• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A history lesson

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well Put.

I will add that if this had happen through some exploit, I would probably feel a little differently about the situation. The fact is that where we play, other players can be freely attacked and that can indeed happen during a face to face transaction. It has happened to one of my own members. Luckily he was at a bank and was able to bank the item before he took too much damage. My point is, if you're going to do a face to face sale transaction, be aware this can happen. While I am sorry to hear of the situation, placing the item on a vendor could have avoided this whole mess.

@ Tib - Members of your own guild have done the same exact thing... numerous times. And trust me, at this point, most of us are glad that you left. You know that saying about "true colors"? Its funny how long it took for yours to show.
True colors eh? Exactly what have I done that is so bad? Come out and fight your stealth tamer gank sqauds? Kill Hat's alt in the house while i was still accessed there? That is the only thing I can think of that was probably not a good idea. I honestly thought it was kinda funny as I was going after all the tamers in the house and not looting. Did I intend to cause as much grief as it did? No, not at all, I just wanted to house kill some tamers. Honestly it was a knee jerk decision that i wish I had not done since it did really seem to bother Hat more than I thought it would. Other than that one action what else have I done? I have not res-killed and dog-cussed your members over and over again as yours did to me a couple weeks ago. Thing about true colors honey is when one takes off the rosey colored glasses you can see them.

Now back to the topic; Kat I hope you are aware that not only was a signifigant portion of your guild aiding Duracell last night but were also offering him protection in THEIR homes. Spin it how you want darling but that pretty much is a stamp of approval of his actions. You should probably get your own house in order before making statements that are not backed up by virtual reality:).

Tiberius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Duke, If I were you I'd move on at this point. Consider it a learning experience, get a vendor, and do not do in person business with people who you do not know.

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What I find somewhat amusing about this is that the saying "An eye for an eye" refers to the notion that for every wrong done there should be a compensating measure of Justice.

Sprago, whether or not you feel you're Duracell's 'keeper', you're still his guild leader. Just by the assossication, his negative actions reflect on not only the guild, but your reputation as well...
While we are on the subject...

I was informed last night of one of my guild members deeds. He killed and dry looted a NEW member two or three times, or maybe two or three NEW members, not sure on the details. It was discussed briefly on what course of action to take, if any at all. I was reminded that he is a representation of our guild ( murderers and thieves ), and that player justice could ensue.

While I personally do not kill or steal from NEW members, I cannot and will not tell anyone else how to play the game that they are paying a monthly subscription for. I am a libertarian to the core ( not talking politics ), and I will not be taking any action against this player... as he is just...playing.

NEW members know there are those who don't honor the NEW guild, they are still at risk of being killed and looted, the risk is the same if they are killed and looted from a monster. If his actions cause player justice to come upon us, so be it! I know and enjoy the risks of Siege! ;)

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yep diablo thantis, darkness x, noobified, duracel, vas or flam in nox, papa georgio, william wallace,etc and some other

I pretty much trust Pyrite's word, but if you are these characters, you told us less than a year ago that you were 14. If you are also Leroy Jenkins, you were guilded with us for a short time over a year ago and he is in the 14-16 range as well. Someone seems to have a little difficulty with the truth.

Kage

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I pretty much trust Pyrite's word, but if you are these characters, you told us less than a year ago that you were 14. If you are also Leroy Jenkins, you were guilded with us for a short time over a year ago and he is in the 14-16 range as well. Someone seems to have a little difficulty with the truth.
Yes that is him... He is Sharks son. I'm not sure if you remember Shark from EVO but that's him.

S

Shalimar/Cleo

Once upon a time there was shard called siege perilous.

Once upon a time there wasa thing called player justice.

Once upon a time guilds were judged by thier members actions.

Once upon a time the only way for a guild/alliance not to be judged by thier members action was to make the member correct said action.
If unable to correct the action in question then the only two options left to the guild in question were to

A. Boot the offending member.

B. Suffer the same treatment as the offending member.

Guild leaders are often forced to make such unwanted decisions on this shard.
Those were also the days when most guilds had honour, understood what guilds actually were - the purpose of a guild - and gave a fook about their own guild and it's representation in the eyes of the shard whether they chose to be good guys or evil guys, honour was there. Unfortunately those days are looong gone.

The swindlers and rulebreakers were usually one man bands because guilds just wouldn't accept them into the fold when their activities became known.

