• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A neat FoF idea...

G

Gencore

Since most of the posts i read @ uo hall are rants on how the devs don't answer player questions @ FoFs...

How about this idea:
A FoF Question Thread is created and each player may post his FoF questions on it. The Thread Starter can Sum up all the Questions in his 1st post and make a poll 2 days prior to friday...
Then each stratics user gets to vote on the quesiton he'd like to have answered and the top 5 voted questions are then answered by the devs.
Afterwards those 5 Questions are removed from the question poll and moved to an "answered question" post (this will prevent users from asking the same question again, since they can look up all the answered questions...)

The devs would ofc have to agree to that as well and answer the top 5 questions, so it's kinda 2 sided...

This is an alpha stage idea...please comment and maybe post on how it can be improved,

cheers

G

Good in theory, but in practice it wouldn't work.

Some questions couldnt' be answered, Jeremy would need a lead in of more than 2 days to get the answers and get them approved.

It would be something more like do the list/questions, and submit them a week in advance. Even then, I don't think it would work.

It is a nice idea though.

G

Gencore

i thought it works like this: everyone submits till thursday, Jeremy picks 5 and they are answered and posted on friday...

G

In days gone by there used to be UHOC once a month. Different members of the team would enter an IRC channel here at stratics and posters like you or I could enter the channel. Questions would be submitted to certain stratics members, then the team present would answer them.

Before you say oh thats great--the questions answered were seldom the questions most players asked. Often it seemed as though they were doing the same thing we see with the FoF. Questions out of left field that noone cared about were the ones getting answered.

I remember once being in the channel just before the expansion for AOS, I think, and people were asking questions, it was the most attended UHOC ever. People had been all over the boards expressing thier concerns, it was actually a quite violent time on the boards. The team answered the question of "Will we ever see the flying device that looks like a helicopter on the UO box ever put into the game?" Then abruptly ended the meeting. Nothing on any of the questions of any meat got answered, kind of like our current FoF.

I am not trying to be negative here. I am just pointing out that it is highly unlikely we will ever get anything of value posted from this company if the past is any indication for the future. I know I started a thread about FoF, I did it to be sarcastic and over simplify how useless the FoF is currently. Do I expect change? I have been here for 10 years and have learned that will not happen. Do I expect EA/Mythic to start communicating with their customers? I am afraid not. I have never felt so much like a company having no respect for its customers as I see from EA. I have been backing my feelings with my wallet. I at one time had 28 accounts, when I finally transfer my last account in May as planned EA will have lost me as a customer forever.

G

A great idea but it would fall down because of:

<blockquote><hr>

The devs would ofc have to agree to that as well and answer the top 5 questions, so it's kinda 2 sided...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats the stumbling block. And its not just the devs. The type of questions that would be raised would be for the suits to answer and they like their FoF questions hand picked, uncontrovertial and uninformative. They'd never agree to actually answering the kind of stuff that we'd REALLY like an answer to.

I

imported_athos_uo

This plan is only for people who read Stratics.