• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] A Scam has Taken Place at the Silent Auction House

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demonous

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Europa Trader's suit named "armor crafted with dragon scales from a crimson dragon" has been taken by a scammer. A character walked into the silent auction house named Europa Trader, dressed in a red robe and beetle which is how the real Europa Trader dresses. He even wore a suit of armor imbued only with lrc just like the real one. He asked if he could have his suit back for a little while to take screenshots cause he was going to be quitting uo in the near future, i made sure it had no bids on it or anything and like an idiot i didn't confirm that it was him on the character, i just believed it was him, so i handed it to him, then he asked if he could have a few more of his things back to take a screenshot, i looked at his paperdoll and made me think for a sec if it could be a scam, turns out it wasnt him and i tried to play it cool to get the suit back for a sec to mark it off in a book that i gave it back but he said hold on lemme take the screenshot and ran away and never came back. It is the only full suit crafted with dragon scales from a crimson dragon and we will be paying Europa Trader the buyout price of 1.2 billion. E-mailed mesanna about it to see if she can do anything but I doubt she will.

On behalf of the rares community, Sundina and I sincerely apologize for this catastrophic mistake. I should have seen right through this scam, but figured it out too late. I'm sorry to you especially Europa Trader. This will most likely be the last time that the two of us run the silent auction because frankly, we let down the community. We tried to make it foolproof, but we were undermined by such a simple scam. There is no way we would allow this to happen again and I still can't believe I didn't confirm that it was actually him on his character I feel like such an idiot. Sorry again. The only good thing is that since only 1 full suit exists, we will know who the culprit is if they try to sell it.

blend

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I think need donations for Silent Auction Houses.
Great work .They are important for Rare Collectibles Community.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Like I told you, people do sometimes make mistakes and you should not be beating yourself up about this. You have tried to protect the players in the community and then because of one mistake you shouldnt feel like you failed.
You made a mistake and you saw it in time before it could have been worse.

We live and we learn, its a shame that some people have to spoil other peoples fun. But there seems to always be people out there that will try different ways to scam, cheat or steal. And if you let your guard down by mistake just for one moment they will exploit it.

But I don't think you should decidee its your last time your in charge of silent auction, you both have done well. Tho I only had handed my items to Sundina
I still think you both have done the silent auction well. So don't let this scare you, look forward to this weekend and enjoy the fest.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Hate that happened for everyone involved.

Just a suggestion for folks in future rares fests, maybe going with something like not even taking items to put in the fest from anyone that is not communicating via some form of messenger {ICQ, Yahoo, MSN} will put a stop to this form of scammer. Yeah, it would be a pain in the butt to have 50+ new names on your messenger list, but it would be another layer of security for everyone involved. It also would require "putting your foot down" and telling those that want to submit high end stuff - "NO, not until you give some form of contact outside of the game". I know the rares community has been hit by a number of them, and this probably will not be the last time some goofball takes advantage of folks.

Just my .02

Athelas

Lore Keeper
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Europa Trader's suit named "armor crafted with dragon scales from a crimson dragon" has been taken by a scammer. A character walked into the silent auction house named Europa Trader, dressed in a red robe and beetle which is how the real Europa Trader dresses. He even wore a suit of armor imbued only with lrc just like the real one. He asked if he could have his suit back for a little while to take screenshots cause he was going to be quitting uo in the near future, i made sure it had no bids on it or anything and like an idiot i didn't confirm that it was him on the character, i just believed it was him, so i handed it to him, then he asked if he could have a few more of his things back to take a screenshot, i looked at his paperdoll and made me think for a sec if it could be a scam, turns out it wasnt him and i tried to play it cool to get the suit back for a sec to mark it off in a book that i gave it back but he said hold on lemme take the screenshot and ran away and never came back. It is the only full suit crafted with dragon scales from a crimson dragon and we will be paying Europa Trader the buyout price of 1.2 billion. E-mailed mesanna about it to see if she can do anything but I doubt she will.

