• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A simple wish...

• Thread starter Vash TheStampede
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
V

Vash TheStampede

I'd REALLY like to see gear that's insured to go back on your character once you get resurrected and not left in your pack. This leaves you completely defenseless and not mention making you an easy mark for rez killing. Since I am paying alot of gold PER item EACH time I die. I think it's not to much to ask that armor, jewelry and clothing go back on when you're alive again.

W

wee papa smurf

If you where going to be rez-killed when you get ressed it wont matter if your fully dressed or not because you will be red lined so one shot will kill ya? unless yer lucky and whoever resses ya has compassion or summit.

Izzy MBC

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I feel like I'm gonna portray a character of my real self which isn't particularly accurate by saying this, but to hell with it.

It's amazing there is Insurance and NO Risk at such a cheap price. I'm not a millionaire, but there seems to be LOADS of people who are, who can just waltz around in ANY dungeon or situation, and come out of it unscathed with nothing lost. Even if you're not a millionaire, you can walk through a dungeon and die 3 or 4 times at least and not have to worry about your best Leather Gloves being lost, amongst other items of critical value - which for the love of god, shouldn't be able to stick to you throughout all the thick and thin.

Ironically, it seems to me the Newbies that have it worst, with so little Gold to begin with (Still 1000gp right?), and no way to protect their equipment which they need to progress their skills with, and survive as they take their first steps in the world. Talk about having it tough.

Suffice to say, auto-equipping just removes 30 seconds of hassle that I'd rather not dissapear; maybe I've been reading the DFO forums way too much, but dying, ressing and running straight back into battle even more prepared sounds like an Arcade game or something.

This is of course my opinion, that such an enhancement would only make things worse. I ponder what people would say if you had to drag EVERY item off your corpses again?

H

HillBilly

Humans in RL have one life....but If I could rez in RL...Id expect things to be on my body. Thats how UO is.

Except...uo auto equips insured items when you click on your body.

RL insurance companies would say that they couldnt find your items...much less dress you in them :)

I fail to see the point in this thread. At least its in Rants so I guess there doesnt need to be a valid point.

Please uninsure your blackrocks. :)

V

Vash TheStampede

I am a little surprized. I thought more people would like the idea of not having to equip all your insured armor, jewlrey and other items when they get rezed. Ok right now when you click your corpse you do auto dress but I think that should happen at the moment of being rezed not when you click your body. If you can't get back to your body you have to move everything over one at a time. Ok maybe it's the lazy in me talking. :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:

C

Cloak&Dagger

I am a little surprized. I thought more people would like the idea of not having to equip all your insured armor, jewlrey and other items when they get rezed. Ok right now when you click your corpse you do auto dress but I think that should happen at the moment of being rezed not when you click your body. If you can't get back to your body you have to move everything over one at a time. Ok maybe it's the lazy in me talking. :bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs::bs:
100% laziness. If you are that lazy run in kr, the dress function is instantanious soon as you press the button associated with it heh, Makes me wonder if anyone even played the game when you actually lost everything when you died.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Meh, not a necessity but it would certainly make things easier.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or even easier still, make a dress macro in UOA. You hit one button and it dresses you.

V

Vash TheStampede

Or even easier still, make a dress macro in UOA. You hit one button and it dresses you.
Yes it does and I DO have one... but it's one piece at a time and I am not a patient man... LOL

Guess I'll have to just deal... *sigh*