• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

About my current absence

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahoy mateys!

I just want to let you know why these days I'm not online a lot. I am currently preparing for a 1-week mountain bike challenge of crossing the Alps (a total of 260 miles distance and 17,500 yards uphill) on most difficult paths. If you're not too horrified about the results of Google Translator, you can read about it on my homepage here (the original page is in German). The training and the adventure itself will keep me busy approximately until the end of July. I will be in Britannia every now and then, but not as often as usual.

See ye around!
Hawkeye

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm ready to go now. My preparations are finished. The equipment I take along on this 7-day trip weighs 7 kg (15.4 lbs) without food and water. That is less than I expected, especially since I will not check into any guesthouse but sleep under the open sky instead.
Beginning on Monday, I will have an eye on the weather situation and leave as soon as it's not going to rain for 3 days (after that I'll be in the Italian Alps where good weather is almost guaranteed). I'm excited.

See you all at the end of the month, and make sure those landlubbers don't begin to feel too comfortable and save! :)

Hawkeye

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Be safe Cap'n!

And have fun. We'll be waiting for ye when ye return.

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Unless the weather gets worse, I'll be leaving on Wednesday. I'm sure I will show you some pictures of my trip upon my return.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hawkeye be sure to posts some pics of your trip when you make your return I would be eager to see them.

I recently got into bicycling a year or two ago..for recreation and exercise. I have no where near the endurance to tackle something like your undertaking but I'd love to see some pictures of your adventure.

I'll stop by your website too.:thumbup1:

hawkeye_pike

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm back!

I haven't put any photos on the internet yet, but meanwhile you can view the videos I took during my journey. There are seven videos total, one for each day (I'm currently busy uploading the last 2 videos):

http://www.youtube.com/user/gletschersau/

See you guys soon in Britannia!