On behalf of the rares community, Sundina and I sincerely apologize for this catastrophic mistake. I should have seen right through this scam, but figured it out too late. I'm sorry to you especially Europa Trader. This will most likely be the last time that the two of us run the silent auction because frankly, we let down the community. We tried to make it foolproof, but we were undermined by such a simple scam. There is no way we would allow this to happen again and I still can't believe I didn't confirm that it was actually him on his character I feel like such an idiot. Sorry again. The only good thing is that since only 1 full suit exists, we will know who the culprit is if they try to sell it.
I know you are probably beating yourself up over this, passionate people usually do. You are in fact human like the rest of us and you have made a very human mistake, it happens (happened) to the best of us.

That said, let me go ahead and say this now. Similar to the stance taken over the Pac auction items, I will be following that example. The Crimson Dragon suit will not be sold here on the rares forum.

Herman

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
A secret code in order to get items back is another good way of security

I hope u continue holding the silent auction people trust u and i dont know many that would dare handle this much of other peoples rare items in fear of loosing them

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't quit on the community. If anyone doesn't feel comfortable, they don't have to use the auction. Personally I think you do a great job. Mistakes happen and the fact you're making good on it to the seller is all the community could ask for.

P.S. If you still have room, I'd love to toss a few things in the silent auction. Pm'd you, but it might be glitching. If there is still room, please ICQ me at 465-972-004. My husband and I are buying a home in rl so been pretty crazy here and I'm running behind schedule. :sad2:

The Shamrock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Could not have happened to a nicer guy; I hope you reconsider and take this as a learning experience. Without you doing these events, they simply just won't be the same. I know right now it hurts, but I assure you after a few days you'll recover and feel better. When I got scammed, it felt a lot like a breakup from a relationship. You actually go through stages like denial, embarrassment/bruised ego and then you just accept the fact that you're human and make mistakes etc. Whatever you decide, we'll have your back.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry to hear that Demon, I know the stress involved with just the simple tasks about making sure everything is locked down properly never mind everything else that is involved. One thing I always did during giving and receiving process was to confirm by icq. If there is anything I can do to help this weekend let me know. For some reason or another I was kinda dropped from the process this fest. Was probably more my fault for my lack of involvement in UO these last cpl months. Either way someone has to do the task of being responsible for holding billions in other peoples rares and you have done a stella job and the community trusts and will continue to trust you regardless of this bump in the road. Keep ya head high.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Start making people say something in general chat and check the ID# next to their name. It's what it's there for.

red sky

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I know this might ruffle some feathers. But the real question is this: What if the guy who owned the suit fooled everyone into thinking that some noob stole his suit. But alas, that's a question we probably will never know the answer to. Hehe.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems noone likes to check guildstags really anymore, that would save a hell of a lot of trouble.

Europa Trader

Sage
Stratics Veteran
seems noone likes to check guildstags really anymore, that would save a hell of a lot of trouble.
Well my char on ATL is not guilded. So that would not work. But maybe its a good idea for everyone to guild their chars when at Rares Fest.

M

MySavannahRanger

Hoodwink is at main vendor house in front, wearing the Crimson Gloves right this moment

Prime.

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"Gloves Made With Scales From The Crimson Dragon [St. George's Day 2010. Europa]" are being worn right now by someone at Rares Fest if these were part of the gloves that were stolen?

F

Finrod Annare

i have a screen shot if you would be interested just give me a private message Demonous or Europa Trader i would be happy to send it to you

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
pretty sure icq would have been fool proof?? alas there are some very bad people out there.
but the idea of the coded book is good..were u get a 6-8 digit coded book that only u and the owner of the silent house can match....to retrive items...

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
www.full-gaming.com/UO/shinobihelm.jpg

Enough said. There are only 2 helms. The other one is still at the auction house and Europa Trader owned both of them before this happened.

