• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A tale or a song??? A "bump" For the First WNH I was apart of!!!

• Thread starter Krysma Doomspeak
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Krysma Doomspeak

You might have missed my tale earlier so i was bored and decided to tell it again in a Bard like fashion /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

[hum the tune to Gilligan's Isle while reading]

Just sit right back

and you'll hear a tale.

a tale of a fateful trip

that started from this very spot

With SALTY as the skip

The mate was a mighty singing man

the skipper, brave and rash

Many brave warriors left that day

For a 3-hour Bash, a 3-hour Bash.

The Ratmen started getting rought,

The Tiny Group was Cross

If not for the courage of the rash Salty

The Questers would be lost, The questers would be lost

The group headed around the bend

Only to find the Wyrm

with Salty

and the Singing DooD

Kewllllllll DooD

The Uninvited Guest and her horse

Maelwyn and Braera

Here in ICE DUNGEONS' GRASP..............

Now this was the tale of our Dungeon Crawlers,

We were here for a long, long time.

We had to make the best of things,

T'was an uphill climb.

The Singing dude
and the skipper too

We did our very best

to make the others a tasty treat

for our Icy wingeded friend

No swords, No In Lor's, No Jester hats,

Not even a single REG!

Because like most of the loot that night,

It's all in Bacci's
PACK!!!

So join us here each week, my friends,

Your sure to get a /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif.

From Many stranded Adventures'

HERE ON SALTY'S QUEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Selinar [Jester warrior], Breeze Windsong [Gm smith/ Gm minner] Woody [Gm alchemist]
Dying with a /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif in a dungeon near you! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/jestera.gif /php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif, /php-bin/shared/images/icons/popcorn.gif, & be /php-bin/shared/images/icons/clown.gif for tomorrow we /php-bin/shared/images/icons/headache.gif

C

Cice

I love it :)
So did this "Bacci" character give the stuff back? Or should we be on the lookout for this looter?

I've been accused of being a lot of things, "nice" isn't one of them.

K

Krysma Doomspeak

remember bacci from the Kaldun thread [kaldun is my dungeon] just take a wild quess as to weather or not she gave any back :)

Selinar [Jester warrior], Breeze Windsong [Gm smith/ Gm minner] Woody [Gm alchemist]
Dying with a /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif in a dungeon near you! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/jestera.gif /php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif, /php-bin/shared/images/icons/popcorn.gif, & be /php-bin/shared/images/icons/clown.gif for tomorrow we /php-bin/shared/images/icons/headache.gif

I

imported_Maelwyn

Very nice. I loved it. My daughter, who plays Braera, was tickled that she got a mention. She's 11 (soon to be 16, she thinks).

Bacci looted a few people. Not sure how much she got in the end. She kept trying to steal my statue that I pried from the stiff fingers of a dead rat man mage. Not sure exactly how, but she was ganked at the Y by someone. I went out and looted an ID staff off the body. She came back and I healed her. Tried to give the staff back but she wouldn't take it. I think it surprised her that someone actually helped her out and was willing to give her items back. Funny that she wouldn't take it. Must be some kind of looters code.

Maelwyn

K

Krysma Doomspeak

:) glad you liked it. I aim to please!

B

Bacci

Nice tale. :) I enjoyed it greatly. *hums along to the tune* I think you may have exagerated about just how much loot I did acquire, but then all good story tellers do that. I'm not saying that I didn't get a decent haul though.

True that I was later killed at the YMCA. It wasn't a gank. It was just one guy with a powerful ghoul's touch bow. ^^

K

Krysma Doomspeak

well of course i exaggerated that's what bards do!! No offense intended :) just made the story better :) every good story needs a villian plp just love a good villian :)

Dying with a /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif in a dungeon near you! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/jestera.gif /php-bin/shared/images/icons/pint.gif, /php-bin/shared/images/icons/popcorn.gif, & be /php-bin/shared/images/icons/clown.gif for tomorrow we /php-bin/shared/images/icons/headache.gif<P ID="edit"><FONT class="small">Edited by Krysma Doomspeak on 05/05/01 12:02 AM.</FONT></P>

K

Krysma Doomspeak

what is funnier is this post got nowhere. I though it was pretty funny but it just dropped of the page while the lurker post stays at the top lol go figure?

I

imported_Hecubus

Great use of STORYBOARDS!!! I assume this will be directed by Sherwood Schwartz...

D

Dor of Sonoma

Bravo, Krysma!

*whistles and stamps her feet*

More! More! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

~Dor

<font color=blue>The Lone Ranger</font color=blue>
<font color=purple>Guildmaster,</font color=purple><font color=red>Sonoma War Games</font color=red>

L

luthian dargoth

Woooooooooooooot!! Awesome..

*writes a note to himself* keep an extra Jesters Hat on vendor next to the Spare Pink Bonnet for Krysma

<center>

Luthian Dargoth: Bard/GM Warrior
Clotho De Maria: T-Hunter/Tamer
Hekizia Dargoth GM Smith/GM Tailor/GM Miner
</center>

K

Krysma Doomspeak

hehe good thinking Luthian but it's got to be dyed black :)

L

luthian dargoth

You Betcha.. The only clothing item on that Vendor that is not dyed black is the
Spare Bonnet for Pluffy.

<center>

Luthian Dargoth: Bard/GM Warrior
Clotho De Maria: T-Hunter/Tamer
Hekizia Dargoth GM Smith/GM Tailor/GM Miner
</center>

K

Krysma Doomspeak

which reminds me i need a rune to your guildhouse i forgot to mark one lol

T

Thirst

Very nice...NOW BACK IN YOUR HOLE!

What the hell is that?...What's that sound?...Is that little bells?

