best of it, clearing out several areas of ship stopping dolphins. So, even after this abusive display of power, I was still able to be of some service to my fellow sailors.

Take that, establishment!

It's good to be King!

Last edited:

Lady Bleez

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
That was lots of fun! :) I would love it if Mesanna would make us a dolphin trophy for the wall. Maybe she could make it a pink dolphin since your not pink anymore. lol Chango Pelon the dolphin slayer! :grin: I would keep that forever!!!

Atrocitus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

:owned:
How long have you been a Baja reporter? We began the game on Baja and I honestly don't remember many names. I see SuperKen (old PK guild mate) is a mod over there now.

Amber Witch

Babbling Loonie
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How long have you been a Baja reporter? We began the game on Baja and I honestly don't remember many names. I see SuperKen (old PK guild mate) is a mod over there now.
I'm still wet behind the ears, only maybe 6 months now. PK > Mod.. not a huge leap!:stir: SK's a good guy and I have a lot of respect for him.