The character showing wearing this is well known and also partook the heist at the Pacific Rare Fest.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, the steal was done by me, the Legendary Thief Hoodwink. Shinobi took no part, it was a 1 man job, in and out. I'll explain EXACTLY how it went down if you want details, how I got past THE security (yes, this was PLANNED). I'd like it to be known he took ZERO part in this. This helm however, was a gift from myself, to him, as my best friend. When I tried to bring him in on it, he said no, because of what happened at the Pac Rare's Fest. It could have been a 2 man job, in fact it would have made my life ten times easier. But I won't let Shinobi take the fall where it should be me, not on this one, not this time.

-Hoodwink
I don't buy it. What you are saying makes little sense and is meant as nothing more than to further try to pull the wool over our collective eyes.

Planning? this isn't rocket science. GED unnecessary.
Wouldn't take part? if he had a guilty conscience, he wouldn't be seen in the helm the same day it was taken and certainly wouldn't agree to wearing it...if he had a conscience.

Your reasoning is about as good as your *buddies* in the other thread. 'Nuff said.

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it definitely was not hoodwink alone, hoodwink was at the house when it happened talking to whole time, i think it was shinobi behind it, either way i sent hoodwink i not so friendly pm telling him how i felt about what he did

H

Hooodwink

Yeah Hoodwink stole the suite, Helped by shinobi and a "respectful" guild leader.

I did some research on the mater and on him because my guild start losing newly buy items when he was in the guild. We blamed EA at the beginning until one of GM's of the many we paged told us someone has been stealing of us.

Most of the research leaded to his older name, and his older guild. So i kept looking i even paid some gold to get more usefull information.

A very "respectful" guild leader is the one that cheer's for him at every scam sometimes takes part of it sometimes takes part of money.

This guild is in the top 10 most populated ones of Atl. And the worst they scammed rarefest, while they use their vendors and their people to profit from it. Just a shame to hurt the community this much with all this hypocrisy. And risk all the guild members to be releated to all this shame.

Any doubt Just PM me...

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah Hoodwink stole the suite, Helped by shinobi and a "respectful" guild leader.

I did some research on the mater and on him because my guild start losing newly buy items when he was in the guild. We blamed EA at the beginning until one of GM's of the many we paged told us someone has been stealing of us.

Most of the research leaded to his older name, and his older guild. So i kept looking i even paid some gold to get more usefull information.

A very "respectful" guild leader is the one that cheer's for him at every scam sometimes takes part of it sometimes takes part of money.

This guild is in the top 10 most populated ones of Atl. And the worst they scammed rarefest, while they use their vendors and their people to profit from it. Just a shame to hurt the community this much with all this hypocrisy. And risk all the guild members to be releated to all this shame.

Any doubt Just PM me...
there was a time when GMs would take back an item from someone that pulled a scam and suspended the scammer, i miss those days

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The devs consider this a valid playstyle, nothing will get done.

Prawn

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This.

Is this all there is left in UO? Collectors and 12 yr old PVP'r / Scammers?

People are far too involved in this game... its just some crappy renamed items that dont benefit you anyway... for gameplay at least.

But I will say its nice to see your small collective band together and support each other, for the most part. That is more what the gameplay should be about... take revenge.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you look in the RoC, roleplay is not a valid excuse for fraudulent activities or any activities breaching the RoC in general. Read it for yourself. :popcorn:

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I am shocked that this simple scam worked I have to add that the dev team cannot spend one moment trying to remedy the situation. While I am sure that the OP is held in high praise by this community, and people, it is nothing more then he said/she said regardless of what happens.

People can come forth and claim that they did it or they know who for what ever reason they wish(I'd point the blame at Restroom cause I would think that's darn funny to do such) but the last person who held ownership of the items that everyone agree's with is the OP.

