• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A little complex help Please.

5% Luck

105 tame.....120 (15 brace 23 di 14 hci)
110 lore......120 (10/10 lore/vet ring stables)
110 vet.......120 (10/10 lore/vet ring stables)
120 fencing.120
100 tact.....100
66 chiv.......96 (15 jewelry set for resing )
19 mage.....74 (crystalline ring 15 mage ring 15 book 5 tali invisi scroll)
0 necro.......40 (20 midnight 5 bloodwood 15 bracelet 19 di 13 hci wrath curse weapon)
90 ss..........100 (10 bloodwood)

125/10/120 str/int/dex elf suited 120/40/140 hp/mana/stm 70/70/68/62/75
M&S jackals collar (with more b-kits maybe a storm grip)
alternatively

105 tame
110 lore
110 vet
120 fence
100 tact
60 necro (100 vamp)
66 chive
19 magery
30 focus

with the same suit and options as above.

Ive been running in vamp form for healing . The next pub wipes me out. Now im thinking of going wrath and cursing my weapon only on an as needed basis. Since my pets typically tank i think i can pull off the karma.

The magery is for when I enter a paragon room like the blood dungeons balron I will need to pre cast invisi off a scroll walk in and cast to avoid the insta targeting. I then unequipped the mage items and reequip with a macro(uoassist). Pots are untimely and cumbersome.

MY main concern is when I am fighting an AoE caster (Lich lord) or a good runner(a greater dragon) I get hit. If im a wrath I can steal mana enough so the runners dont have mana to cast heal and the AoE casters cant switch targets(no mana for wither)

In vamp form I dont need to worry about leeching as thats always happening and with a runner i can chiv up with a slayer and leech just enough to get by/ AoE caster typically eat me. About 50/50 I can leech through it.

Which is better??

Any suggestions?

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oki, I'll try and help :D

I'd ditch the chiv, magery & focus for necro and SS and instead of casting invis from a scroll, I'd use invis pots or even charged invis items instead. I think with fencing and tactics that template is stretching you a bit thin.

Another option might be to drop tactics so you can keep the chiv and boost up your real necro skill even further. Though I wouldn't personally want to drop that on a fighter tamer ;)

I'd try to get your real taming to 110 so you don't need any taming items out on a hunt which would potentially free up some equipment slots and insurance costs. Or, depending what your top end pets are, you may be fine with 105.

I'm not sure any of that is helpful, but I think you may need to condense some of your skills at least in order to work after the vamp nerf.

Wenchy

5% Luck

Hrmm i was considering dropping the taming and lore anther 5 points for the taming talisman 5/5. It only gave me 10 points to play with and i couldn't say 110 tactics was worth it.

Dropping chiv is a very bad idea thats my damage and so is tactics. well besides my pets LOL Plus what im really hitting at is the HLD. Once that goes off the pets get that bonus too.

The original idea here is to get the best of both worlds.

The damage tuning of a paladin with a slayer

The immense power of the tamer

Combined!!!

99% of the time that bracelet (15 taming) is worn. Almost never does it leave my wrist so upping the taming is well kinda a bad idea too.

DCI would be nice in it place but since I have a greater tanking most times it didnt seem important.

the original template was

105 taming
110 lore
100 vet
100 fencing
100 tactics
100 bushido
68 chiv
37 focus

Now over time trail and error I ended up going with

105 taming
110 lore
100 vet
120 fencing
100 tactics
68 chive
19 magery
34 necro
64 focus

Thats what I have right now

I know im a rare. Ive seen maybe one warrior taming in the 7 years Ive run this mix of skills. Now I know it works very well.

I just want to Tune it up a bit!

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrmm i was considering dropping the taming and lore anther 5 points for the taming talisman 5/5. It only gave me 10 points to play with and i couldn't say 110 tactics was worth it.

Dropping chiv is a very bad idea thats my damage and so is tactics. well besides my pets LOL Plus what im really hitting at is the HLD. Once that goes off the pets get that bonus too.

Combined!!!

99% of the time that bracelet (15 taming) is worn. Almost never does it leave my wrist so upping the taming is well kinda a bad idea too.

DCI would be nice in it place but since I have a greater tanking most times it didnt seem important.

the original template was

105 taming
110 lore
100 vet
100 fencing
100 tactics
100 bushido
68 chiv
37 focus

Now over time trail and error I ended up going with

105 taming
110 lore
100 vet
120 fencing
100 tactics
68 chive
19 magery
34 necro
64 focus

Thats what I have right now

I know im a rare. Ive seen maybe one warrior taming in the 7 years Ive run this mix of skills. Now I know it works very well.

