• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ABC Archer vs. Modern Sampire vs. Bushido Paladin ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been trying to understand which is a better PvM Warrior but, honestly, it looks like there is always fans to any and all of these Templates....

So, it gets confusing to settle on either one when it comes to fighting SOLO the top end Bosses....

I get the "impression" that, after the Masteries, because of the bonuses from Masteries some think that the Bushido Paladin tops all other Warrior Templates..... but is it really so ?

Furthermore, regardless which would be the best Template to use, is there a DETAILED walkthrough in making it from bottom up, including stats, skills, gear, artifacts, weapons etc. etc. ?

Often, the posts I read about making this or that type of template are generic, give a little informations but never go into really detailed "walkthrough" informations, step by step.....

Where does one starts from building a suit, for example ?

Are there some "core" artifacts which are a MUST to obtain and then build the rest of the suit around them so as to reach certain stats ?

For example, I often hear mentions tohave built in the suit "counterings" to having Protection on...

That is, have more physical resistance on the suit.... easier said then done...

How to have 85 Physical Resistance without having the other stats suffer ?

Also, what about the penalty to Resisting Spells and slower casting speed that Protection also hurts ?

Is it necessary to also work the suit to counter these penalties ?

What is really a priority and what not so necessary to take care of ?

As I said, a step by step "walkthrough"....

Thanks !

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have been trying to understand which is a better PvM Warrior but, honestly, it looks like there is always fans to any and all of these Templates....

So, it gets confusing to settle on either one when it comes to fighting SOLO the top end Bosses....
That's because there is no one template that is best suited to every encounter. It comes down to what's effective and often there is more than one way to effectively beat the same boss.

I get the "impression" that, after the Masteries, because of the bonuses from Masteries some think that the Bushido Paladin tops all other Warrior Templates..... but is it really so ?
Your question doesn't really make sense and it reads more like rhetorical musing. Masteries are something you either choose to incorporate into your characters main attack strategy (and to a lesser extent perhaps equipment mods) or you don't. In other words you either plan to regularly use a Mastery and therefore build with that knowledge in mind or you treat them as a less important side bonus that you might use on the odd occasion. The most common warrior Mastery use would be building with Onslaught in mind to take advantage of what it does. To make the most of it you would need 120 real Swords and a level three primer, using Onslaught will drop the targets elemental resist that matches your weapon by *I think* 20 points. To further get the most out of this you would then make sure that the following hits are Double Strikes (possibly also with Counter Attack primed) so that for the duration that Onslaught lasts you are hitting as many times as possible. Alternatively you might not bother and just use the warrior Mastery for the passive DI/HCI/DCI or whatever it is that it gives *I can't remember I haven't been playing much*.

Furthermore, regardless which would be the best Template to use, is there a DETAILED walkthrough in making it from bottom up, including stats, skills, gear, artifacts, weapons etc. etc. ?
No. No one has a detailed walk through of how you should build your character to achieve a goal that you haven't set yourself yet. They can, and have, only offer information on the tactics they have been using for the fights they've been doing. Best is entirely subjective, if you want to know how these people find this stuff out? Simple, they try different things, then adapt. The "Modern Sampire" thread sounds pretty "best" and for a lot of things it probably even is, but what if the monster has tainted life force? Or Purge? Or 'frozen with terror'? Then a template that has to hit to live is not the best, a template that has overloaded on defense, or that can heal in other ways is best.

Often, the posts I read about making this or that type of template are generic, give a little informations but never go into really detailed "walkthrough" informations, step by step.....
Because only you can decide what you want to build. And to be fair, quite often in your threads people have told you specifically what to build, and you've taken no notice and come back asking the same thing again. Do you not see that you are asking people to waste their time by doing that? The reason other people are out there soloing stuff and building templates that can is because they are putting in the work themselves. You by contrast are putting in no effort to even find out what thing you want to fight, how it fights, or making any attempts at fighting it or figuring out how to improve. You're just asking people to build your character for you like there's just one way of doing that that works for everything.

Where does one starts from building a suit, for example ?
By thinking about what YOU need the character to be able to do to succeed in the encounter YOU'RE intending to have. There's no point making a super bad-ass life leech setup if your goal is to fight something with tainted life force.

Think about what you're fighting against. Find out it's attacks, weaknesses, specials. Plan how to deal with or counteract some/all of them.

Open up a spreadsheet and plan a template. Start with skills you KNOW you need at certain levels. For example you will ALWAYS need 120 weapon skill on a warrior. If it's a sampire you will ALWAYS need at least 99 Necro and some Bushido (if it doesn't have both it isn't a sampire). THINK about how you intend to kill whatever it is. Are you going to slowly chip away while remaining entirely safe by having a highly defensive setup, or are you going for maximum damage output. Only you can decide this.

