• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A thought to some of the "Mistaken" bannings.

smip

Slightly Crazed
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A thought came to mind today about some of the folks that say they got banned for no good reason. Most of the posts that I read I have no pitty and didn't beleive them... However, there were a couple that stood out in my mind that MAY be believeable...

I am wodering if some of the "Innocent" bannings may come from accounts that were transfered or bought that was never "legellay" transfered and the old info is still on those accounts.. OR attached to accounts that did get banned.

This is why it is very important to get accounts transfered via the legal way. But unfortunately while typing this post... I can't seem to find the account transfer pages that have the links on what to do... :coco:

Anyone have the link somewhere?

M

Mechanic

I'm still waiting for a poster to say he was unjustly banned and have less that a billion gold.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm still waiting for a poster to say he was unjustly banned and have less that a billion gold.
LOL :popcorn: I'll be here snacking waiting for that too...
a friend of mine was banned for warning her guildmembers to keep thier noses OUT of dupes during a guild meeting.

The email said "you will NOT discuss dupes, the existance of dupes, or share dupes in game with other players" or somethng along those lines. she wasnt poor, but she had less than a billion gold.

so there you go. I spammed "I wonder how many times i can spam the word dupe at the bank before i get banned" at luna for a good hour one night. No one banned me.

Which is why before EA gets any more of my money, they need to pull their heads out of their bums.

N

NaKasha Saran

a friend of mine was banned for warning her guildmembers to keep thier noses OUT of dupes during a guild meeting.

The email said "you will NOT discuss dupes, the existance of dupes, or share dupes in game with other players" or somethng along those lines. she wasnt poor, but she had less than a billion gold.
And sadly that is ALL she was doing. During a guild meeting she was stating how bad dupes are and that there are websites out there that might seem tempting but it's not worth it to lose your account to even try anything. She didn't mention the websites, nor the URLs, just made a blanket statement that there WERE sites out there and not to be tempted... she didn't explain how, didn't mention how, didn't even mention what the dupes were... just a simple warning to her fellow guild members... and she was banned. And still, EA refuses to investigate this.

Blesh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And sadly that is ALL she was doing. During a guild meeting she was stating how bad dupes are and that there are websites out there that might seem tempting but it's not worth it to lose your account to even try anything. She didn't mention the websites, nor the URLs, just made a blanket statement that there WERE sites out there and not to be tempted... she didn't explain how, didn't mention how, didn't even mention what the dupes were... just a simple warning to her fellow guild members... and she was banned. And still, EA refuses to investigate this.

I've sent Jeremy emails asking her to please please look into it, and that her getting banned was wrong. Its sad, becuase she loves UO, took it with a grain of salt, and still plays. While I myself had quit with intentions on eventually probally coming back, Now i wont. Pariah (my bf) wont touch it with a ten foot pole after that, and even offered everything cept his toons gear, uncluding his castle to her. He and I loved UO. But EA is destroying it. On top of that, many have closed accounts becuase of what happen to her. More plan to if nothing is done. And ya know, in the end it only hurts the person who was unjustly banned. becuase she loves this game and is saddened by every player that leaves.

It all makes me sick.

Something I'd like to add, i sent a PM to a UO news website (not stratics) reporter in hopes that they would use it to help people understand that not all people claiming to have been unjustly banned were guilty. I never received a response, So i guess I'll post it with this.

-------------------------------------

"This is not a story about myself, I left the lands of sosaria many moons ago. However, had I not have left, I would have the moment I heard the news of one of the most beautiful, kindest, funniest, good hearted people on my shard.

This is a story of a Woman.

A Woman whom would give you tunic off her back if she felt you needed it more than she did. A Woman who barely knew me when my account was broken into about a year ago, but still did everything she could to keep me playing, becuase she hated to see people leave. A Woman who was always there every sunday night to hold her guild meeting, and provide something fun for the alliance to do together. A Woman who Xsharded to a jap shard so everyone could have some of the new event cloth, out of her own pocket.

A Woman whom, at a recent guild meeting warned her alliance about the dangers of duping, and warned everyone to keep thier noses clean or lose thier accounts.

A Woman whom, as a result, was banned.

A Woman who, as a result of caring for the game, her alliance, is now losing heart in the game.

Its one thing to have your house dropped by a no name hacker, like I did. But to have everything you've worked for taken away from you wrongly by EA is unforgivable.

Many members of my alliance have since left game due to this wrongness. I know I will NEVER give EA one red cent of my money, ever agian. "