• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Buying] a Iron Beetle & a Dragon Wolf.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I discovered my "pre-patch" (old) Iron Beetle has like 3 slots and it doesnt work for keeping around while you mine.

Honestly, I dont know if they are all that handy... but I want to play with one a bit... and the old one needs to go and I need a new one. :) I believe the new ones spawn as 1 slot... in that big SA dungeon. That is what I want.

Dragon Wolf wise? I know they spawn from Treasure Maps as guardians. They spawn with 2 or 3 slots. I want a 2 slot, brand new. Never renamed.
*** Correction, birth slots are 3-4... I need a 3.

I'd figure they would be on sale at Magincia (both of them), but I never see them.

If anyone is up to the challenge... or has them... please let me know. And please dont come demanding insane money from me. :eek: Thank you!

Last edited:

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dragon wolf spawn as 3 or 4 slot...3 hard to find but I have one on great lakes if you want a untrained 3 slot

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

Just saw this is on Atlantic shard...oops

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry guys!

I got a bit turned around. I keep telling returning vets about the new taming systems and control slots and I got my mindset of other pets that come in 2's and 3's.

I totally know that the Dragon Wolf is 3 and 4. Just a couple days ago, so happened I logged in with my tamer and someone was doing a treasure map right in front of my house and being chased all over the place by 2 Dragon Wolves. Hopped off the 5 slot nightmare and took them down after a quick lore to make sure they were not 3's. :) Even then, I would have been powerless to do anything about it.

Meat Elemental

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I've trained both the wolf and iron beetle up just cause they look cool but not really useful compared to other pets

Sent from my VOG-L04 using Tapatalk

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I honestly dont remember the iron bug being very helpful back when they were new... but it was a very long time ago and I sure dont remember them being a 3 slot pet. Between a fire bug and a packie? There is just no way you could mine with them. I know they will change color with the ore they find. I think I saw that at the SB stables when people were about to stable them.

Not quite sure why anyone would train them up to 5 slots.... but yeah, to be different. I have a blue bug all trained up and it comes in handy for a few jobs.

Combat wise, I tend to stick to the big dogs or the nightmare. Goodness knows I have quite a few things in 2 stables, play wise. ;-)