• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A question for people opposed to removing insurance from fel

S

ShadowJack

If your style of play works

then where are the players and the people who would play this game enough to make it competitive enough to make EA give a crap about it?

Or are you playing a game always meant to be at the bottom of the list, without enough people to even fill up it's landmass?

Diversity is what this game needs, with insurance the game is an item based game all around. By putting people to SP then you are only pushing that style of play to the background where it will eventually die, and the subscribers with it.

Look at how much land, how many skills, and how many items are in this game now.

There is enough room to support enough playstyles to compete with 10 other mmorpgs.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Removing insurance for fel would be kind of buggy and annoying. You go from Tram to Fel, what would happen? All would be uninsured. Go back to tram, have to insure everything again. Doesn't sound too annoying, but after time it could create potential bugs and exploits probably, etc.

Instead of just removing insurance, I would simply suggest limit insurance to X amount of items. Probably to the number of items you can fit on your paper-doll or something.

the 4th man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
"then where are the players and the people who would play this game enough to make it competitive enough to make EA give a crap about it?"
-what am I psychic??

Or are you playing a game always meant to be at the bottom of the list, without enough people to even fill up it's landmass?"
-that's just an opinion, back it up with at least 3 forms of proof.

UO has been on it's dearh bed for 10 years, or so they cry....:bdh:

later

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think that N number of people believe that removing Insurance from Felucca will prevent N number of Trammel People from comming to Felucca.

If they are correct, they then reason that the N number of Trammel People NOT going to Felucca will be seen as a LOSE scenario for Felucca and by association PvP.

I am assuming you believe they are quite wrong.

If my assumption is correct, then why are you believing this?

I am fairly certain that some percentage of the Trammel Players are or would have been, the Townies of Original UO. If that is correct then I feel equally certain those people will NOT entertain the notion of "Dressing Down" for the occasion (to go to Felucca).

UO has been on it's dearh bed for 10 years, or so they cry....:bdh:
And that is a 100% solid truth. It is rather amazing how often the Death of UO is said to be the imperative for change to UO. Even though there is only one incident were this is probably more true than not. That incident was the Creation of The Trammel Rule Set. It slowed the hemorrhaging of accounts to EverQuest.

R

Righteous

If your style of play works

then where are the players and the people who would play this game enough to make it competitive enough to make EA give a crap about it?

Or are you playing a game always meant to be at the bottom of the list, without enough people to even fill up it's landmass?

Diversity is what this game needs, with insurance the game is an item based game all around. By putting people to SP then you are only pushing that style of play to the background where it will eventually die, and the subscribers with it.

Look at how much land, how many skills, and how many items are in this game now.

There is enough room to support enough playstyles to compete with 10 other mmorpgs.
You are asking for a simple answer to a complex question but I will give it a shot. I would say that the problem with UO is its age.

There is rarely something so new and exciting to drag in new players but plenty of changes that will **** somebody off enough for them to quit and go to the new mmorpg that is out there that hasnt disappointed them yet.

I know that wasnt the answer you where looking for but you asked the wrong question.

Righteous

S

ShadowJack

I've been playing Uo since 97 newbie.

I've played the other mmorpgs they sucks in my opinion

There were goods and bads of the way things were, but the changes have gotten rid of both. There is room for all styles of play in this game, instead of it mocking other games, which it has done because of player feedback

but like I said, fel is mostly unused, why not bring it back for the old school UO people who quit and didn't want to be pushed out to siege

the skills and items have changed enough to where you don't even know what a thief is capable of. Fel is a joke compared to how dangerous it used to be (and this is a fact)

We took people into the game and listened to thier suggestions just to get pushed out, it's up to this generation to bring us back in. Like I said, UO is about the players, and everyone against the change is probably playing right now

Playing a game that doesn't make the money of the other mmorpgs, go research it without me doing all the work for you, you'll find it's true.

Instead of pushing out either playstyles, I'm just suggesting a change that uses fel to use all of them. Thief included.

With all of the new stuff since AOS no one even knows what a thief could do, I'm sure adjustments would be needed for either side

more than 80% of fel is unused, and I don't understand why you don't get that.

There is room for the old style players, room for us to adjust to the new stuff, and room for you to adjust to some old stuff. It doesn't even have to touch trammel.

You are like 1000 people trying to hold on to all of america when it would be in your better interest to share, even at a small loss to yourselves.

The increased revenue that it would bring would balance out the few people that just up and quit over fel being changed. Tram is the main player base now.

It might not work out, but at this point, instead of going crazy with expansions and new skills and races, why not try making fel a mix of old UO and new Uo

if it didn't work a year or so later then have an event where trammel just raids fel and takes it back.