*Shrug*

If you dont have the Bird then yeah get it.

Now when I look at your mix, the one I am least sure of what your getting from it is Focus.

Minimally I would drop it to 60.

For every 10 points of Battle Focus a player has, their 10 second Stamina gain is increased by 1.
For every 20 points of Battle Focus a player has, their 10 second Mana gain is increased by 1.
Beyond that what is it that Focus is bringing to the party for you?

There is also the obvious of dumping the fencing, Magery to 120.0 and getting a Sword of Prosperity or any of the -0 Magery Weapons.

5% Luck

See in all the tamer template around you end up with magery but no eval

120 tame
120 lore
120 vet
120 mage
120 eval
120 med

this is most common followed by the bards.

In pvm a pally can out damage a mage all day long. I EoO use a slayer and target the weak resist.

The only template the compares is a disco tamer. It has its uses and even out performs me in some places. But what it lacks is the 100% success on the higher end mobs. Ever discord a para cu? even at 120/120 it some times takes 6 tries. With a pixi swater its dead before 6 tries are up!

Where I truly lack is ranged healing. I circumvented this by vamp form. Like at a Mel I can leech enough that I can stand right there and vet all the while doing extra damage. With magery instead of damage Im doing something that i have 100+ points invested into already! Namely vet. That bothered me. And mana tapping hurts overall damage and "most" mage tamers dont cast spells and play conservitive with mana. And they are right to do it. Thats where i differ. My template seeks all out damage to out weigh any damage received.

Ive tried to get help with this template before and always the same. Why not magery. I have a peace/mage tamer on the other account. He is the tamers tamer. While the pally is the farmers farmer so to speak. ya see!

I have my bard loged out nearby and farm for pets/resources or whatever. If i see something worth taming the bard shows up. All but the discord bard cannot farm as fast nor have the survivability IMO.

Lets see

120 taming
120 lore
120 vet
120 music
120 discord
?? <----- what goes here 120 magery thats 120 points of waste. You can say the damage made up from the discord makes up for it and the 0 mage items provide defence. I think thats a total waste of potential damage. I have thought so for 7 years! No slayer if ya wear a o mage weapon and no defense if ya use a slayer book. I get both from a blackthorns!

In fact my 1st tamer was an archer. I got tired of carrying ammo though (more room for farmed good).

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Combined!!!
Aye, I can see what you're attempting, and why you wouldn't want to drop chiv, the issue is really that you're squeezing a lot in to a template. I've done it myself with some wierd combos, but I think something has to give if you want the necro forms :(

One other option you have depends what pets you use, what you're hunting and how much you need things like vet. If you work around greater drags and the like then you need decent taming skill, but might be less reliant on vetting. Especially when you're dishing out damage alongside the draggy. So you could drop down on lore and vet without losing the control, but freeing up a few skill points for use elsewhere.

Obviously the change with necro forms is going to push you for more skill if you want to keep using them, so I guess one other solution would be to use lower skill requirement pets so you could lower taming in favour of necro for example.

Maybe the easiest solution is to think what is least essential in your setup? I always feel wary of telling folks to drop skills they've already trained, because my idea of fun isn't someone elses :D

Or, can you fit in a bracelet of health with your gear? That's one option for boosting your health regen, but I'm guessing that's going to throw your suit out badly.

I know the feeling, I'm bored of mages and bards, and once my necro weaver tamer is done it'll be onto a tweaked up warrior tamer. Tamer 9 *twitch* But you do remind me of the template I tried to make for a laugh - pally archer peace tamer :D

Wenchy

5% Luck

With the necro I do get to 100 with items on the suit i wear. The problem comes when I have to switch for magery or stabling. So i might have to find a fencing ring and a fencing/taming bracelet that compares to the Di HCI i get of my current bracelet.

I might just carry some scrolls!

Ouch

its going to be tough.

So no ones for wrath?

5% Luck

I know the feeling, I'm bored of mages and bards, and once my necro weaver tamer is done it'll be onto a tweaked up warrior tamer. Tamer 9 *twitch* But you do remind me of the template I tried to make for a laugh - pally archer peace tamer :D

Wenchy
Its funny i have a buddy that runs a peace/archer-tamer. No pally though. hes been running it for years started with provok but worked his way to peace trial and error

S

Sarphus

Don't get too attached to being able to run low lvls of chiv and have most of the power of chiv. The devs have said they're in the process of rebalancing that.