Europa Trader gave over control of these items and while it was believed that a transaction would take place he released control with nothing more then goodwill to assure either return of the items or payment. People lost items during the rolling out of Mag and this was due to a error of the Dev team and those have not been replaced even after posting on Stratics stating such would occur, this is not even close to the case and would set a new direction for item replacement that no one wants to journey down.

Sorry for your loss but such is the risk that one takes when you hand over items.

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok this is so wrong.... Shinobi has been my freind.... but i cant beleive he did this. Shinobi, if you see this.... give back the ENTIRE suit please. Be the better person and give it back. If he chooses to not give it back, actions must be taken if they havent been taken already............ As one of the Rare's Fest Host,I think you and Hoodwink will no longer be able to take part in ANYTHING that is going on at the Rare's Fest or anything that happens that I or another Toad Town member is hosting. If that is ok with the rares community it would be a great decision. Please Shinobi, stealing from innocent people is wrong in sooo many ways. Europa Trader worked SOO hard i bet to get that entire suit and all the wants to do is have fun at the Atlantic Rare's Fest. Now if it werent for the Honest people in the rare's community pitching in their gold to help Europa Trader get his $ back, he would be so devestaded and he wouldnt have any fun because he lost over 1bil in a rare. Again im really sorry this happened Europa Trader. This WILL NOT happen again!

Nistra

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going to ask if there was any way we could start a "donation" box so Masta and Sundina or whoever didn't have to foot the bill for the whole thing. I don't have billions at my fingertips like some...I'd actually have to give up goodies to have that....but I'm sure a lot of folks would be willing to give "a little bit". Little bits add up. How do we "donate"?

My two cents.. It was an honest mistake. Yes we can all sit and go over how to stop it from happening again but the bottom line is everyone is human and humans do make mistakes from time to time. Personally I've appreciated how both of these folks have treated me as both a new comer who had no clue what I was doing and someone who had a bit of a clue. I understand why they would want to say this is their last... but I really hope they don't stick to that. So if you didn't hear me before when I said it thanks for all your help.

Angelina

Demonous

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok this is so wrong.... Shinobi has been my freind.... but i cant beleive he did this. Shinobi, if you see this.... give back the ENTIRE suit please. Be the better person and give it back. If he chooses to not give it back, actions must be taken if they havent been taken already............ As one of the Rare's Fest Host,I think you and Hoodwink will no longer be able to take part in ANYTHING that is going on at the Rare's Fest or anything that happens that I or another Toad Town member is hosting. If that is ok with the rares community it would be a great decision. Please Shinobi, stealing from innocent people is wrong in sooo many ways. Europa Trader worked SOO hard i bet to get that entire suit and all the wants to do is have fun at the Atlantic Rare's Fest. Now if it werent for the Honest people in the rare's community pitching in their gold to help Europa Trader get his $ back, he would be so devestaded and he wouldnt have any fun because he lost over 1bil in a rare. Again im really sorry this happened Europa Trader. This WILL NOT happen again!
according to them, the suit has been split amongst 5 thieves, i saw hoodwink wearing the gloves, hes also banned from the silent auction house now

M

MySavannahRanger

My main toon is Mosby, although i have been playing Mutiny more than any other as of lately. I just wanted to add my .02 and do not care what others think.
I am not the type of person that would play a thief. However it is a part of the game and hold nothing against those that do. The issue i have is that there is a major differnts in stealing while in Fel and scamming in Tram.
I have never cared to associate with those that are thieves in game. Shinobi to my knowledge has always claimed to be a thief, but has always had a likable personality. I would have never thought he would have found himself in the middle of an out right scam. There is no doubt he is involved with this scam. Weather or not he participated or not, I may never know. The fact that he chooses to participate by accepting a scammed item and proudly wearing it says enough.
I am only another player in the game. Those that participated even by means of accepting a scammed item are dead in my book. Any involvement with me they will have to do on a secondary charcter. There is no doubt they have ruined their legacy as thieves and are now scammers.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a tip, Always confirm identities. Most PvP guilds require voice confirmation via ventrilo before giving anyone anything. ICQs and emails can be stolen but once you know someone's voice, you're not like to forget it.

On that note, I think as a community we should re-evaluate how we handle in game auctions. It seems like every time there is an issue, it's auction related.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I am shocked that this simple scam worked I have to add that the dev team cannot spend one moment trying to remedy the situation. While I am sure that the OP is held in high praise by this community, and people, it is nothing more then he said/she said regardless of what happens.

People can come forth and claim that they did it or they know who for what ever reason they wish(I'd point the blame at Restroom cause I would think that's darn funny to do such) but the last person who held ownership of the items that everyone agree's with is the OP.

Europa Trader gave over control of these items and while it was believed that a transaction would take place he released control with nothing more then goodwill to assure either return of the items or payment. People lost items during the rolling out of Mag and this was due to a error of the Dev team and those have not been replaced even after posting on Stratics stating such would occur, this is not even close to the case and would set a new direction for item replacement that no one wants to journey down.

Sorry for your loss but such is the risk that one takes when you hand over items.
You know, I don't see your name on the donation list. I also don't see you selling rares here. Considering this is a discussion pertaining to the rares community and you are only here in the capacity of troll, I respectfully ask you to leave.

Thanks.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As a tip, Always confirm identities. Most PvP guilds require voice confirmation via ventrilo before giving anyone anything. ICQs and emails can be stolen but once you know someone's voice, you're not like to forget it.

On that note, I think as a community we should re-evaluate how we handle in game auctions. It seems like every time there is an issue, it's auction related.
Why do you use terms like *we*?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why do you use terms like *we*?
because aside from you and like 4 other people, most of the community has no problem with me being a legitimate collector. I'm not out scamming folks or misleading anyone. I collect and sell rares pretty regularly and nobody ever has a problem trading with me.

Picus at the office

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know, I don't see your name on the donation list. I also don't see you selling rares here. Considering this is a discussion pertaining to the rares community and you are only here in the capacity of troll, I respectfully ask you to leave.

Thanks.
My name would never be on the "donation" list to assist some person recoup gold that they lost due to poor planning, charity has never been a option in this game. I do own "rare" items but they are in a chest collecting dust and the gold value of these matters little to me and, thankfully, I shall never have to base my worth in this game upon some group of people slapping me on the back yelling about what a amazing collection of stuff I've managed to group up.

There is an amazing amount of threads on these boards from nice people whom crossed the path of the esteemed members simple for wanting to sell a item but never got into the club, it is for those poor people whom I post.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
because aside from you and like 4 other people, most of the community has no problem with me being a legitimate collector. I'm not out scamming folks or misleading anyone. I collect and sell rares pretty regularly and nobody ever has a problem trading with me.
Bites tongue and leaves it at that.'

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My name would never be on the "donation" list to assist some person recoup gold that they lost due to poor planning, charity has never been a option in this game. I do own "rare" items but they are in a chest collecting dust and the gold value of these matters little to me and, thankfully, I shall never have to base my worth in this game upon some group of people slapping me on the back yelling about what a amazing collection of stuff I've managed to group up.

There is an amazing amount of threads on these boards from nice people whom crossed the path of the esteemed members simple for wanting to sell a item but never got into the club, it is for those poor people whom I post.
So then, aside from pulling your usual bulls**t of taking pop shots at me and the community in general...you have no real purpose in posting here.

R

RavenWinterHawk

I cant say Shin did this or was invovled cause I have no clue.

But he enjoys being a thief and playing a style of stealing high ticket items. I don't personally hold ill will to him but as a UO play style he will skin anyone for a good steal.

Check out his posts over the years. He enjoys the big steal. He also likes to brag about his conquests. He doesn't hide it. If he was involved, he'll let you know.

Besides you live and learn. Sadly people will steal in RL and definitely in this game.

KingHen

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'll be the first one to tell you, I am not in the rares community. Heck, I couldn't even begin to afford some of the things being bought and sold, however I have had many dealings with Demon on Chessy.

I find him to be upstanding and a solid contributor to the community there and a class act. Keep your chin up bro, it was a mistake. It sucks that it happened, but leaving the community here would certainly be a shame and yet another loss in addition to this unfortunate incident.

I'm not the richest bloke in this game but if I can help in any way I would be happy to.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you look in the RoC, roleplay is not a valid excuse for fraudulent activities or any activities breaching the RoC in general. Read it for yourself. :popcorn:
ORIGIN - Ultima Online - Main
FAQ

What constitutes a scam?

A scam is the act of acquiring item(s) from another player through misinformation, confusion and pressure, or by taking advantage of basic trust. A GM will not be able to intervene in such instances.

What constitutes an exploit?

An exploit is defined as intentionally bypassing normal game mechanics through a bug or other loophole in order to gain an unfair advantage.
Answer
QUESTIONInformation and tips on avoiding scams.
ANSWERAt some point in time it's possible that in UO, just as in real life, someone will try to scam you out of your hard-earned possessions. A GM can assist you in this case only if game mechanics were exploited to allow the scam. As there are very few exploits of this nature, more often than not the scam is just a scam and a GM will not be able to intervene. An exploit is defined as bypassing normal game mechanics in an unintended manner. If you are in doubt as to which your situation may be a GM can help clarify this. Essentially though, the responsibility is yours to keep your self safe from scamming. Common sense, knowledge and caution are always good in any trade situation. Here are a few tips that might just help prevent that scammer from being successful.

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hmm? You sure seem to be defending hoodwink at the rares fest right now.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So then, aside from pulling your usual bulls**t of taking pop shots at me and the community in general...you have no real purpose in posting here.
This is a public forum with its own rules. You do not have the right to tell anyone where they may or may not post. Get over it.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is a public forum with its own rules. You do not have the right to tell anyone where they may or may not post. Get over it.
If you knew the history between myself, that poster, and the mods...you might actually understand why I posted what I did. Since you don't, congrats on not getting it. Also, making rude comments towards the community like he did does not gain him praise.

This isn't a public forum either...

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Congrats, you quoted an out of date resource. I suggest you read the updated RoC and ToS.
Answer
Answer
These are your information

Please show everybody here on these forums how you think you are so right.
These links are from Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online | Play the 14-Day Free Trial!
Support | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online
Policies & Rules | Mythic Entertainment | Ultima Online
Search for the word SCAM and it shows NOTHING> LOL you fail.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I fail.
I looked over the RoC and took a few notes...please look these over if you would and consider what occurred

Some RoC violations of this activity could include:
- Engage in disruptive behavior in chat areas, game areas, forums, or any other area or aspect of EA Services. Disruptive behavior includes but is not limited to conduct which interferes with the normal flow of gameplay or dialogue within an EA Service.
- Impersonate another person (including celebrities), indicate falsely that you are an EA employee or a representative of EA, or attempt to mislead users by indicating that you represent EA or any of EA's partners or affiliates.
- Promote, encourage or take part in any activity involving hacking, cracking, *phishing, taking advantage of exploits or cheats and/or distribution of counterfeit software and/or virtual currency/items.
- Interfere with the ability of others to enjoy playing an EA Service or take actions that interfere with or materially increase the cost to provide an EA Service for the enjoyment of all its users.
- You may not conduct any activities that violate the laws of any jurisdiction including but not limited to copyright infringement, trademark infringement, defamation, invasion of privacy, identity theft, hacking, stalking, *fraud and the distribution of counterfeit software.
- “Role–playing” is not an excuse for violating this or any other policy.

*Phishing is an example of social engineering techniques used to deceive users,[2] and exploits the poor usability of current web security technologies.

*fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual.

Eat that with a side of shhhh...thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.