• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About the Rares Festival... *Please Read*

• Thread starter imported_Lariat
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Lariat

I just learned that DVI is putting out all the gold for the prizes from the maze/hunt at the opening of the Festival. I got a rough estimate of the costs from him and have arranged a 50/50 raffle to help offset his out of pocket expenses.

There will be 54 tickets. Rather than codes, to add a bit of variety I'll be using the 52 different cards in a standard deck of playing cards, and two jokers. Here's the twist: pull a joker and you win an instant 5 million gold.

Here's the breakdown:

54 tickets = 54m

2 5m prizes leaves 44m.

22m to the drawing winner

22m to cover the opening day contest

The above breakdown is counting on all of the tickets selling. I know 22m isn't a lot to many of us, but it's the principle. DVI has put a lot of work into this festival and the truth is, it wouldn't have happened without him. Let's show him our thanks!

I

imported_Lariat

The 50/50 raffle is now set up, on the second floor.

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="#483D8B">awesome idea! DVI certainly has put a lot of work and organization into this and i think this is a great way to thank him

*runs off to purchase some 50/50 books*</font>
<font color="#DC143C">HOLY COW i just bought a couple of books and one was a joker - go figure LOL
</font>

G

Thanks both DVI &amp; Lariat with a "card" for each of ya.

Six of Spades
Six of Clubs

Provided a six is drawn, I'm in with a chance!

Eggs

Hatchlings

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Personally, I have yet to find the original raffle ticket vendors.

I

imported_Lariat

If you're referring to the ones DVI set up, he liked my system of raffle so much he's having me convert his to my format. 3 of them are up now and the other 2 will be back up soon.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Joker twist is evil. I ended up buying more than I wanted to trying to get a joker. Pfft *demands gold back*

H

heavy d

So what card would be the winner? an ace?
is the raffle going by the suit of the card also?

I

imported_Lariat

<blockquote><hr>

So what card would be the winner? an ace?
is the raffle going by the suit of the card also?

[/ QUOTE ]
Inside each book is a card. At the end I'll grab my trusty Bicycles and give 'em a good shuffle. I'll turn over the top card and that will be the winner. It could be the Ace of Spades, Three of Hearts, Queen of Diamonds, Eight of Clubs, or any of the 52 cards in a standard deck.