• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A thank you to the DEVS, (Please read)

• Thread starter imported_archite666
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_archite666

I just want to send a thank you out to the DEVs for giving us another good patch, I mean regardless of the issues or if you like the items or not, I think they deserve a high five because they are listening to ideas and I think they are probably doing their best to make everyone happy with in reason.

I think they probably hear so much complaining constantly and they ARE trying to breathe life into UO, and after the past couple years where we didn't get a single patch in months, I think its a decent change of pace.

I believe their job is probably hard and although we don't see alot of HUGE improvement in a year, they are certainly trying their damnest within their own constraints. So maybe people should cut them some slack, because I'm sure their job is't as easy as we all think. I mean UO has been around along time and has been altered by many groups of people so who knows how confusing the coding is or what has been lost in the change of dev teams.

Think about working on a project that has been alted over a 10 year period by many many people such as a house, or a machine or even a computer program and then trying to fix things wrong with it, who knows how much "jury-rigged" stuff is in it or half assed completions.

So to the DEVs, I just want to say thanks and that not very many people may understand your position, but AT LEAST 1 person, if not many more, does and I encourage you to keep up the work and continue to listen to INTELLIGENT ideas and continue to weed though all the NONINTELLIGENT ones. And of course continue adding new content and bring some life into this game that so many of us hold dear.

Heres to you DEVS!

P.S, I was't trying to butter you up but if you could only do something about R.O.T. on Siege then I would ultimately impressed.

I

imported_archite666

Yes indeed, more people should reply, unless they are just feeling bitter.

Otis Firefly

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup Thanx Devs!..awesome job!!..keep it up...And PLEASE work towards my ability to carve up heads (with the name of the char to which the head came off of)...you can play with the bounty system at a later date...just please find it in your hearts to gimmie that BACK!!...lol....please

I

imported_GalenKnighthawke

Although I have mixed feelings on some of those rewards, I'll definitely still sign onto this thread.

-Galen's player

M

mmmbeer05

despite trepidation on the quality of the items...yes well done devs!!!

I

imported_Telerandil

Weeks like this, it's good to be reminded that a lot of positive feedback goes unsaid.

Devs, IOU an Eighth in Sacrifice.

L

legs

Love what is being done..... i may not agree with all of it, but am thoroughly impressed that there are changes and improvements and additions to the game based on player input.

Well Done!!!

and now, could we possibly have the Heads with names back?? Please...... oh, and could they be mounted as trophies like the dreadhorn head, etc? Please.... There are a couple i really really want to be able to stick up on a wall.....

I

imported_Hawkeye_Pike

The event sure was a nice diversification. I wish those things would happen more often in the future.

However, I think this kind of event could be improved in the future, with little effort. More unexpected things should happen. Make people join into the event, not for items, but for the event itself. Make people identify with the background story and make them fight for the future of Britannia (and not some cloak of corruption).

I kindof liked the Invasion of Britannia back in the Early Days, which was much more dynamic. For those who haven't been around in 2000, stories and screenshots on this page and the following:

http://www.aschulze.net/ultima/stories7/story188.htm

I do not complain, as to my understanding the Moonglow event was just the beginning what the Devs used to call the "epic event". <font color="red">A big THANK YOU to the Development Team for trying to breath back life into the UO community and not being discouraged by the criticism on these boards. Despite all the (sometimes legitimate) critics, you are still doing a good job!!!</font>
As long as people criticize things, they still do care.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I think they deserve a high five

[/ QUOTE ]

a 'The Todd' high five?

or

a 'Borat' high five?

I

imported_Specialshoes

I agree with this. If you are one of those still looking for a reason to thank the dev's................COMMA'S IN CHECKS! YAY!

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
*Shakes Pom-Poms*

'nuff said

LONG LIVE UO!

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I will sign, looks like a lot of effort went into this one so they deserve the kudos for that. Well done all,

I

imported_lord richard

I'd like to pat them on the back too, but my arm won't go that high because of the carpel tunnel injury I sustained from trying to get all those worthless turn-ins......*wanders off mumbling to a non-existant friend*

I

imported_Evilminion

Adding my woots to the thread.
Not only am I thrilled with the upcoming round of fixes, but I simply can't wait to turn in all the rubble I have stored in my house and hopefully get a Sherry statue. Wheeee!

C

Connor_Graham

Bug fixes Great!

Commas in checks. Great!

Rewards for turn ins...

well....

Selling Pom Poms 1k.....

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

Does anyone know if commas in checks includes commas in the prices on player vendors?

G

I think the devs are probably doing the best they can with limited resources.

Thank you devs for you work.

B

Belmarduk

<blockquote><hr>

Yes indeed, more people should reply, unless they are just feeling bitter.

[/ QUOTE ]

I

imported_Xana Banana

yay! a thank you thread thats not locked! To everyone associated with UO

THANK YOU

G

Agrees and signs. Hey folks, remember, it ain't over yet! I think we have A LOT more to come!

I

imported_Tamais

count me in also. Thank you, thank you. Maybe I'm strange but I like all of the new gifts. I want each of the shirts and of course the statue. I really appeciate the fact that the devs. are trying to make this an exciting time in the game.

I

imported_Salivern_Diago

Hear hear!! I agree with the OP. The Devs get alot of bashing, but hey at lest they are trying to do something rather than winging all the time about this or that.

As for the new items... So what if they dont add a whole new PVP element... the game isnt all about PVP. They are prodcing some nice items for collections, style and here and there an added bonus.

Only thing I'ld like to add to the collection.. is a nice GM robe... red with gold highlights, now that I'ld pay for hehe.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Devs, IOU an Eighth in Sacrifice.

[/ QUOTE ]

Devs: IOU Cake

Lady-Tor

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
/Signed (as long as you consider female chars) *wants dress instead of shirt*

S

Sindris

Yes, please accept my lip prints on your rear ends as well, if there is any room left. Its like trying to place a house during the second year of UO.