• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Sad Day

RainStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today is the last day for SWG and I will miss the game very much.

I chose not to participate in the final events because I didn't want my memories to include the day it blew up.

Farewell to a great game!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I'm sorry, Rainstar. :(

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look on the bright side, StarWars TOR has gone live, and its fantastic.

M

Monkeybear

I know what it's like to lose a game you have loved for years.. now come join us in The Old Republic!

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A question to the people who have played both: How do they compare?

Vince

Journeyman
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
They are entirely different.

SWG allowed you alot of different freedoms, one of which was to own and decorate your own house, ship and character. You could build a reputation as a crafter, and it had one of the most intricate crafting minigames in the industry but this was also a drawback as it could become timeconsuming and bothersome to craft large quantities of goods. The high end group action in SWG was not allways easy to get into as you could be discouraged by the perceived entry level requirements for stuff like PVP or high-end group PVE.

Most of those requirements was set up by other players though, and did not allways reflect reality (for example, I've had fun in mass PVP as an Officer without any kind of armor). The entry level requirements were usually set up by players that werent very experienced, to keep them from realizing that the reason they had been defeated was due to their own inexperience or failures. Alot of the game play routines was set up as an MMO, meaning you would need help from other people on occasion.

SWTOR has easier accessability for alot of the activities, but less customizability. As a result, you'll be able to log on and dive right into some action.

Winker

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its Chalk and Cheese, as Vince says its not so much of a sandbox as i would like, but its a start. HutBall is just fantasic. Its been well thought out, its questing system is great (and i hate doing quests). You get a Space ship insted of a house. PvP, is costless, if you die you res up and dont lose anything loot or cash wise.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
People want simple, quick, fast, easy. It's too bad that the good games go away and get replaced by less fun, less strategic games. I just couldn't get into SWTOR, on the other hand, I liked SWG quite a bit!

Dodger

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Please do not post sad days here, just happy ones. We have enough sad days in rl. Be upbeat is what Petra says......hooray for everything now gimme a freaking car Oprah.