• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A request from Leandra's daughter ...

• Thread starter T_Amon_from_work
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
T

T_Amon_from_work

a few of you were in contact with Carolyn (Leandra) ... this is an email I got from her daughter that I was asked to help with ...

===

Hi, my name is Susan Ruiz, I’m writing on behalf of my mom, Carolyn Grismore. For some you already know this news, for others your don’t. On June 28th, 2008 my mom passed away from liver cancer.

I’m sorry it’s taken me so long to put the news out but I’ve been having to deal with this on my own and it’s been hard. She went peacefully in her sleep, holding her sisters hand. From the day of diagnosis to the day we left her was exactly 3 months to the day. She went through Chemo but it didn’t work.

Her memorial service is on August 10th. I want to say that Hospice paid a big role in her going peacefully. Her best friend Joan, who some of you probably know said there are people who want to send flowers or card, if you so feel inclined, our address is:

<address deleted by me>

We, (mom and I) would appreciate donations to Hospice in lui of flowers as they were a huge part of her peaceful passage. I know I don’t know most of you but know some of you. I will keep monitoring mom’s email over the next month or so. I know mom had a big impact on some lives. Before August 10th, if anyone who has stories they would like to share about my mom, please send them to <email deleted by me> (my email address) and I will make sure they are read and shared with the family….the more the better.

If you have question please contact the above address. I apologize that it took so long for this notice, but as her daughter, I’ve had to deal with losing the most important person in my life.

Please remember, she loved all her friends, she held you very closely to her heart. If you are so inclined, please say a prayer for her and the goodness she showed to everyone that touched her.

<sig, address, email deleted by me>

Ps…if there is a charity you are totally passionate about, please donate to it in my mom’s name, otherwise if you can donate to a Hospice in your area that can help someone else…please do, without them I couldn’t have dealt with this tremendous loss.

Thank you and know, Carolyn love you all!

====
So here's the deal ... I know of several of you who corresponded with Leandra fairly regular. PM me and I will supply the info that I deleted (fillin the blanks??) if you would like to contribute. Susan is building a memorial book of different things we write up.

Thanks!

T

Trillian

I have a large envelope with many cards and notes I've already recieved for Carolyn's family. There are 3 more I'm waiting on before I close it up and send it on to Susan. Just wanted to make sure that those who've already sent correspondance know what's going on.