• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] A simple quest

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read many posts but i haven't understood if it's better to be a gargoyle or not:(
i've also read :
"Q: What bonuses do gargoyles get over humans & elves?
A: I have seen too many conflicting posts about this, so I don't want to lead anyone stray. From what I have seen, success chance seems to be dependant on not only the race, but the number of total properties on the item, given an characters of equal skill, the same forge location, and identical items. I do not believe it is a flat xx% bonus. "

Now i'm a little confuse.
My imbuier is elf, skills are
120 arms lore
120 imbuyer
120 blachsmithy
100 carpentry
120 tailoring
120 tinkering
77 magery ( with jewels and tome)

What i have to do?
Change my elf to gargoyle?
Thanks.

frostbolt

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
being a gargoyle is imo an absolute must for imbuing. if you wish to make relic fragments without burning hammers and rare gems

formula being
((mod weight) x (enhance material weight))+garg bonus +queens forge bonus = 451

i believe u multiply the entire thing by 0.7 if the item is imbued i forget

but aside from that you want it anyway to have the 5% bonus to imbuing success when ur adding your last property and its only got like a 10 % success chance.

Warsong of LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What i have to do?
Change my elf to gargoyle?

You have 2 choices (there is no quest to change to a gargoyle) so:

1) you buy a race change token from a player vendor (these were given out as pre-release bonus for buying Stygian Abysss) though I do not know if they are still given out when you upgrade an account as all my accounts have been upgraded since SA release date.

2) you have enough soulstones and/or soulstone fragments and you stone off all your skills then delete that character and start a new gargoyle character and add your skills back onto this new character. Which you might want to do since it takes 10,000 loyalty points to use the queens' forge and new gargoyle characters start with 2,000 loyalty points.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Warsong, don't care. I have some tokens ( i have many accounts all upgraded to SA).
The question was another :)

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If your question is -

Do I need to change from elf to gargoyle to become an effective artificer?

the answer is NO. The very small benefit is greatly outweighed by the detriments of changing from your original race. It is a flat% increase, but is so small as to be negligible, especially if you have the loyalty points and do your major imbuing at the Queen's Soulforge.

Although, in your case, there won't be any real detriment, as you don't use this character listed as a gatherer - if it had lumberjacking or mining on it, then yes, it would be a loss - otherwise, it's basically a draw, with the only downside being your innate mana advantage as an elf.

and, @warsong - no, they are no longer giving out the tokens - even as far back as January, when I upgraded my 1st account, they weren't giving them out. And still not as of last week, when I upgraded my 2nd account.

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guido thanks. I think that i'll not change the race :)
Warsong, sorry for my bad answer rolleyes:

Guido_LS

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guido thanks. I think that i'll not change the race :)
Warsong, sorry for my bad answer rolleyes:
No problem - I wish my Italian was as good as your English :) You do very well with your questions, but someone that isn't used to dealing with people that don't speak English as a primary language may not know that sometimes things either get lost in translation, or the translation may not be as straight forward as it seems.