• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A new PvP spell

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Silence.

Once cast, it would squelch all speech for a given amount of time. Some formula would need to be devised to allow resistance to the spell. But I do believe this might just be fun to watch the local tamer pvper run around with a gag in his/her mouth.

Just an idea.

On second thought, this would also silence all spells as well. Could be an interesting add on to the current fighting system. Heck, if thrown onto a couple of the spell casting monsters, it could add some fun to the PvM crowd too...la

Beerman72

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually this would help with alot of the rediculous poop talk. Have the prerequisite of the spell be a *swear* used within the last 100 lines of your journal. Auto-targetting would be essential. The effect would increase or decrease, much akin to murder counts. Instead of counts, the duration would increase or decrease dependent on the number of offenses still in the *squelch* query.

ex: 1st offense...one hour squelch...*effect excludes spellcasting words of power.
2nd offense...two hours...*see above*
10th offense without cooldown...perma sqelch...words of power only, limited to guild and party chat system.

R

RavenWinterHawk

Silence.

Once cast, it would squelch all speech for a given amount of time. Some formula would need to be devised to allow resistance to the spell. But I do believe this might just be fun to watch the local tamer pvper run around with a gag in his/her mouth.

Just an idea.

On second thought, this would also silence all spells as well. Could be an interesting add on to the current fighting system. Heck, if thrown onto a couple of the spell casting monsters, it could add some fun to the PvM crowd too...la
Actually, that is a great and unique idea.
However even when paralzyed we can move to pop a trapped box.

I hear foul coming.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm not talking about a long peroid of time. Just a few seconds. You can't take away their weapons for too long. (that refers to mages and tamers)

The time would be formulated with some combination of casters eval and magery vs the other players resist spells (and other things)...I suppose this would be something for those who say resist is useless these days...la

S

Shotgun

Actually this would help with alot of the rediculous poop talk. Have the prerequisite of the spell be a *swear* used within the last 100 lines of your journal. Auto-targetting would be essential. The effect would increase or decrease, much akin to murder counts. Instead of counts, the duration would increase or decrease dependent on the number of offenses still in the *squelch* query.

ex: 1st offense...one hour squelch...*effect excludes spellcasting words of power.
2nd offense...two hours...*see above*
10th offense without cooldown...perma sqelch...words of power only, limited to guild and party chat system.
people have the right to swear if they want to...if you find it offensive just put them on ignore or leave, simple as that

K

K'torr

Actually, that is a great and unique idea.
However even when paralzyed we can move to pop a trapped box.

I hear foul coming.
great and unique idea

Two reasons it will never be used in UO.

Oh wait, would this be considered a troll?