• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A newbies view of pvp

C

Calibretto

I was gonna come here and pancake about pvp and hide stealth. But I deleted it all. I didn't wanna cry. What got to me today is not being given dirtnaps by KOC, not getting dismounted and all killed by some tamer. I'm used to that by now. What set me over the edge is when trix accepted a duel with me then all he did was run away when he got low. i figured 1 vs 1 we could throw down. Winner would res the loser, and we'd go on with our day. But this [censored] just chug chug run off screen. And what is this with all the hidden people? I run thru Mag and it's like a damn pinball machine bouncing off hidden people. Yet I see no one till I'm low on health.

I will send props out to a few people thou, and I'm proud to play the game with you. Whyrm= I never expected such honor and respect from you. Our duel made me nervous with so many KOC around. Yet you all treated me with honor.
Your a damn good mage, to bad I must clense all reds from the SHARD!!!
Tide= You were my first lighting strike lesson, thanks for giving me a fair duel. (And a dirt nap)
Mas and all of BORG=. You guys are the bomb. Thanks for all the duels and death robes.
Toby and the Nasty bunch.= [censored] you too.

Why should you all care? You shouldn't i guess. I am the new blood in siege thou and these are just my views.

S

Sergul'zan_SP

Welcome to Siege. Don't let things like this upset you, they happen all the time.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Umm!
Is this what you wanted to post?whoops didn'tmean to coppy the picture

G

Calibretto !! Hmpf.. Such a dangerous blue...
How art thee ?
I havent been able to play for about two weeks because of some problems with my UOA. My computer is being formatted today so I expect Ill be back soon !

You better be prepared, for when I return, you shalst be purified ! :}{

The reds will prevail, milord. You should use thine talents to help our race... BECOME RED and join us !!!!!! Or suffer the consequences.,,. Muwhahahah

I

imported_mo'gluk

sorry fang afce himz will be wit meeb agh da boyz.....

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what the hell is up with ur connection, and wyrm i saw a movie last night uhh kingdom of heaven or whatever. there was a part in it that reminded me of you.... something along the lines of if you kill an infidel its not considered murder in gods eyes muahahahh

C

Calibretto

<blockquote><hr>

Welcome to Siege. Don't let things like this upset you, they happen all the time.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not upset

Disappointed.

C

Calibretto

I follow the knight's code.

Started by KSS and now carried on by GIL.

Therefore your path is not mine. It will however be an honor to trade spells with you on the battlefield.

P

pikon198

Yaharr, ah' finally met the calliber in luna today. Twas a nice meet. hope to see you on the fields matey, yee look like an honorable opponent.

A

Alex the Gray

I tried to pvp a while back. My connection is so slow people can just run away from me, so I would challenge them, "duel for a count"? cuz I was trying to go red. I would tell them "i wont loot"- I never asked them for the same courtesy.
Yet, they just ran away. If their health points got low- they were GONE!
Under the circumstances- no looting and just dueling for a count- you would think they would have stayed. i just dont understand it....

M

Masumatek

<blockquote><hr>

I tried to pvp a while back. My connection is so slow people can just run away from me, so I would challenge them, "duel for a count"? cuz I was trying to go red. I would tell them "i wont loot"- I never asked them for the same courtesy.
Under the circumstances- no looting and just dueling for a count- you would think they would have stayed. i just dont understand it....

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no honor in PvP anymore. 99.99%....and no, I really do NOT think that is exaggeration.....99.99% of PvPers have got it in their head that winning is the only thing that matters. They are followers of this bs idea of "playing to win." Win at all costs. Screw a good fight. Screw honor. If there's a chance you're gonna die, high tail it out of there. Gank. Abuse whatever you can, whether it be something as simple as an overpowered template flavor of the month and things such as pets, to other crap like exploiting and cheating, in order to guarantee that win. If you can't win the fight, call in the gank. If there is no gank, run away or don't fight. Honor is obsolete. Losing is horrible. Winning is the only thing that matters.

P

pikon198

ah thats not true, ive died to you masa and you've died to me too, we both did our fare share of running from each other but it wasnt like running far far away. We stayed within a nice area of play. I think there are honorable pvpers still left i havent given up hope. To say 99.99% is dishonorable is quite alot that means basically about half a pixel char is honorable in a fight, cause god knows theres prolly only 100 of us here on siege, or atleast it looks that way at times... Anyways i try to honor my opponents with a nice fight. But only those who i know would return the courtesy, worm is honorable and so is borg as well as my old allience, so its wrong to say that many have no honor. Most rpers show honor in the fight, its not about the winning or losing its about enjoying the rp before and after the fight.

I

imported_Goron

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

There is no honor in PvP anymore. 99.99%....and no, I really do NOT think that is exaggeration.....99.99% of PvPers have got it in their head that winning is the only thing that matters. They are followers of this bs idea of "playing to win." Win at all costs. Screw a good fight. Screw honor. If there's a chance you're gonna die, high tail it out of there. Gank. Abuse whatever you can, whether it be something as simple as an overpowered template flavor of the month and things such as pets, to other crap like exploiting and cheating, in order to guarantee that win. If you can't win the fight, call in the gank. If there is no gank, run away or don't fight. Honor is obsolete. Losing is horrible. Winning is the only thing that matters.

[/ QUOTE ]
Soooooo the way you interpret honor is this:
If you try and heal yourself you are not honorable.
If you try and stay out of range as an archer you are not honorable.
If you use a variety of in game mechanics and game skills you are not honorable.
If you cheat, hack, exploit you are not honorable.
If you try and stay alive you are not honorable.
You are only honorable if you stay in one screen, and duke it out until someone is dead without using any player skill?

M

Masumatek

No. So don't put words into my mouth. Nor was my entire post just about honor. It was about the state of PvP in general, and I think honor extends beyond just killing each other.

To comment a little of what you said though, yes, I think doing all this running [censored] is dishonorable. I think refusing to fight or running away unless you have a gank is dishonorable. And yes, of course I think cheating/exploiting/hacking is dishonorable. You don't? And more....

That's just about killing each other though. Honor extends beyond that. Siege players are lacking in both aspects of honor. I think rking is dishonorable (with a few exceptions in certain situations). I think mount killing is dishonorable (with exceptions in certain situations). I think dry looting is dishonorable. And this is all basically a part of griefing as well. I also think [censored] talking is dishonorable. Scamming is dishonorable. And more.

Siege players and I suppose players of MMOs in general are lacking in honor nowadays because 1) They care way too much about winning, and winning at all costs, instead of a good fight. "Play to win" bs. &amp; 2) They are poor quality people, who like to be griefers and aholes.

Any other questions?

I

imported_Goron

If I didnt use my bandaids, or step off screen for them to kick in, I'd die in two spells. is that a good fight? would you take pleasure knowing that I stayed around and didn't heal up? would that make you feel warm and fuzzy, knowing that you did a great job killing me with two spells because I was 'honorable' and stayed on your screen?

So I ask this of you, for you to stay honorable, can you time your attacks against me to allow me enough time to finish applying a bandage between each oe please? That way I can have a 'good fight'...

Oh, and when I come with a mage, can you be sure to not interrupt my spells then please, that way I dont need to move away from you to cast? That'd be swell, then we can have a grand ol' fight of joyous glee!
Even better, next time I see you in the field, lets drawn a a line in the sand and promise to never cross it (god forbid one of us forces the other to actually use tactics(player skill) and maneuver!!!), and then draw two X's on the ground for us to stand on, and then drop all of our potions and bandies on the floor (again, god forbid we time the use of our in game items by utilizing tactics(player skill)), and then we can shoot spells or pluck arrows or throw rocks or shout at each other all you want! Yeah! fun! honor! yay!

I wish this game had perma death - it would silence all you silly people that think lotting and trying to stay alive is 'dishonorable' ...

T

Tark_Smash

There are only a few people left on the shard that you can actually fight 1v1, the rest are all backed by a herd of stealthers that you wont see until too late. I used to love 1v1 (honorable) fights, but it is just not possible now with the stealther ganks. The only way that you can get a 1v1 is if you can kill them in one or two hits as soon as you see them, otherwise you are facing at least 3+ more people.

J

Jakylpops

<blockquote><hr>

There are only a few people left on the shard that you can actually fight 1v1, the rest are all backed by a herd of stealthers that you wont see until too late. I used to love 1v1 (honorable) fights, but it is just not possible now with the stealther ganks. The only way that you can get a 1v1 is if you can kill them in one or two hits as soon as you see them, otherwise you are facing at least 3+ more people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny...the only stealther ganks I've seen lately were performed by TnA.

I

imported_Goron

of the 'big10' guilds, JSV has the highest percentage of stealthers.
uo.com reports JSV as having &gt;60 avg hide skill, higher than any other guild (stealth is reported as avg = 0, for some messed up reason).

JSV is also the only guild I know of that does stealth ganks where 1 second u r alone, the next there are 5 stealthers hooting at you.
TnA's ganks always involve non-stealthers since a large number of the alliance are not stealth (me for example).

P

pikon198

Hey if your looking for an honorable fight pm me or icq me 407 321 101, im always down for an honorable 1 vs 1. I can't promise to stay in one spot but once my healing is done i'll charge right back at ya *winks*

Masa, everyone runs when they are low on health, i've ran after you a few times before when you were trying your mage/necro temp. A warrior cant exactly stand still while you cast one debuff after another and then do a explo/fs combo thats just insta kill and foolish. Everytime i laid down a lethal poison on you you ran to try and cast cure or chug a cure pot. personally i think standing in one spot while a mage runs circles around you casting debuffs is real real stupid. cause once the debuffs are done everyone knows an explo/fs combo is coming into play perhaps even a strangle to top it off before the initial combo. AND Mages and necro spells never miss so its not like we warriors can stand around and hope the spell fizzles cause it never does. standing in one spot is no good mate. I have to disagree with you here.

Everyone runs its part of the fun, the chasing em down and killing them is the best, because if you can kill em on the run you know your doing a good job with your tactics and killing combos, even if its simple combos! I personally have a strong hatred for mages, they are quite overpowering. Mix a mage temp with anything and its super strong, especially necro mages. corpse skin strangle explo fs = insta kill. And if that mage runs 45% dci well a warrior with no bushido is gonna have a hella hard ass time trying to hit those mofos, all you will see is miss miss miss miss miss hit miss miss miss miss at 120 wep skill!!! god i wish they did away with every jewel in the game so no fc/fcr no spell dmg inc no hci dci and all that crapola. With all these crappy factors coming into play it would make toe to toe fighting impossible. its just not possible to say running away and healing is dishonorable, when everyone including you do it on the field!!

I

imported_Death of Hemp

It may be that people are suspect because they don't know you well enough yet.

Lemme explain...on numerous occasions I have accepted a duel challenge, and gotten ganked as soon as I dismounted to fight or started winning the duel. One time, I accepted a duel, they (will remain nameless) accessed me to a house with a duel pit and as soon as I dismounted to fight, an entire group popped out of hiding and killed me....then they unaccessed me to the house and dry looted.

Point is that anyone who has had these experiences might worry that you won't keep your word about not looting and therefore they run when low on health. Just consider this a victory and keep on keepin on. It seems you are already building an honorable reputation and in a short time....the honorable people of this shard will know they can take you at your word. Just remember there are always exceptions.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It may be that people are suspect because they don't know you well enough yet.

Lemme explain...on numerous occasions I have accepted a duel challenge, and gotten ganked as soon as I dismounted to fight or started winning the duel. One time, I accepted a duel, they (will remain nameless) accessed me to a house with a duel pit and as soon as I dismounted to fight, an entire group popped out of hiding and killed me....then they unaccessed me to the house and dry looted.

Point is that anyone who has had these experiences might worry that you won't keep your word about not looting and therefore they run when low on health. Just consider this a victory and keep on keepin on. It seems you are already building an honorable reputation and in a short time....the honorable people of this shard will know they can take you at your word. Just remember there are always exceptions.

[/ QUOTE ]

QFT

M

Masumatek

I ran from you as in I didn't stand still, but that's different than running off screen. This is ok in a gank mind you, but 1v1 fighting it is unacceptable to run off green imo.. And I'm not denying that I'm guilty of this sometimes as well, but I disagree with it, and I try to remember to stay on screen during 1v1 fights. Run all you want, but not off screen.

There's very few good excuses for running off screen 1v1 imo. I of course don't consider pet fights 1v1s anyway, so that's a whole different situation.

If you're an archer, you do the archer dance so meleers and mages with disarm/harm spam don't hit you. The "archer dance" is not running away. It is putting distance between you and the foe, running in circles until your delay expires, and then standing still for that .75 seconds, fire, and repeat. Tis the same with casters dancing around casting spells instead of standing still versus a meleer, or a meleer moving out of range from harm spam. But again, running off screen is stupid and I think it's something we all need to work on, including you and I, in 1v1 fights. It really makes the fight not fun at all. And it is a very dishonorable action.

If you're meleer and I'm a mage you're suppose to chase me around bashing at me, not run away from me when you're low on health...you continue hitting me to disrupt me so you don't die, not run:(. As far as the few exceptions where it might be OK to run off screen, well disarm is probably one of those.

But really, running off screen just because you're low on health is bs and the fight isn't nearly as fun because of it. Sometimes I face people who do nothing but running. Run run run run run. Run run run run. Run a bit more. Until they gain some advantage and can press it. And if they start losing that advantage? Run run run run run. Run run run. Wtf? I'll just leave the fight. It's simply not fun.

People need to quit working on their "skills" of surviving through [censored] like running and start working on the real skill, which is the killing, not the running.

P

pikon198

hehe i ran into a red today that did the same thing masa. Not gonna name names but i hit them with poison and they ran until they cured and used SS to heal then they cast blood oath and i stepped back and ran circles until blood oath broke(attacking with blood oath on is just plain ********), as soon as it did i did another poison attack and the [censored] took off again, so i figured screw it this chump is gonna run everytime his hp turns green
so i just walked on over to a corner and hit hide. I waited and lo and behold he runs back fully healed with some other spell precasted... shame shame shame...