• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Three Hour Tour

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
A Three Hour Tour​
boat race 7-8-17-capt flower pwd.jpg
EM Kincaid: Good evening, ladies, gentlemen - and the rest of you! *looks sideways at drunk* that's enough out of you, sir Please do not charge off before you know everything. Right now, you don't know where to start, and I'm not going to tell you where to finish. *evil grin*
boat race 7-8-17the rest.jpg
You will be given a bag which contains instructions, and a dictionary. As you go around the course, you will be given clues. The answers are in the dictionary. For instance, if someone says "on or in a vessel", then the keyword is "aboard". That's the first entry in the dictionary, in case you were wondering. You will be given the first keyword. DO NOT leave here without it.
boat race 7-8-17-starting gun.jpg
Once you have your bags and the first keyword, go upstairs and pick any of the moon gates. Each one takes you to a different starting spot. Some of them will have you swearing. Some will have you cursing. *evil grin* *very evil grin* So will some of the locations you have to sail to.
But, this is the hard shard. Feel free to blow each other up as you sail! So, before I give out the bags and the starting password, are there any questions?

Of course there were questions, and of course, he had all the answers.

EM Kincaid: I have about 22 bags so there's enough to have one each

Kenzie Mori: but I don;t have a ship I am a member of a crew
EM Kincaid: that's ok. If you captain gets looted, at least you have a spare
Tanager: keep your book anyway tho pls, in case mine gets lost
EM Kincaid: otherwise you would have to run back here to get another. Well if there are no more questions and no more singing. Please form an orderly queue. Once you all have a bag, I will tell you the password. I repeat: DO NOT LEAVE HERE WITHOUT THE PASSWORD.You will feel really silly if you do. I will be waiting at the last spot and you don't know until you get there where it is, if you don't arrive on a boat you don't win it's that simple.

Once the bag were given out all were told where the moon gates where for our first location and our first clue.

EM Kincaid: doubloon
FLOWER POWER
First Location: Papua
Tanager: doubloon
Faye the Lookout: A doubloon! Thank you. Go to Britain, and tell Octavius he's just plain bad luck on a ship!
boat race 7-8-17 feeling like a three hr tour.jpg
Next Location: Britain
Tanager: Jonah
Octavius the sailor: *wails* It's not my fault every ship I'm on sinks! Bah! I quit. Tell Firthwist in Trinsic ta stop!
Kenzie Mori: avast
Firthwist the vexillographer: What? That layabout's quit? Bah! Well, ye go tell Augustus in Vesper ta watch fer a trespasser!

Next Location: Vesper
Tanager: stowaway
Augustus the deck hand: What? Thank ye! I'll alert th' Cap'n! Would ye mind goin' ta Marsten in Buc's Den - answer's yes!

Next Location: Buc’s Den
Kenzie Mori: yes
Marsten the fisherman: yes? Yes what? You just walk up to me and say Yes? What kind of lunatic are ye?
Sara Dale: Yarr
Marsten the fisherman: Arr? Good. But me barge has no topmast. Ye should tell that ta Dewey over in Serp's, sharpish!

Next Location: Serpent’s Hold
Golde Alienor: stumpie
Dewey the first mate: A stumpie? Useless! Well, nowt for it. Tell Mitzi Of Minoc ta prep her floatin' shop!

Next Location: Minoc
Kenzie Mori: bumboat
Mitzi the sea trader: Aye me boat's available, but Brenna in Jhelom has some rope I need. Make sure there's no chafing!

Next Location: Jhelom
Tanager: baggywrinkle
Brenna the ship's cook: Aye, got plenty. But ye'll also need ta speak ta Dodie in Skara about summat ta hold the compass.

Next Location: Skara Brea
Dodie the sailor: Here's me spare! Can ye tell Elissa in Ocllo I found some o those fearless little birds she likes?

Next Location: Ocllo
Tanager: booby
Elissa the fisher: Oh I just love them! Don't you? Pass the word on to Alaina in Moonglow, and this spare mast!

Next Location: Moonglow
Tanager: boom
Alaina the sailor: This is useful! Please, remind Melba in New Mag that I can't anchor my forestay, would you?

Next Location: New Magincia
Kenzie Mori: bowsprit
Melba the swimming instructor: What? No, but tell Sylvia in Cove to help. She also needs this block with 3 holes in it. Thanks!

Next Location: Cove
Tanager: deadeye
Sylvia the crab fisher: I'll get it all shipped off. But you need to tell that orc past the fort to return my sandstone!

Next Location: Orc’s Fort Docks
(Here my Journal fails me)
boat race 7-8-17 New Mag.jpg boat race 7-8-17 The EM gave me a scare.jpg
(Not sure where we were now will check snaps later)
Tanager: bear
Ornidaa the beachcomber: Ha, you don't fool me. But could ye take this short bit o rope wit an eye ta the serp's pillar?

Next Location: Serp Pillar
Kenzie Mori: lizard
Rona the marooned: A lizard? I need rescuing, you idiot! Tell Kathleen in Nu'jelm the valve in my boat gave out!

Next Location: Nu’jelm
Kenzie Mori: seacock
Kathleen the fishmonger: Oh that is terrible! Tell Bucia in Yew she's in danger of being pressed into service!
boat race 7-8-17 the sea horse.jpg boat race 7-8-17 the sea horse1.jpg
Next Location: Yew
Tanager: shanghaied
Bucia the deck hand: We can't have that! Go to Meghan at the Sea Market and raise the alarm! Ahoy the fleet
boat race 7-8-17 Yew.jpg
boat race 7-8-17the finish.jpg
Next Location: Sea Market
Kenzie Mori: Ahoy
Admiral Meghan: Don't you worry - we'll send the fleet to rescue her! Oh, and congratulations. You're a fine sailor!
boat race 7-8-17 winners.jpg

Sparviero

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Nice Report ! And congratulation to all crew that joined in this event ! ... It was really fun ! :danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb::danceb:

Tanager

Sage
Stratics Veteran
A lovely telling of the tale!

First, a hearty thanks to the valiant crew of the Flower Power - Kenzie Mori and Magichands! Land lubber captain that I am, I had the ship bouncing off of many rocks, shores, and sea creatures. Alas, there are now many dolphins with sore bottlenoses.

crew.jpg

The sea horse in the classic client was indeed a horse, I can see now. For me in EC is was a very eye catching llama! Between the excessive ale, peculiar sea serpents, surprise visits from our dark trickster overlord, and turbulent waters along the edges of the world, the end result for the captain was... messy. Here are some of my favorite moments!

favs.jpg

Congrats to the winning team! This was a test of endurance as well, as we lost several ships during the course of the four hour long journey. The setup was excellent, the lil easter eggs along the way entertaining, and the dictionary puzzle was fun. Despite our best efforts to be a delicious target, the Flower Power never was raided, so now there is booze left over!

award.jpg

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
My next question is why in my picture the sea horse looks like a horse but is a llama in yours, Tan.

SpyderBite

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This looked like a lot of fun. I too missed this one. I have very little free time in the summer. I can barely get in game long enough to stock my vendor. :(