• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Mining] a small piece of blackrock

• Thread starter imperterritus
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
I

imperterritus

I just mined "a small piece of blackrock", which seems to be different than the imbuing ingredient, "crystalline blackrock". Does this serve any purpose?

D

Drazasamus

you can cast armegeddon with it, or carry it to infect creatures... there isn't a use for it yet as far as i know other than that...

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
you can cast armegeddon with it, or carry it to infect creatures... there isn't a use for it yet as far as i know other than that...
Nah.. the small pieces of blackrock did not do that. It was the Large Pieces of Blackrock that did that.

Like this:
Untitled.jpg
But there were 4 (pretty sure it was 4) different facings of them.

The small pieces are Blackrock Stew, crafting Exodus keys and for making the shield around Dark Wisps be penetrated.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nah.. the small pieces of blackrock did not do that. It was the Large Pieces of Blackrock that did that.

Like this:
View attachment 115498
But there were 4 (pretty sure it was 4) different facings of them.

The small pieces are Blackrock Stew, crafting Exodus keys and for making the shield around Dark Wisps be penetrated.
interesting..So Dark Wisp's shield is penetrated by blackrock small pieces? How is that done? Do they get spent after that if so?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
interesting..So Dark Wisp's shield is penetrated by blackrock small pieces? How is that done? Do they get spent after that if so?
Nah, the small pieces do not have any type of counter on them for the number of times the shield is penetrated. I have been carrying the same small piece in my chars pack for years... just having it in your pack causes the shield to be nonexistent.

and have been carrying a large piece in two chars packs since the Blackrock Infecting time frame in case the Devs accidentally turn it back on.. we know how glitches happen with UO all the time, so I keep hoping they glitch that back :thumbup:

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Nah, the small pieces do not have any type of counter on them for the number of times the shield is penetrated. I have been carrying the same small piece in my chars pack for years... just having it in your pack causes the shield to be nonexistent.

and have been carrying a large piece in two chars packs since the Blackrock Infecting time frame in case the Devs accidentally turn it back on.. we know how glitches happen with UO all the time, so I keep hoping they glitch that back :thumbup:
Cool..Ty for info..Learn something every day!!
So this means that you can melee them and cast one them more effectively then?

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
After 11 years I am glad the OP has now been given the answer he sought.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Shows how often I look at the date. I only watch the 'New Posts' feed seldom much else.

mihali

Sage
Post-Mortem Necroing of a Necroed Post from more than a decade ago: Ty in advance.
Mining gives Small Piece of Blackrock? How about lumberjacking, sandmining, or other?
Is there any specific area that gives more with mining or anything else? Tram/Fel (theoretically more due to double resources?) /Eodon/TerMur/Lost Lands etc?:)

1647718234747.png

Draza

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Bark fragment and fungi from trees, crystaline blackrock from mining in ter mur.

Percivalgoh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You an get bark fragments, switches, luminescent fungi, parasitic plant and brilliant amber from lumberjacking (and wood) in Ter Mur you can get crystal shards. Mining gets you besides ore and the entire assortment of small gems, turquoise, fire ruby, blue diamond, perfect emerald and dark saphire and small blackrock the larger blackrock occurs mining in Ter Mur, if you mine niter deposits you can get saltpeter. Fishing you can get white pearl and delicate scales besides all the stuff from killing sea serpents and fishing up SOS

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter