• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A sad loss

• Thread starter Sally Buttons
  • Start date
  • Watchers 5
S

Sally Buttons

I heard some really sad news today about one of our friends. Leslie Galloway, aka the player of Duchess Isolde of Trinsic, wife of Ikus, lost her fight with cancer and passed away on July 20th. So devastated to read this, as I had only just managed to get back in touch with her in April and she sounded really positive that her chemo and other treatment would sort out the illness and get her back on her feet again, but it seems that we didn't realise how ill she really was.
Leslie was a lovely person, although I never met her in rl at any meets due to her living so far away, her sense of humour, kindness and general niceness shone through. She was a great person to rp with as well, abd could always calm a situation with diplomacy and humour.
Her husband wants to keep her page going and to let her UO friends know of her deathing, so if anyone needs it, she's on Facebook as Mike-Leslie Galloway so people can leave a message for her family.
RIP Leslie xxxxxxx

Escaflowne

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is very sad news indeed, i had the great pleasure of roleplaying with Isolde on countless occassions, she was such a lovely player. My heart goes out to Ikus who is such a great guy.

Adol

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I knew her only briefly, having met a few times during EM events; but even in passing the name Isolde had stayed with me, due to the obvious quality of mind behind the character. It's a terrible shame then to hear of her passing... My condolences to her family and to all who are left bereaved by the loss.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I never had the pleasure of meeting her, I am saddened by this news and wish the best to the friends and familiy left behind. My sincere condolances to everyone involved, may you find the strength to get through this difficult time.

callum_fitzhugh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sad news. A great loss. A truly great player who I had the pleasure to role play with back in the day. My condolences to her family.

Hartley Hare

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Very sad to hear. My thoughts and prayers are with her family and friends.

Thanks Sally for letting us know.

-------

Hartley Hare - Max

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I never knew the lady, but my heart felt condolences go to the family. My wife has struggled with Cancer, but she is one of the lucky ones, who have come out the other side alive and recovering.

El of LA

Babbling Loonie
Reporter
Professional
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Thanks Sally for posting this. I didn't know the Lady Isolde but her reputation and fame were widely known. My condolences to her family and friends, and to the members of the shard who will most certainly feel her loss.

PwnySlaystation

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Never knew her, but it's never nice to hear such sad news. My thoughts are with family and friends.

RIP