• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) About Magincia....

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Magic Reflection: A Murderer using magic reflect will be flagged criminal if they reflect the paralyze spell back onto a blue character
doesn't this mean all a blue need do is cast paralyze on a red in a GZ then they can call guards on the red?

Detect hidden will once again detect everyone. Detect hidden will apply out of hide timer to detected players that are freely aggressable.
thank god...I guess I whined about this one enough on the pvp thief forum and uhall :D was BS not allowing me to detect tamers.

Added a new quest in the Abyss, this quest will start with Xeninfor the Security Advisor and he can be found in the Royal Palace. We have also added a few new mobs to challenge your fighting talents.
oh whoopee, more mobs with 10k hp and 90 to each resist i'd gather, and if they're like most of the other mobs in the abyss only 60 wrestle. (so you just get to sit there bored for 5 minutes while it slowly dies)

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
doesn't this mean all a blue need do is cast paralyze on a red in a GZ then they can call guards on the red?
That's fair and balanced!!! Get over it! *Reported*
Pwnt son! *rolls eyes*

Yes, thats a very stupid move on their part. Now you have to decide if they're running reflect or not, if they're not, you flag on them, and they can kill you without guard interference. I don't know why they keep tweaking things that are working just fine... damn Trammies!

thank god...I guess I whined about this one enough on the pvp thief forum and uhall :D was BS not allowing me to detect tamers.
Yeah, I was having to heal a monster just to flag grey so I can detect blues... pretty dumb. That only gave me a two minute window... which is very annoying if you're waiting inside someones house, watching for them to gate home again. *evil grin*

oh whoopee, more mobs with 10k hp and 90 to each resist i'd gather, and if they're like most of the other mobs in the abyss only 60 wrestle. (so you just get to sit there bored for 5 minutes while it slowly dies)
Yeah, they definately need to bump skill cap to 840 so we can run 120 x 7. ( 10 points per vet year instead of 5 to bump cap ). Have to be able to run discord or eval int to curse them and drop some resists... or lower the cost of Armor Ignore so I can spam it on them.

They keep adding more skills ( mystic, imbue, throwing, ninjitsu, bushido, chivalry, necromancy ), and never increased cap.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, i'm talking more about stuff like cavern of the discarded...if you've ever worked that mini-champ you know it's like soloing a peerless except they don't "really" fight back (if you're 120 wep skill you hit them every time and they never really hit you, but they have tens of thousands of hp and high resists, so even in honor hitting them for 100 per it takes FOREVER)

there's some overland termur mobs and much more in the abyss like this too...then you have the flipside, the goblins with 90 wrestle, die in 2 hits, and the same fame level as balrons.....

The abyss has some serious balance issues :D

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've checked magincia on TC and found the new map of the town rather buggy. Way too many graphic glitches where the floor tiles just dont fit. Doesn't look very professional. Tho i will try to get a plot there as a guest house for those who don't own a house on siege.

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH, magic reflect currently works that way with all spells. Makes no difference though, now they just have to cast paralyze instead of magic arrow.

QueenZen

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I haven't given Magincia much thought, really.

Ages ago, on Chesapeake I once lived on the beach there Magincia fel side when I was in CoM and frankly having a plot on the sandy beach is the only spot I would even be remotely interested in, on that island. And NOW Mag. isn't even a CoM base, nor am I in factions, sooo even less interest to be there nowadays.

But, the sandy beach by [downtown Brit] & near brit moongate sorta, has always been taken & FULL, is one spot, I had always wanted to be located upon but never lucked out getting to place a home there, ANYWHERE !

I NOW have a [max secureds] 17 x 14 home spot [on the Brit. sandy beach;] as of this week, here on SIEGE, and I do not see me letting go of it, EVER !
For as often as I move around, that is quite a statement. LOL

Heck it is just a quick sail to the brit fish monger from my new house now, or a quick sail on up to NEW guild, a quick jog from Brit Moongate, seconds on up to downtown W.Brit, and I can mine sand out the side door of my new house or FISH.

So now any Magincia 10k lotto ticket, that 'maybe' would get me a Mag. sandy beach spot, looks silly for me to even bother with atm. :)

(maybe one of my sandy beach brit neighbors here on Siege, will enter the lottery and MOVE, so I can be beside my other self, on the BRIT sandy beach ! ) LOL
:)

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya i dont get it. these plots should have some advantage.
either let it not count as a home or
give a bonus for the new plantable areas (or its own plantable area free of charge)

dont think i want to trade my castle for it.

Lorddog

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
idea from uhall - enter loterys in all shards and you could sell plots over there.