• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About tonight (and a message to my guildmates):

• Thread starter Dor of Sonoma
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

Dor of Sonoma

There will be no Storytelling this eve, as I am still busily dealing with the obstacles and glitches that The Move From Hell has left in its wake.

However! I WILL be back ingame soon - and Storytelling will resume at its regularly-scheduled time and day and place. Can't get rid of me that easily :p

At any rate, my apologies for the nonce!

(I miss you, -S- mates!)

C

Clextor

I understand. RL has priority. But I can also see that this is another step in Sonoma's death. Peeps just aren't there anymore. I won't have anger about it, I just recognize it.

E

Effing_Nix

sonomans need to organize more events. Guilds need to step up and host old school raids with old school gear. Oasis is shut down but that doesn't mean Fight Night has to be over.

The current state of the game doesn't allow for much innovation in ways of play (balance issues with arties etc.) Basically, gear makes PvM a breeze in most cases. Makes me wonder; are the old school dungeons too weak to be fun, or is our gear so strong that it kills the fun?

Easy problem to fix I think.
Of course, everyone could just move to siege?

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

sonomans need to organize more events. Guilds need to step up and host old school raids with old school gear. Oasis is shut down but that doesn't mean Fight Night has to be over.

The current state of the game doesn't allow for much innovation in ways of play (balance issues with arties etc.) Basically, gear makes PvM a breeze in most cases. Makes me wonder; are the old school dungeons too weak to be fun, or is our gear so strong that it kills the fun?

[/ QUOTE ]

The armor that I have one now is armor that I got when AOS first came out. It has my resists almost all 70's but it has no other sort of mods on it. It gets me by just fine in old school dungeons and it gets me outa trouble when someone trys to kill me.

If I upgraded im sure I would have a much easier game to play. But then id be bored.

You cant even find old school gear anymore. Just crappy gear like mine. The community is not here unfortunetly as it use to be. Thats not for lack of trying. People tried but other didnt seem to want them to try and they ruined what little was left.

Its a different game now then it was even 2 years ago, and its not for the better.

UO is like the real world. Things keep getting worse and worse and we ignore it.

But like most things it will get better it just takes time.

Sorry to hear your still having problems Dor, I hope it gets fixed soon.

E

Effing_Nix

You can find old school gear. It's just crap gear. All that needs to happen is someone needs to provide a bunch of crap gear and start up fight night again or organize an ice run.

If there's not enough to do here with other players (which is pretty much why we pay to play... to play with other people) then you need to figure a way to bring them here or you need to figure out where they went. So far looks like they all went to siege

S

Seb of Sonoma

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if storytelling at the Y was happening tomorrow. Unless my kid falls asleep early I probably won't be able to make it, but just wanted to know.

I logged back on for the "Back to Britannia" promotion, so I'll only be here until Monday.

Good Luck with the move Dor.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if storytelling at the Y was happening tomorrow. Unless my kid falls asleep early I probably won't be able to make it, but just wanted to know.

I logged back on for the "Back to Britannia" promotion, so I'll only be here until Monday.

Good Luck with the move Dor.

[/ QUOTE ]

<blockquote><hr>

There will be no Storytelling this eve, as I am still busily dealing with the obstacles and glitches that The Move From Hell has left in its wake.

However! I WILL be back ingame soon - and Storytelling will resume at its regularly-scheduled time and day and place. Can't get rid of me that easily :p

At any rate, my apologies for the nonce!

(I miss you, -S- mates!)

[/ QUOTE ]

seems to me there will not.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hang in there, if i recall the lady of the YMCA is currently Busy Redoing her Living arrangements...
i belive she will be back into the Friday Evenings soon...

G

<blockquote><hr>

Hang in there, if i recall the lady of the YMCA is currently Busy Redoing her Living arrangements...
i belive she will be back into the Friday Evenings soon...

[/ QUOTE ]

thats ok, I was just telling Seb that news, besides Friday nights are not good for me.

J

Jheran Viaxus

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You are 100% correct. Sonomans need to get out and organize some more events. If people would get and make characters that have nothing higher than GM skills, it would quite easy to level the playing feild for mage duels, warrior duels etc. GM weps/armor. Just would take some organization. Heck and set of 2/4 jewelry with no other mods is pretty easy to come by. I would be more than willing to put in my time to supply the armor, weps, jewels, supplies etc. You could get and get real mage duels that is about skill, not your items. Playing feild would be even. Only thing is that now I no longer have time to play as much as I used too (3-4 hours per week), so I would not be able to run event.

On the note on dungeons. Yes. Most of the old skool ones on the upper levels are too easy. I have a char that is no higher than GM in any skill. Uses GM armor, weps, and no jewelry. Just old skool. His bank box has 3-4 of each wep he uses, few suits of armor. Some pots, aids, etc. I may die and lose everything on my corpse. Owe well. It only takes 5k or less to get it back. I make stuff a challenge if it is not. Weaken yourself rather than have them beef up the monsters. Some folks like to run in and one hit kill things. The only thing missing for me when I do these hunts is a couple of hunting partners, hehe. I loved it back in the day when you would go hutning with friends and you would loot up onsters and then at the end you would take look back to GH or you house and each person would get there share. Might only be 15-20k, but that was 15-20k more than you had.