• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Question

G

Hello I am currently working on a Mage/Tamer and never really paid attention to what skills I raised until lately. I was wondering, what skills are needed to be raised and which ones should not be raised?

Thanks

I

imported_Sarphus

the classic mage/tamer is 6x 120
Mage
Med
Eval
Taming
Lore
Vet

There are several other viable mage/tamer builds, though.

I

imported_Spiritless

It depends on your definition of a mage/tamer, really, and how you're looking to do your damage. If you're looking to use magery to supplement the damage that your pets are doing, you should be looking at the following skills:

Animal Taming
Animal Lore
Veterinary
Magery
Meditation
Evaluating Intelligence

Taming, Lore and Vet are your staple taming skills. Magery for casting, Meditation for your mana regeneration and Evaluating Intelligence for increasing your spell power.

I

imported_kinney42

I like the Bard/Tamer combo personally.
Taming - 100
Animal Lore - 110
Vet - 100
Magery - 50 (wear jewels/items to bring higher if you want)
Music - 120
Peace - 120
Discordance - 120
Who needs spell power when you can make the target 1 third weaker and not attack!

I

imported_Spiritless

That's the template I personally have on a character, except I'm using jewellery to raise my taming higher. It is very effective.

I'm unsure about the use of peacemaking, however. I have 120 peace and rarely use it; just discord and kill. Sometimes I use it for mob control in crowded areas. I sometimes question whether or not it is worth retaining on my template personally, but I'd be unsure of what to replace it with.

I guess this depends on where you hunt as well.

F

frodofeet

Going for 6x120, while effective, can be very expensive (if like me you don't do champ spawns and have to buy your scrolls
)

A cheaper, but still very effective, Mage/Tamer option would be:

Taming - 110
Lore - 100
Vet - 100
Magery -110
Eval - 100
Resist - 100
Med - 100

Some would drop resist and go for Spellweaving, or if you want both Resist & SW you could drop Med and compensate with MR/LMC items:

A really powerful PvM template, incorporating Tamer/Mage/Bard would be:

Taming - 110
Lore - 100
Vet - 100
Music - 110
Provo/Disc/Peace - 100 (All have their uses, choose which suits you)
Eval - 100
Magery - 100