• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Message sent to Governor Gryphon By Messenger

Aedon Durreah

Village of Aegis
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking around the room Aedon was pleased with the repair work done to the Tavern. While the fire set by Malekai did only minor damage, Aedon feared it was merely the start of what might be difficult times ahead. The Hand had been mostly absent from Aegis and Yew, but in recent days they had begun to show up once more. Mikael seemed to be sliding back into his old ways, desiring more to intimidate others and thereby solidify his control over Yew.

Aedon had tried to keep them from causing issues within Aegis, but they were growing ever bolder in their moves, and attacks. His request to Mikael to arrest Malekai fell on deaf ears. And really, he did not expect much aid from the so called “protector of Yew.” And while it was true that the Greater Yew area had seen little unrest of late, Aedon knew that it was only a matter of time before the killings, beatings and taxation started anew.

November was just starting, and soon the time would come for elections to start. Yew needed her governor to be there as a presence for stability and justice. He had given thought to running again, and had even set James about the task of running a crooked campaign. It would be fun he thought, and give the citizens cause to laugh. But serious matters called for serious leadership.

Walking through the tunnel to Connemara, Aedon went to his desk and took out a piece of parchment and began to write.

To Gillian Gryphon-Governor of Yew;

Dear Gillian,
While I know that you must be very busy of late dealing not only with issues of your office, but also your children I must request your assistance. For a time after you appointed Mikael protector, there was an uneasy peace in Yew, and life in Aegis returned to some semblance of normalcy. But recently, trouble has begun to creep slowly back into the city and Aegis.

The Hand has once again started to exert itself though in a more subtle way. They seek to intimidate citizens once more, and one has even set fire to the Knights Rest. Wanting to stay within the law, I asked Mikael that he be arrested for this crime. The answer was a simple no.

At the same time a fellow by the name of Penrose has been making threats at many folks both in Yew and areas outside your reach. He claims to be a seeker of knowledge, but his methods of gaining such is often through physical harm. He does not care who he threatens or leans on. It would seem his desires are far more important to him than even the life of another. He is I believe a greater danger to Yew than even Mikael and the Hand.

Yew needs her Governor right now, and I would like to ask that you help me in bringing Malekai to justice for an unprovoked attack on the Rest. There were folks inside at the time, and had I not led them through my tunnel, someone might have been seriously harmed.

If you are able to meet with me and discuss issues sometime soon, please send word as to a time a place.

Respectfully;

Aedon Durreah-Guardian of Aegis and Yew