V

vonFaustusIV

Thirst you nerd.

Vonfaustus
[?] The Jesters [?]- Lake Superior - Sonoma

K

Krysma Doomspeak

Isn't that the pot calling the kettle black VF ?

V

vonFaustusIV

Back off BubbleBoy, your next!

And another thing! You stole me and Nickel's logo without prior permission! I'm sueing!

*runs out to get copyright on Jester logo*

Vonfaustus

T

Thirst

VF's here, there goes the neighborhood.

V

vonFaustusIV

I just followed the smell of nerd and it lead me here to you Thirst.

Vonfaustus

T

Thirst

hehe, call me doc baby, you know how I like it

K

Krysma Doomspeak

ahh me guildmates you certainly have a way with a thread :) lol

L

Lord Nickel

i thought i smelt tripe...

“What contemptible scoundrel has stolen the cork to my lunch?”
- W.C. Fields

Lord Nickel, Keeper of the Mystical Bean Muffin Chronicles

T

Thirst

umm actually I think that's you Nickel, one word pretty boy, bath.

B

Blight Li

Oh good, Nickel's here. I was worried I would have look at posts worth reading.

Blight

"Search your heart for what you hold most dear. Then, despair, because I have come to take it from you."

K

Krysma Doomspeak

Just Thought I'd Bump this so All the New plp that Frequent the WHN's. Could see a Little of the Events History! Back then the WNH's Were lead by none other then Salty Pete! I still miss old Salty! *sniff*

Selinar/warrior, Breeze windsong/smith, Woody/Alchemist
<a target="_blank" href=http://uoda.salmandesigns.com/>Feel Free to Visit the Jester home page here</a>
<a target="_blank" href=http://uoda.salmandesigns.com/hellaforums/>Message Board Here</a>

B

BranWyn

DUDE!!! Its ART!!!! :) Most excellent story/song :)
Will join the next WNH when its in Tram!!!
Glad everyone had a good time and Raphs pics told a great story too :)

Aine - Mage/Bard/Tamer [Order of Tendai]
Branwyn - T-Hunter [Treasure Hunters of Brittania]

<font color=green>"Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt." Sun Tzu<font color=green>

T

Towenaar

LOL defintely good stuff. Thanks Krysma, I needed a smile. heh heh. :)
*grin*

<center><font color=4682B4>This isn't what I like to call flattery, but I know that I believe that I've found what's true, that I've found what's you.</font color=4682B4></center>
<center>"Truthfully", Lisa Loeb</center>

K

Khal Drogo

ummmmm *MEGA BUMP*
hahaha
sorry guys, Halloween made me think of jesters lost.

and this post made me happy!
I miss WNH!

R

Reachwind

Holy smokes! Isn't there a rule against digging up the bones of the dead? /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

You should have been on the very first Wednesday night hunt... It was just Salty Pete and Salty Joe and they managed to die within minutes of walking through the door.

Honestly I lost interest in leading the hunts after having my ICQ was flooded with people complaining about "greifers" attacking and looting them. Posting a public Felucca dungeon crawl just attracted every petty greifer in Fel to get their PK or thief and loot all of the OTE and obvious Trammel players they could find. Krysma had a little better success when he took the hunts to Trammel... That is until everyone seemed to get bored and drift off.

K

Khal Drogo

I really do wish I had been there!
I didnt start going to WNH til Krysma was leading them.
Some of the bets times i ever had in UO were on a WNH
I understand the reasons why it died off, the last couple I went on had a mere 5-6 people on them =(

its too bad too, I miss them!!

R

Raphalon

Hrmph. This hunt wasn't meant to be in UO... mayhaps my fair Selinar will steal sheep in our next carnation.

R

Raphalon

*punches Khal in the nose*

And THAT'S for bumping this to make me sad!!

S

Sir William

Perhaps there is enough interest to start something up again... Perhaps a Wed Night Champ Spawn or something. I never got to many of the WNH's but only because my commute time kept me on the road until after it was over. The times I did go were extremely fun.

I

imported_Aboo

In Trammel there is no reason to stick together and fight as a group. In Felucca, there is /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif That's what made the WNH's fun I think. Some folks actually got a chance to be in on the winning end of the good-guy/griefer battle. Even for just a little bit.

My 2 peso's anyway.

D

Dor of Sonoma

*smiles*

I marked this thread as "kept" months ago, so I certainly don't mind seeing it again. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/biggrin.gif

By the way, Khal...there's nothing to keep YOU from resurrecting the WNH. Naturally, you would be welcome to use the YMCA for whatever backing it could provide. Give it some thought, okay?

Winter is a good season for it, too...much fewer outside distractions, as players huddle around their computers for warmth. heh...

R

Raphalon

Aye, Khal, I told you to start them up. The reins have been passed, it is your turn to take them and lead the horse.

It would seem strange if a non-Jester did the WNHs.

G

It'd be good to see the WNH running again, in Felucca. It only ran from the Taverna in Trammel a couple of times, but I agree with Aboo, without the possible danger of PK's and thieves most players find little need in group hunting. perhaps one idea would be top meet at the Y, then announce the destination dungeon, instead of announcing where you're going on the board... it'd avoid the casual griefers at least.

Whilst we are reminiscing, here is a nice little pic that mot will remember /php-bin/shared/images/icons/wink.gif

<center>
</center>

K

Khal Drogo

tis true, I should start WNH back up, only problem is that for now I am away at school, and unable to play on any kind of a regulare basis. HMmm

Well i'll see what I can do, I would love to have them started back up.

K

Khal Drogo

hmmm
well good and bad news
i may not be coming back to school for second semester, so depending on when i get a job/what hours i end up working.....WNH may be coming back =)