• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Quiver!

R

Redrum1

My wife bought my archer a quiver the other day and I need to know if it is a legal or illegal quiver. Instead of holding 50 stones it holds 400. I can put a few thousand arrows or bolts in it instead of a few hundred. I love the idea but I need to know if it was a bug. Any help is appreciated!

C

Connor_Graham

It is definitely not legal. If found with one by a GM you will get whisked off to jail and receive a mark on your account. To avoid this, do as I did, and page a GM explaining that you have a "bugged quiver" showing 400 stones, and you would like to get it fixed to avoid action on your account. I did this myself (I had 8 of the things) and the GM that came changed them all back to the original state with no action against my account since I was the one that initiated the fix on them. When one does show up and fixes it, you might have to close your backpack then reopen it for the fix to appear. None of the ones the GM fixed for me showed as fixed until I did this.

P

Pothoz

I rememberd having a quiver like this on my RP character..

Was a regular quiver of blight i think, but when i placed 500 bolts in it.. logged off and logged in later it was about 1k of bolts.. Saying 1000/500 "ammo"

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if i had one i would use it, just dont put it on your back.

it may be a bug or it may not be. not my problem this game is full of bugs.

suppose one day they will have a patch and it will be fixed.

C

Connor_Graham

"if i had one i would use it, just dont put it on your back."

I have a friend that had one in his pack, not knowing that these were deemed illegal, and had his pack looked into while at Luna bank by a GM that happened to be there.

He was promptly whisked off to jail, had a mark put on his account for possessing an illegal item, and the GM changed the quiver.

G

I was trying to get hold of a GM to fix my quivers (yea I have 2) for few weeks. No one showed. Everytime when I sent a message, I got a response back immediately asking me to keep an eye on the journal. Now I gave up on sending message to GM. goodluck finding a GM.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Im on LS shard and GMs I dont think even exist anymore I had some issues with some items in my house and called for a gm this was during the day at begining of the week said i was 14 in cue after an hour or so I was 13 in cue and I had to run to pic up my kids so left it run and got side tracked and ended up coming back 7 or 8 hours later and was number 1 in the cue (due to other people giving up I believe ) so then played for another 2 hours and spot in cue never changed I have tried a couple times after that and never have seen a gm
Snowdog

C

Connor_Graham

I think the longest I've ever waited for a GM was 2 hours. When I paged for the quiver one showed up in about 30 minutes, maybe less.

R

Redrum1

Thanks for the posts everyone. Now I know(wish I had not asked)(LOL)

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok so just to be safe i paged a gm, said i have bought a quiver that holds more then its max and i need it fixed..
got a link to a webpage that says to fill in a bug report.. guess it doesnt matter much.. heh.

anyway i paid for it, im going to use it. ill just try not to put in more then the max