• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Plea to the Dev Team

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today I went wandering around Legends, something I haven't done in awhile.
I was shocked and dismayed at the emptyness and barreness of the facets.
Malas is just simplely a barren waste land, once where there were many 18x18 houses there is only emptiness. In Trammel more emptiness, more than I've ever seen in SEVEN years of playing UO.

People are leaving like rats from a sinking ship. Its utterly depressing. :(

I lay some of the blame at the feet of the Dev team, instead dealing with cheaters, scripters, dupers and the like, they have chose to ignore the problem. Occasionally they make a "Big Show" of supposedly doing something like blowing up the scripter vendor houses.

I lay 99.9% of the blame at the feet of EAMythic. I'm talking to you EAMythic suits! Are you listening? Do you hear the silence of dying shards? Do you even care? Customer Service has become one BIG JOKE! The rules are meaningless and not enforced. Page a GM for something and all you get is a canned message. Ooooh that's REAL customer service...NOT! My biggest concern is that a minor will be harrassed by some pervert and can not get any help from a GM. Sadly perverts are everywhere on the internet and you would think having this game open to minors there would be steps to insure their safety.

I have to wonder with the closing of the Sims Online if EA is wanting to close UO so as to recycle our servers for use for Warhammer Online? It just looks like in some ways EAMythic wants UO to die. How else can you explain them not even addressing a scripter running three characters on every shard at the same time?

Please Dev Team help us save UO. Tell the suits we want better customer service and in game support! Tell them we'd give up the Stygian Abyss expansion for better customer service and in game support!

There must be something, anything we all can do to save UO.

PLEASE LETS SAVE UO, BEFORE ITS GONE!

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Pretty dramatic really.

Ive already canceled my accounts. The devs can only do so much. They cant just go and ban everyone cause they look like they might be doing or using something illegal.

Face it, some people are better at uo than others...some use scripts, some hack, some scam...

But that stuff goes on in EVERY SINGLE ONLINE GAME...But ya, some sort of enforcement would be nice, but you cant blame the devs and EAmystic for everything...

After all they allow you to play their game on their servers...if you dont like they way they run their ship, jump.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Yep, I've seen a different story on LS as well. Several previously opened house spots near my main cabin have been recently filled, and not by veterans either. These are spots that will support medium sized houses holding classic small 7x7s.

Right after last 5 on Friday, Luna on LS was BUSY for most of the night with people running around scouring vendors.

Legends may be sparse, but LS is doing well.

Jirel of Joiry

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe its only Legends that is dying? I don't know, all I know is what I see. Luna square vendor houses have even dwindled. There are about 10 active vendor houses in Luna square. I can remember when EVERY house in the square had vendors. Where did they go? :(

T

Thrand Graywolf

I see real noobs all the time in Haven on LS. I have no idea where they hear about UO to try it, some are returning after being gone for many years and others are really so new they don't even know how to talk yet.

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Legends is dieing, and the Luna vendors? about 7 of those houses are owned by one person and only one of the 7 is open to host vendors. Other shards are awesome and have awesome friendly people. Legends is 4 or 5 tight cliques of people, and unless you make it in with one of them.. your kinda sol in a lot of ways... thus so many transfering off that shard. Most of the vets I have spoke to want the shard to be small and tight like the old days.. They are getting their wish.

Desperado_SE

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Galen and Dermott...you can always find several people hanging around in different places at all hours of the day and night on LS.