Once you have the core skills figured out you will probably have some spare points think about something useful you can do with them, or, also consider how much skill increase you could get on equipment and re-balance the levels. You may then be able to get an additional skill on there at a high level.

At this point you will know a dozen things you NEED to put on your suit. Again use a spreadsheet. Have mods across the top, armour slots down the sides, and totals at the bottom. You will know if you need skill increase items. You should also know (from knowing how you intend to fight/attack) what weapon(s) you will need to use. You decide those by their special moves and/or their base damage. All of the weapons in the different weapon classes had (some time ago) their speeds and base damages fall somewhat in line with each other (as the weapons get slower their base damage goes up). The only real difference is the specials available on those weapons at those speeds. You will obviously want to be able to swing at the cap the highest base damage weapon that has the specials you need. This will tell you how much Stamina and SSI you need on the suit. There are only so many slots that can have so much of each mod in, so this will also tell you if (for example) you may need Dex increase as well to allow your Stamina increase to reach a certain point. You may also want Dex at certain levels for bandages or to counteract curses or stamina loss.

Plan the armour type, you can either get Stamina protection, or an extra 15 LMC.

Are there some "core" artifacts which are a MUST to obtain and then build the rest of the suit around them so as to reach certain stats ?
No. This is a pointless expensive and wasteful way of doing it. Plan what stats you need and plan how to get them. Would there be any point in buying a 175m Cameo if it turned out that on your properly planned suit you could fit all the mods that matter on your gear with just Imbuing?

For example, I often hear mentions tohave built in the suit "counterings" to having Protection on...
That is, have more physical resistance on the suit.... easier said then done...
How to have 85 Physical Resistance without having the other stats suffer ?
Also, what about the penalty to Resisting Spells and slower casting speed that Protection also hurts ?
Is it necessary to also work the suit to counter these penalties ?
What is really a priority and what not so necessary to take care of ?
It depends entirely on everything else already mentioned above. You're getting too caught up on stuff like this when you haven't even planned what if anything you're making yet. Do you need Protection on? Are you planning on casting a lot of interruptible spells in the heat of battle? If not, why are you worrying about it? SPECIFIC templates with SPECIFIC fighting styles MAY need or want Protection on. Any other time (like most everything else) it is entirely optional. You counter the penalties that are relevant to what you need there is no one answer that is right in every situation. If you have no Resist on the template then countering Prot's Resist penalty is pointless.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's because there is no one template that is best suited to every encounter. It comes down to what's effective and often there is more than one way to effectively beat the same boss.

Your question doesn't really make sense and it reads more like rhetorical musing. Masteries are something you either choose to incorporate into your characters main attack strategy (and to a lesser extent perhaps equipment mods) or you don't. In other words you either plan to regularly use a Mastery and therefore build with that knowledge in mind or you treat them as a less important side bonus that you might use on the odd occasion. The most common warrior Mastery use would be building with Onslaught in mind to take advantage of what it does. To make the most of it you would need 120 real Swords and a level three primer, using Onslaught will drop the targets elemental resist that matches your weapon by *I think* 20 points. To further get the most out of this you would then make sure that the following hits are Double Strikes (possibly also with Counter Attack primed) so that for the duration that Onslaught lasts you are hitting as many times as possible. Alternatively you might not bother and just use the warrior Mastery for the passive DI/HCI/DCI or whatever it is that it gives *I can't remember I haven't been playing much*.

No. No one has a detailed walk through of how you should build your character to achieve a goal that you haven't set yourself yet. They can, and have, only offer information on the tactics they have been using for the fights they've been doing. Best is entirely subjective, if you want to know how these people find this stuff out? Simple, they try different things, then adapt. The "Modern Sampire" thread sounds pretty "best" and for a lot of things it probably even is, but what if the monster has tainted life force? Or Purge? Or 'frozen with terror'? Then a template that has to hit to live is not the best, a template that has overloaded on defense, or that can heal in other ways is best.

Because only you can decide what you want to build. And to be fair, quite often in your threads people have told you specifically what to build, and you've taken no notice and come back asking the same thing again. Do you not see that you are asking people to waste their time by doing that? The reason other people are out there soloing stuff and building templates that can is because they are putting in the work themselves. You by contrast are putting in no effort to even find out what thing you want to fight, how it fights, or making any attempts at fighting it or figuring out how to improve. You're just asking people to build your character for you like there's just one way of doing that that works for everything.

By thinking about what YOU need the character to be able to do to succeed in the encounter YOU'RE intending to have. There's no point making a super bad-ass life leech setup if your goal is to fight something with tainted life force.

Think about what you're fighting against. Find out it's attacks, weaknesses, specials. Plan how to deal with or counteract some/all of them.