S

Shalimar/Cleo

Yes that is him... He is Sharks son. I'm not sure if you remember Shark from EVO but that's him.
He's not the same Leroy Jenkins, Duracell is French, young Leroy isn't.

T'Challa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Age doesn't matter. I know plenty of folks on SP who act like 12 year olds...when they are 25+

Sad, really...

nightstalker22

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Those were also the days when most guilds had honour, understood what guilds actually were - the purpose of a guild - and gave a fook about their own guild and it's representation in the eyes of the shard whether they chose to be good guys or evil guys, honour was there. Unfortunately those days are looong gone.

The swindlers and rulebreakers were usually one man bands because guilds just wouldn't accept them into the fold when their activities became known.

We are a guild! We do have honour, maybe not personal honour, but as a guild, we stand by one another. His actions may cause reprecussions for us all, and we stand as one, The Outsiders [O-S]. We are an evil guild, don't be suprised if we act evil. You should be suprised rather, if we act civil. The rules of society are that we act civil, that we value our fellow man ( or woman ) as we value ourselves... the societies have cast us out, we are no longer bound to the politics of them. They didn't value us, why should we value them? We are The Outsiders! :)

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for as many new i killed there has been twice as many that ive brought to NEW standing there waiting keeping the newber comapny and im always greeted with death when sombody finnaly comes and lets the new guy in the keep, and when i was in new and not in new ive been killed and drylooted many many times and i dont have a problem with it i knew what i was getting myself into when i made my char here on this shard, so i guess what im really saying is what goes around comes around and i welcome it back with arms wide open :thumbsup:

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and have u ever read those nightstalker comics?!?!?! ppl think im brutal and cruel:coco:, just look at that guy he wrights storys about murder, vengence, theft, and his hate for other guilds, just terrible things..........terrible

O

Ole Cheapy

I have to agree with Tibs on this one, I have nothing against you Sprago and as far as I know you're a pretty repuable dude but this definitely puts a damper on your squeeky clean name. Birds of a feather.....

Mr.StinkyPants

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
every time i have been slayd by this spargo char he has only rummaged through my corpse for farties nothing else and what his guildies do shouldnt effect his name one bit, maby the guild name might get some mud on it but not much ppl forget and stop careing bout these lil problems all the time

O

Ole Cheapy

Duke - I am not his friend. I do not know Duracell, nor do I care to. He is not in my guild and we are not allied. In fact, I prefer to see him dead as often as possible.

When I said I was sorry to hear this happened, it was not an appology. I was not involved in this "transaction" in any way shape or form and have no reason to "appologize". I am, however, sorry to hear that the situation occured. What you fail to realize is that you do not dictate the terms under which I offer my regrets.

Further, I am under no obligation to have my guild fight your battles. In case you have yet to come to the realization, you are playing Siege Perilous. The land where you are indeed, in peril at all times. You were attacked, killed and looted. That, my friend, is legal gameplay. It happens day in and day out. I am sorry you have had to learn this lesson so shortly after your arrival here, but my advice is to take the lesson, learn from it and seek your revenge. This is what ignites the flame of Siege Perilous... The ability to get your revenge.

As I said before, if you had been scammed or the item had been taken through the use of some exploit, you would very likely have the backing of my guild.
You worded that very well and even made me change the way I looked at the situation. If I'm ever in trouble and need a lawyer I will call on you to defend me.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
You worded that very well and even made me change the way I looked at the situation. If I'm ever in trouble and need a lawyer I will call on you to defend me.
*chuckles*

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You may call on Kitty Kat Cochran anytime.

If it doesn't fit, you must acquit! :thumbsup:

FrejaSP

Queen of The Outlaws
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
I'm not going to label you as good or bad. You do have your history to live with.

Two thing you need to remember:
Karma can be a pancake and respect is earned.

Giving back the mace was a good move :thumbsup:

S

Shalimar/Cleo

for as many new i killed there has been twice as many that ive brought to NEW standing there waiting keeping the newber comapny and im always greeted with death when sombody finnaly comes and lets the new guy in the keep, and when i was in new and not in new ive been killed and drylooted many many times and i dont have a problem with it i knew what i was getting myself into when i made my char here on this shard, so i guess what im really saying is what goes around comes around and i welcome it back with arms wide open :thumbsup:
I have a long memory. When you made your char GeNeRaL RuInEr on this shard you joined NEW and you were booted from the guild for the same reason Slug was booted. If you have been attacked around the house then perhaps someone else has a long memory too.