• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A "most" Versatile Warrior build that works for most high end Bosses ?

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
One of the issues most often found with the various Warriors' builds, I noticed that they are very much dependent on "what" Boss they are going to fight against....

That is, if a player wants or needs to change their Target Boss often that template needs to be redone... which it can be expensive and time consuming.

My question is, among all of the Warriors' builds (Sampire, Zero Sampire, Modern Sampire, Dragoon, etc. etc.), is there one that stands above the others in where it allows the most flexibility and versatility in fighting if not all, at least most of the high end Bosses out there only adjusting and changing the weapon and, perhaps Talisman/Shield ?

That is, one that would not require an extensive and complicated re-haul of the Template if a different Boss wants to be fought ?

Max Blackoak

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
are you asking for solo or group hunts? Group hunts will let you get away with less than ideal templates and equipment.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
are you asking for solo or group hunts? Group hunts will let you get away with less than ideal templates and equipment.
These days, with less players to be able to hang around with for Group Hunts, I'd say for SOLO...

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
These days, with less players to be able to hang around with for Group Hunts, I'd say for SOLO...
In my opinion (for my play style at least) I'd say a Sampire is going to be the most versatile solo template you will find (although with the pet training these days I might argue tamer templates are just as powerful). The trick is really just getting the right gear which isn't impossible these days given all the legendary items floating around.

My Sampire is a pretty basic build which off the top of my head is 120 swords / 120 tactics / 120 bushido / 115 Resist / 99 necro / 66 Parry / 80 Chiv. There are dozens of threads for Sampire builds so this is a mix that can easily be adjusted here and there (but I find it works well for me). That's the easy part.

The tricky thing is to make sure your stats are aligned so that you have enough HP to take some hits and enough stamina to keep swinging 1.25 but also enough mana to keep your leeches going. That's when it becomes 100% item based. Obviously you are shooting for pieces with high stat increases along with the resists to cap you out. You will also need to use some refinements to bump up your max resists. I'm not able to log into the game now to give exact stats but in addition to my high HP/Stam, my suit has enough SSI from the jewels & cameo (and town buff) that I don't need it on my weapons and same goes for damage increase. This completely frees up 2 mods on my weapons (Double Axe and Bladed Staff). In addition to this I also have several cameo's so I free up a slayer too. By default my weapons will have ML/SL/LL and be 100% elemental; which is my play style because LL is automatic from Vamp form but when I add the LL to the weapon it allows me to gain back (on average) large amounts of HP from hard hits / many hits and due to my suit I'm still able to add 2 more mods to my weapon. This is where you take into consideration what you are fighting... there are tons of possibilities here and this is where you would need to be specific on what you are fighting. If it's a high end boss that hits hard then I might do Lower Attack + Fatigue or Mana Drain but if it's all magic with little melee I might do Lower Defense (I already have mace and shields) + Mana Drain so that I'm ensuring I keep hitting and try to knock out their mana.

I find that I'm able to fight just about anything I want in the game solo (just about all champs / peerless bosses / dark father). I've never tried slasher of veils or roof solo (I think I might be able to though) because I don't like extremely long battles that would take me 30-45min to finish... too much of a grind. The only things I know I can't solo are Exodus Clockwork & the High Seas boss (tainted leech life). Everything else I can solo pretty well. These days I don't even bother changing my template (I used to swap out resist & parry based on what I fought), I just choose a different weapon that is best for whatever I'm fighting.

Hope this helps. Happy Hunting!

North_LS

Journeyman
I've found the sampire to be extremely versatile, but you WILL encounter certain mobs that it just will not work for due to corrupted life force. I run modern sampire with resist instead of anatomy 90% of the time, but keep healing and anatomy on soulstones to swap out necro and resist for for when i want to go after those particular mobs. I get that you dont want to mess with skills, but your only other real options in my opinion are to avoid the bosses with corrupted life or run a less than ideal template for everything else.