• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

about the event [a little summary]

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
READ DOWN FOR A LITTLE SUMMARY!

ok, my english suck! this is a fact!

I try to read some thread here but i'm totally confused!
Someone is so "kind" to tell me, in a simple and plain english (not slang),
what is going on with this event?
What is the story with blackrock?
...a little bit of information'd be nice! THX!!!

Redxpanda

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Tonight you were supposed to show up with blackrock on you. Doing so will affect what will happen tomorrow when you show up with blackrock on you. Having blackrock on you will help you in this event but is not required.

Day 1: Show up with blackrock
Day 2: Show up with blackrock and be ready to fight

Exactly what happens depends on how closely you followed all the steps.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok
i read them
i read something on some threads
but like i say before...my english suck!
its written in not plain and simple english...

i think i have to take my dictionary lol

all i find is that there was a "2 minutes" event,
and that there'll be a part2 evento tomorrow.

why only 2 minutes? *strange & fast*

what'll happen tomorrow?
i have to carry with me blackrock i suppose and i have to fight something
correct? thx again for your time!

I

imported_Beldon

The real event is tomorrow, but there was some benefit in going tonight. No one knows what that benefit is, but Draconi implies that those that did not attend tonight will regret it. I guess we will see tomorrow.

G

I wasn't able to attend the first part of the Event that happened Friday evening, but I will post what others have described as occurring.

Friday ~ The Blackrock Detector was turned on, but failed to function. I suppose that's why it only took a couple of minutes. Again, I did not attend personally, so I have very few details, just the basic premise of what occurred.

Saturday ~ The Blackrock Detector will be activated again, this time with different results. I am assuming that the second day will be the most active day of this event. We have been told:
1) Bring Blackrock;
2) Be prepared to be 'trapped' for awhile ~ I gather this means that whatever enemies are involved need to be defeated before being able to advance;
3) Be prepared to chose your loyalties.

Hope this helps! Remember to have lots of fun! *smiles*

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I wasn't able to attend the first part of the Event that happened Friday evening, but I will post what others have described as occurring.

Friday ~ The Blackrock Detector was turned on, but failed to function. I suppose that's why it only took a couple of minutes. Again, I did not attend personally, so I have very few details, just the basic premise of what occurred.

Saturday ~ The Blackrock Detector will be activated again, this time with different results. I am assuming that the second day will be the most active day of this event. We have been told:
1) Bring Blackrock;
2) Be prepared to be 'trapped' for awhile ~ I gather this means that whatever enemies are involved need to be defeated before being able to advance;
3) Be prepared to chose your loyalties.

Hope this helps! Remember to have lots of fun! *smiles*

[/ QUOTE ]

ho well, thx a lot!

looks more clear now!

i think i have to read more about this event!

G

I'd just like to congratulate Draconi and all the developers on today's lovely event. It's totally clear from looking at the boards that players from all across the world were delighted with an event which consisted of watching an NPC talk for two minutes. Truly, Draconi is a master storyteller who has us all enraptured. This is the most fun anyone has had since the first three-quarters of the Magincia invasion where nothing happened.

G

- research J Wilson.
Then fast forward another decade to the UO here and now.
Talent ist talent and sometimes critics are critics by definitions alone.

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
humm
i'll try to make a little summary of what i found:

i miss it, I'm basically left out of tomorrow night?
Judging from Draconi's posts, you won't be "left out" from the rest of the event.
You will be missing some "special effects" that will affect those who attended today with blackrock in their backpack, but you can still take part in day two (like all the other people who didn't show up, or who showed up without any blackrock).

Edit, retracting what I said: according to Draconi's last post, apparently whoever showed up today will see something special tomorrow, blackrock or not.

Draconi say this:
Having held blackrock during Day One, though, was an all around good idea.
and this:
But if you had missed tonight, and came tomorrow and saw what those who came today get, you'd have been even *more* upset if we'd simply downplayed the importance of today.

posted on uoherald.com:

* Day One: Do not be concerned if you show up and it all goes up in smoke. Just being there sets the stage for your interactions in Day Two.

* Bring blackrock

* Don’t kick Kronos when he’s down

* Day Two: The experiment is unleashed in full form.

* Bring blackrock.

* Be prepared to be trapped for a little while

* Be prepared to fight

* Be prepared to choose your loyalties

(BUT They didnt say that the dayOne was only a "2 minutes" event!!!!!!!!!!)

found also this:
Just being there sets the stage for your interactions in Day Two.
(this mean that who showed up in the dayOne2MinutesEvent'll get something?)

was it wasted? why have us bring blackrock for that??? time will tell i guess
Draconi say this:
No, it wasn't. Time will tell tomorrow for everyone who showed up, blackrock holding or no.

As we mentioned multiple times, this event was the setup. But if you had missed tonight, and came tomorrow and saw what those who came today get, you'd have been even *more* upset if we'd simply downplayed the importance of today.

(So,What about people who weren't there right at 8:00 and missed the two minute "event setup"???????)

I miss the event...fact!
Well, i hope in the day2 and i hope to be part of this event
even if dont show up in the day1!

If you like to add more information about the event
it'd be nice, so all can read this little " summary "!

Anxiously awaiting!

G

- Good summary

I missed it tonight too.

The way I understand it is that the people that were able to appear tonight and also tomorrow will get a bit of a bonus. Yet if you can only make it to tomorrow's event (the 2nd stage of Mad Mage) then you still have a good chance of wreaking havoc and being rewarded all the same.
The first day players (participants) will probably have some type of advantage tomorrow but if you were unable to make the first event then you should fear not, for:
(If you can't make the scheduled portions of the event, there will be more to do over the next few weeks as well.)

MaryForUo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

- Good summary

I missed it tonight too.

The way I understand it is that the people that were able to appear tonight and also tomorrow will get a bit of a bonus. Yet if you can only make it to tomorrow's event (the 2nd stage of Mad Mage) then you still have a good chance of wreaking havoc and being rewarded all the same.
The first day players (participants) will probably have some type of advantage tomorrow but if you were unable to make the first event then you should fear not, for:
(If you can't make the scheduled portions of the event, there will be more to do over the next few weeks as well.)

[/ QUOTE ]

thx!

i like summary, it make easy to read on what its going on, so
you dont have to dig up many posts!

Stigmatas

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

You told him to research " a jwilson".

That was freakin funny.