• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A question about placing a stone oven

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I placed the classic Villa home and wanted to put a south facing stone oven in the NW corner on the first floor. It keeps getting blocked and I am getting the message "The targeted location has at least one impassible tile adjacent to the structure. Construction aborted. Please try again." I have no such trouble placing with the Hearth of the Home Fire in the same place, so I don't understand why I can't place the oven where the Hearth easily fits. Any tips on what I can do?

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
A stone oven cannot be placed where there is a roof tile above it, hearth of the home fire does not have this restriction.

Kayhynn

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
^^ This is what I've determined as well.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
A stone oven cannot be placed where there is a roof tile above it, hearth of the home fire does not have this restriction.
But I was able to place the stone oven in the NW corner of the second floor. If I am understanding what you are saying, this shouldn't be able to happen, yeah?

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It also depends on how close the roof tile is to the oven. If it is a slanted roof then the tile may have been high enough to allow placement. However, when trying to place on the first floor of a multilevel the floor tiles of the second floor will always be too close to the oven to allow placement. You have to leave out those two floor tiles when customizing your house to allow for placement of the oven. Since you used a classic style home you cannot customize it and must find a place inside which allows for placement of the oven, such as the second floor spot you described.

Dag Nabbit

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the info. It's too bad I can't place the oven on the first floor though. :(

Tomarke

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOOven.jpg

This was how I incorporated it into my house design. Notice I left the roof tiles out and put a border around the hole to give it the appearance of a short or possibly collapsed chimney.