• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A question about Atlantic

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Like I posted before I'm building a toon there. Randomly once or twice a night I just get an out of sync error and get booted. Apparently out of the blue. This *never* happens to me on Legends. Is this normal here? lol Are you folks just use to it? I've heard some people talk about it in chat. I would think this would get pretty annoying to say the least. Oh I've only noticed this in dungeons.

Haidon

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Personally, I have *never* experienced this problem. I play on Atlantic and several other shards in dungeons and out. Only problem I have is nasty lag on the Asian shards.

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Personally, I have *never* experienced this problem. I play on Atlantic and several other shards in dungeons and out. Only problem I have is nasty lag on the Asian shards.
I'm stuck using a Comcast router and I doubt they're gaming quality ;) So that could be a factor.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Happens to me on Legends a bit, and Atlantic. I can recall somewhere, and when I land, I am stuck. Can't move, can't speak, can't anything at all. Yet ironically enough, general chat just keeps right on going, I can see it all, and people coming and going, I'm just there and squelched and frozen... Will sit like that for a while, then time out. Whether I wait or whether I log out, either way, when I try to log back in I get that syncro message and have to completely restart the client.

Lore

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Not enough details... what client? I use Comcast and a personal router. You're probably paying to rent that router btw. They pay for themselves if you buy one. I use EC and I increased my memory cache and I don't experience crashes too often. I mean I think everyone crashes occasionally...

Morgana Grim

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes it does happen from time to time on Atlantic. I have mediacom now and that's probably why. That's what I'm going to blame it on publicly anyway without getting into an "unallowed" conversation here. hehehe
I just take note of where and when then adjust accordingly.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm stuck using a Comcast router and I doubt they're gaming quality ;) So that could be a factor.
Ive got Comcast and love it! At one point I had an issue with dropped net but that was because a squirrel decided to make a nest in the open box and I guess every time he went home he moved stuff around. A 22 to the head and it stopped!

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Oh I've had it a year or so. Got flashy lights on it. That one :p I wired it direct. Wifi is for tablets and phones ;) I haven't had any issues for a couple days now though.
They're supposed to "offer" you an "upgrade" every 2 years or so, though you might be able to upgrade sooner if your area recently got their new gigabit service.

Never hurts to tighten the cable connections and power cycle it either...

Capt. Lucky

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
They're supposed to "offer" you an "upgrade" every 2 years or so, though you might be able to upgrade sooner if your area recently got their new gigabit service.

Never hurts to tighten the cable connections and power cycle it either...
They upgrade me when I want it. I've found calling them 4 times a week they get sick of it ;) Better yet they've got an office about a half mile from me. Just walk in there with it in your hand and act like a loud nut bag and they'll give you a better one to get rid of you :p If it's a TV box I always keep the remote too lol. Comcast annoys me with their monthly price that seems go up 75 cents every month for no apparent reason so it's all about the payback ;)