It's worth a shot though. Nothing in this game is or should be forever without even going into gold and items.

It's time for a change that will appeal to people beyond your own narrow vision and likes of game play. And hopefully it'll bring back the people who pre Aos thought this was the best game ever.

I'm asking you to consider us, and work the game for us to play as well. There are measures and balances to fit all playstyles in this game

the more playstyles there are (and yes the thief/oldschool uo person are part of it) the more people will play and the more money the game will make. leading to better service, more interaction and more players.

The more support staff you will get, the more items and the more expansions you will get.

It works all around as an idea, because it doesn't limit the game to one mindset or playstyle

At one point, the thief forum used to be the most popular forum on stratics, if you don't believe me, you weren't looking

where are those players now?

gone. lost money, lost interaction and friends, just gone, because you're too narrow minded to share the game with everyone. It's big enough for everyone. If you don't agree, then go log in, and run around fel, hit up every town and every dungeon and come back and report how many people you see.

R

Righteous

I've been playing Uo since 97 newbie.

I've played the other mmorpgs they sucks in my opinion

There were goods and bads of the way things were, but the changes have gotten rid of both. There is room for all styles of play in this game, instead of it mocking other games, which it has done because of player feedback

but like I said, fel is mostly unused, why not bring it back for the old school UO people who quit and didn't want to be pushed out to siege

the skills and items have changed enough to where you don't even know what a thief is capable of. Fel is a joke compared to how dangerous it used to be (and this is a fact)

We took people into the game and listened to thier suggestions just to get pushed out, it's up to this generation to bring us back in. Like I said, UO is about the players, and everyone against the change is probably playing right now

Playing a game that doesn't make the money of the other mmorpgs, go research it without me doing all the work for you, you'll find it's true.

Instead of pushing out either playstyles, I'm just suggesting a change that uses fel to use all of them. Thief included.

With all of the new stuff since AOS no one even knows what a thief could do, I'm sure adjustments would be needed for either side

more than 80% of fel is unused, and I don't understand why you don't get that.

There is room for the old style players, room for us to adjust to the new stuff, and room for you to adjust to some old stuff. It doesn't even have to touch trammel.

You are like 1000 people trying to hold on to all of america when it would be in your better interest to share, even at a small loss to yourselves.

The increased revenue that it would bring would balance out the few people that just up and quit over fel being changed. Tram is the main player base now.

It might not work out, but at this point, instead of going crazy with expansions and new skills and races, why not try making fel a mix of old UO and new Uo

if it didn't work a year or so later then have an event where trammel just raids fel and takes it back.

It's worth a shot though. Nothing in this game is or should be forever without even going into gold and items.

It's time for a change that will appeal to people beyond your own narrow vision and likes of game play. And hopefully it'll bring back the people who pre Aos thought this was the best game ever.

I'm asking you to consider us, and work the game for us to play as well. There are measures and balances to fit all playstyles in this game

the more playstyles there are (and yes the thief/oldschool uo person are part of it) the more people will play and the more money the game will make. leading to better service, more interaction and more players.

The more support staff you will get, the more items and the more expansions you will get.

It works all around as an idea, because it doesn't limit the game to one mindset or playstyle

At one point, the thief forum used to be the most popular forum on stratics, if you don't believe me, you weren't looking

where are those players now?

gone. lost money, lost interaction and friends, just gone, because you're too narrow minded to share the game with everyone. It's big enough for everyone. If you don't agree, then go log in, and run around fel, hit up every town and every dungeon and come back and report how many people you see.
I have stated this before and I will state it again. If you want to make changes to PvP to bring back the old days of griefers and PKers then remove the insentive for the carebears to want to go there. Move Power Scrolls to Trammel and remove double rewards.

Or go play siege where the rules you want are already enforced.

Righteous

S

ShadowJack

ok then reenforce your statement

if you don't want the change instead of trying to say no or say go to SP (going to Sp isn't even part of the discussion)

tell what you do in fel, that you really really enjoy. What about it makes the game your favorite thing to play? What do you do when you log in, do you have friends? Do you pvp?
Do you have safe resource gathering because it's dead? Or own a powerscroll spawn? Factions? Factions can have insurance, don't care, don't care about guardzones, they can have no stealing or pks at all for I care. reds have bucs den when it all comes down to it.

Share your experience so that I can better understand what's so good about it. Win me to your side.

K

Kith Kanan

I enjoy everything in Fel that does not incl loosing my items to griefers :)

Now if u dont like insurence go to siege !!!!!!!!!!!!!!