• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A public service announcement

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It has come to my attention that someone has been using the name Stinky Pete to scam players on Atlantic and Catskills. Please be aware that this is an imposter. Though I am not totally against this behavior, and also truly flattered that someone would use my name to do this, I am disappointed that they did not come to me first. My biggest fear is that this person will do something that I would not approve of or that their actions will cause blowback that affects my account or my Stratics reputation or heaven forbid they do something nice for someone. So please be advised that I am not currently playing on any shard other than Siege Perilous at this time until this issue is cleared up.

To the scammer:

If you are reading this, please contact me. I am not angry with you and perhaps we could teach each other some things. There are ways for you to create your own brand of evil or for you to help me improve mine without unintentionally dragging my bad name through the mud.

Laura_Gold

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It might not be your name. The other person might have picked it up from Toy Story 2.

(e.g. I've seen dozens of Alucards, and I don't think they're all imitating the first guy to be named that.)

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
It might not be your name. The other person might have picked it up from Toy Story 2.

(e.g. I've seen dozens of Alucards, and I don't think they're all imitating the first guy to be named that.)
Though normally I would agree with you, If they are out there scamming people, they are most likely trying to be me.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
If you're scamming people in a 20 year old game you may need to reflect a bit
One man's scam is another man's perfectly legitimate playstyle. That being said, there are levels that not even I would stoop to. My only issue with this player doing what he is doing is that he didn't run this by me first. I have only seen one report of what this guy is doing and it sounds to me like something that I would certainly condone, but I have no idea what else he may be doing. Also, what if he screws it up and makes me look like a fool? I'm not complaining at all and I give the guy points for creativity. The only purpose of this post is to let people know that the guy doing this on production shards is not me. Believe me, it would be nice having someone on other shards helping to improve my brand while I sleep, I would just like to know who it is and that they are competent to do so.

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
My only issue with this player doing what he is doing is that he didn't run this by me first. I have only seen one report of what this guy is doing and it sounds to me like something that I would certainly condone,
Out of curiosity...are we supposed to run all of our actions by you? I was under the impression that people could name characters whatever they choose (within TOS) and could play how they wish to play (also within TOS) without permission from other players.

Stinky Pete

Babbling Loonie
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Out of curiosity...are we supposed to run all of our actions by you? I was under the impression that people could name characters whatever they choose (within TOS) and could play how they wish to play (also within TOS) without permission from other players.
Nah, y'all can do what you want, but if you get scammed, it wasn't me and I am not involved. I suppose I just wish I was.

Archnight

Legendary Merchant & Rare Collector
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
To the scammer:

If you are reading this, please contact me. I am not angry with you and perhaps we could teach each other some things.
I have only seen one report of what this guy is doing and it sounds to me like something that I would certainly condone
I'm not complaining at all and I give the guy points for creativity.
Believe me, it would be nice having someone on other shards helping to improve my brand while I sleep
I suppose I just wish I was.
upload_2019-7-15_12-14-4.png

Windarian

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Just got this uncontrollable urge to make a stinky Pete character and hand out gold and free pets to people..... Maybe lead a round of kumbaya in general chat....
That sounds like fun. We should have a coordinated "Stinky Pete is a friend to the community" campaign. Create tons of Stinky Pete characters and run around giving away gold and complimenting everyone.

Of course...we'd have to find everyone first. :-(