Also, don't get too attached to using +skill items to go over 720 skill. They said they may be adjusting that too.

5% Luck

Don't get too attached to being able to run low lvls of chiv and have most of the power of chiv. The devs have said they're in the process of rebalancing that.

Also, don't get too attached to using +skill items to go over 720 skill. They said they may be adjusting that too.
GAME OVER? damm that really reallllly stinks mega walnutz

The unmitigated Gaul these devs have ! Ruins the entire fun i have! How stagnant will my templates be....

skill over 720? how would the skill items be used? newbies only?
that wont make sence at all!

I mean lets be honest here. Are we here to hinder the spirit of innovation. Are we quelling imagination? Are we putting down thorough thought and statigic extraction of informations valuable to a goal? Do we realy need to simplify a small populace to keep them from rebelling? This sounds too much like book burning to me! its Incredulous!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think the devs have finally realised that skill + items made a huge impact on how powerful templates could be and how far we could stretch the skill cap if we really tried. To me it sounds like a case of just realising what you unleashed and reigning it back in. IMO it's a pity they didn't think through the potential before they created said items...

I'd suggest making hay while the sun shines with your templates. Just ensure you have a plan to fall back on at some point if it's necessary. When we don't know exactly what the devs are planning, it's hard to plan anything anyway. For all we know they may raise the overall skill cap then lock it. Details are important, but the one thing we don't have.

Wenchy

5% Luck

Its about beating the system. Maybe thats not appealing to you but it incites intelligence and well thought out strategy. It actually encourages thought outside the box unlike our schools. This has been a place for me to find the limits and exceed them and see through the bull that i find in the rest of my life by allowing me to Beat the System!

Cutting that off at the head is and always will be a true loss not to the game but to the minds attached to it. People can circumvent the cap means they maybe able to find a way to circumvent alot of things.

The avatar is an image of the self. Im sure all of you have read the many threads on mmos and their connections to the personality's and all the sociological jargon that goes with it. In uo we have a certain amount of expression that most people(not just mmoers) will never find anywhere else. This wouldnt just be a terrible hack to a community it would hurt the expression of the avatar in uo.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its about beating the system. Maybe thats not appealing to you but it incites intelligence and well thought out strategy. It actually encourages thought outside the box unlike our schools. This has been a place for me to find the limits and exceed them and see through the bull that i find in the rest of my life by allowing me to Beat the System![/quoe]
I have no issue with players who try to beat the system and push their limits, I love stretching myself template wise and throwing wierd combos together. I think that's part of the appeal once you've tried traditional setups. But I think if you do that you should always be aware that things might be fixed or changed and enjoy perks while they last. I guess that's why I've always tried to stay within my skill caps as much as possible, so changes like this aren't a big problem.

The avatar is an image of the self. Im sure all of you have read the many threads on mmos and their connections to the personality's and all the sociological jargon that goes with it. In uo we have a certain amount of expression that most people(not just mmoers) will never find anywhere else. This wouldnt just be a terrible hack to a community it would hurt the expression of the avatar in uo.
I don't tend to equate self expression with skills myself, but then I'm a RPer, so I have a different slant on expression with my characters :) The only things I'd like to see are more options for height and weight on characters so I can make some of my chars the way I "see" them. Even if the skill cap is fixed, I think UO is still going to be one hard game to beat for diversity though.

Wenchy

L

lazybones

When i was playing with the control calculater, i found that you get 99% control chance of greater dragons with 105 taming/ 120 lore.
So if you dropped your vet and upped your lore it would free up a jewellry slot so you dont have to swap em about so much.

If your using slayers and wraith form you shouldnt have any mana worries, so maybe dump focus altogether (stam regen2 is enough to run around with, i lug insanity around as none on my armour).

5% Luck

Well I found a 15 taming braclet with 12 necro and 19 di and 6 hci Not bad! That and a 15 necro ring w/18 di and 12 hci, midnight bracers and a bloodwood keeps me in vamp form with a minimal 47 necro. Im not very peeved but it works still and i didnt need to give up my magery.

On a side note I have about a 10 second window to swap out the necro ring for the stabling ring when i need to. If im slow or i lag I just recast from a scroll I keep for deaths/jic.

Thx for everyones input!