• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Time For All Things

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been taking more chances of late in an odd attempt to draw Cas to me. It was my intent to get her someplace alone, but chance will often decide the outcome of any endeavor.

Izzy and I had been in Skara and I was enjoying a spirited argument with the Ranger Devon when Cas walked in, seating herself at the bar. I was sure Izznet would have rather I left and returned to the safety of Aerlinnbar, but I in truth had other plans for the night.

Tossing an occasional comment towards the Hands current head I made sure that she knew that I was heading home to Yew. Then Izznet and I left and headed to Connemara to wait what might come. I was not disappointed this night. In little time, Izznet looked up alarmed saying that we had company outside. We listened as they searched the house’s upper floors, and as their boot steps approached the doors to my office.

As they entered, I stayed seated behind my desk, while Izznet stood close to the passageway to Aerlinnbar. I was hoping that if things turned bad, she would take the path to safety so that I would not need worry about her while dealing with the Hand.

Looking to them both, I asked them to have a seat. Cas accepted and ordered Sean to watch the Drow and shoot her should she make a false move. The gambit had paid off, I now had the Hands head sitting across from me and I was hoping that some form of talk would take place.

She of course insisted that I was banished from Yew and I asserted that she lacked the authority to do so. She threatened my freedom and well being and I assured her that no matter what, I would still be in Yew. I suggested some sort of compromise, for the good of Yew. She sat back and thought for a bit, and then listed three conditions of agreement.

1. I would cease trying to undermine the Hand within Yew and acknowledge her claim of Governor.
2. I would pay my taxes in full and on time.
3. I would admit publically that Aegis was a part of Yew and under Yew laws.

I countered with my own list being.

1. I would cease to undermine the Hand and on occasion refer to her as Cas and once in a while call her Governor. If she chose to run-in the upcoming elections and won, I would always refer to her as Governor Cas.
2. Of course I would pay any reasonable taxes to the city of Yew.
3. Of course Aegis was a part of Yew and had always lived under the laws of Yew.

I was a bit surprised when we came to an agreement, and I handed her a pad and pen to write with. She wrote down what had been decided, and after reading it over, I signed it and handed it back.

It was a good thing to bring some end to tensions within the city. And I would have to admit, though not to Cas that she had brought some measure of security to Yew and the surrounding forests. There is a time to everything, and all things have time and purpose. This was not a time for war, but to make peace and hope that Yew had at last found the strong leader it has lacked since Lady DeCourtney‘s death. I know well there will still be other matters to deal with, other foes to fight. And perhaps with the aid offered me I will be ready to face anything to come.

But for now, there will be an uneasy peace.