Open up a spreadsheet and plan a template. Start with skills you KNOW you need at certain levels. For example you will ALWAYS need 120 weapon skill on a warrior. If it's a sampire you will ALWAYS need at least 99 Necro and some Bushido (if it doesn't have both it isn't a sampire). THINK about how you intend to kill whatever it is. Are you going to slowly chip away while remaining entirely safe by having a highly defensive setup, or are you going for maximum damage output. Only you can decide this.

Once you have the core skills figured out you will probably have some spare points think about something useful you can do with them, or, also consider how much skill increase you could get on equipment and re-balance the levels. You may then be able to get an additional skill on there at a high level.

At this point you will know a dozen things you NEED to put on your suit. Again use a spreadsheet. Have mods across the top, armour slots down the sides, and totals at the bottom. You will know if you need skill increase items. You should also know (from knowing how you intend to fight/attack) what weapon(s) you will need to use. You decide those by their special moves and/or their base damage. All of the weapons in the different weapon classes had (some time ago) their speeds and base damages fall somewhat in line with each other (as the weapons get slower their base damage goes up). The only real difference is the specials available on those weapons at those speeds. You will obviously want to be able to swing at the cap the highest base damage weapon that has the specials you need. This will tell you how much Stamina and SSI you need on the suit. There are only so many slots that can have so much of each mod in, so this will also tell you if (for example) you may need Dex increase as well to allow your Stamina increase to reach a certain point. You may also want Dex at certain levels for bandages or to counteract curses or stamina loss.

Plan the armour type, you can either get Stamina protection, or an extra 15 LMC.

No. This is a pointless expensive and wasteful way of doing it. Plan what stats you need and plan how to get them. Would there be any point in buying a 175m Cameo if it turned out that on your properly planned suit you could fit all the mods that matter on your gear with just Imbuing?

It depends entirely on everything else already mentioned above. You're getting too caught up on stuff like this when you haven't even planned what if anything you're making yet. Do you need Protection on? Are you planning on casting a lot of interruptible spells in the heat of battle? If not, why are you worrying about it? SPECIFIC templates with SPECIFIC fighting styles MAY need or want Protection on. Any other time (like most everything else) it is entirely optional. You counter the penalties that are relevant to what you need there is no one answer that is right in every situation. If you have no Resist on the template then countering Prot's Resist penalty is pointless.
Thank you for the reply.

The problem that I have, is that everything is SO MUCH confusing that I honestly do not know where to start from....

I know, that I would like to hunt, for example, Exodus (as a returning player after years away I need the Scrolls of Commendations [Replica] to scroll up my characters...) and I found it hard to find others to join to go hunt it...

So, I reckoned that if I wanted those scrolls I would need to go hunt it solo.... and yes, I know I would need a secondary account because the minimum is 2 characters t hunt Exodus....

Aside from that Boss, I know that I would like to hunt solo some Peerless Bosses like Dread Horn (including gathering the keys, of course...) and then Shimmering Effusion, Travesty, Medusa.

And then, I would like to be able to make a Template that would be able to solo the Roof....

Would it be possible to make a single Template which, adjusting the weapon and perhaps some pieces of equipment (possibly not having to mess with the skills) would be able to handle reasonably these fights ?

Which would then it be ?

Thanks for the advice !!

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
sampire can handle all of the above except Exodus.
for exodus use an archer or thrower. Or just farm gold and buy the scroll and never bother with Exodus at all.

Lord GOD(GOD)

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for the reply.

The problem that I have, is that everything is SO MUCH confusing that I honestly do not know where to start from....

I know, that I would like to hunt, for example, Exodus (as a returning player after years away I need the Scrolls of Commendations [Replica] to scroll up my characters...) and I found it hard to find others to join to go hunt it...

So, I reckoned that if I wanted those scrolls I would need to go hunt it solo.... and yes, I know I would need a secondary account because the minimum is 2 characters t hunt Exodus....

Aside from that Boss, I know that I would like to hunt solo some Peerless Bosses like Dread Horn (including gathering the keys, of course...) and then Shimmering Effusion, Travesty, Medusa.

And then, I would like to be able to make a Template that would be able to solo the Roof....

Would it be possible to make a single Template which, adjusting the weapon and perhaps some pieces of equipment (possibly not having to mess with the skills) would be able to handle reasonably these fights ?

Which would then it be ?

Thanks for the advice !!
Zero Sampire

Marquis de Sade 209

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I run a chiv archer template
120 archery
120 tactics
120 Healing
120 Anatomy
120 Chivalry
120 Resist Spells
With a composite bow I still do 200 plus damage with armor ignore so I don't waste a slot on Bushido. With 120 resist I never get paralyzed and most poisons don't affect me. Since I solo many champ spawns this resist is important.