• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

"A llama saved my life." by Chad Sexington

Chad Sexington

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Llama Festival 2010 - Storytelling 2nd Place Runner-up:

A llama saved my life.
A story of bravery, romance, betrayal, heartbreak, and survival.

by Chad Sexington​

It was a dark and stormy night. *waves hands around mysteriously* The wind was howling and the thunder was cracking. Something was in the air and I should have seen it coming. Why, OH WHY didn’t I see it coming. So there I was having dinner with my wife, Mrs. Sexington. The table was set and the food smelled delicious. Something outside was scratching the window. –But wait! Doesn’t she know that I can’t eat dinner without throwing up if I didn’t have my lucky longsword with me? I ask her to get it from the bedroom for me and she gladly agrees. (She’s so good to me. I don’t deserve her.) I’m alone now and the scratching is getting louder. She returns and we’re ready to eat. –But wait! How am I supposed to eat without my favorite kilt? She gladly goes to the bedroom a second time and again, the scratches keep getting louder. She returns with a bag in her hand and a look of confusion on her face. Again, the scratches get even louder. What could it be? Was it a monster? Werewolf? Pk’s with fabulous neon clothes? The look of confusion now turns into disgust. From confusion to disgust and now anger, she finally speaks, “Is this… WOMAN’S UNDERPANTS!?!?” I jump out of my seat and fling open the front door. I hop onto the noisy llama and ride off into the night. And THAT was the day a llama saved my life.

* * *​

Items: Longsword & Kilt

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am glad u got bumped up dude, yer story was awsome, especially the items u had to work into it. congrats

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome story, way to go on being bumped up! You definitely deserved it!

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Nice to see you writing again. Congratulations. :D

Angel Dust

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tiny can you post your story also please. There where so many entries they all ran together. Would like to make a post of all 3 winners.

Tiny Dancer

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
tiny can you post your story also please. There where so many entries they all ran together. Would like to make a post of all 3 winners.
I will be happy to as soon as I get the video of the event! It was completely random and I didn't have it written down anywhere so I will have to watch the video my guildie made to remember the story!

Should have it very soon :)

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if that was 2nd place, i'd hate to see the ones that were worst
Actually, I thought that was pretty good for the time limit and what he had to work with :)

Certainly got a giggle

O

OchoHoltO

if that was 2nd place, i'd hate to see the ones that were worst
Did you tell a story at the event?

Highly unlikely judging by this comment.

Here are 2 items, you have 30 seconds to think of a story to fit within a 3 minute time limit.

Not even close to as easy as it sounds, especially if you actually come up with the story on the spot. Sure, someone could write a story before hand and make the items pointless so the story would make sense, but that wasn't the idea for the event.