• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(RP) A Governors Thoughts

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
*sighs*
Sitting in his office in New Magincia, peering over memos and official documents. Struggling to comprehend how could this of happened, snox under flag of truce holding a letter signed by none other than Lord Blackthorn. Arrested? How could this of happened?! What are the goblins hiding in doing this and Snox's ship suddenly vanishing corresponding with this mysterious fleet that is being built...where? New Magincia certainly has the wood necessary on its Western side to build those ships but as of yet no sightings of this...Phantom Fleet has been reported.
Meanwhile the income has been stagnant at best what with the recovery from the blasted raiders still going on. Getting up to stretch and pace his small office a courier comes running up and hands over a "for your eyes only" document. After signing for it and dismissing the courier, opening the secured envelope finds a startling possible solution to the income problems courtesy of Aurelius, Governor of Britain and fellow governor Vincent Vega. Town Merchants? Yes ofc! This could be the solution to the city's financial issues as well as potentially fund a weekly bonus to the citizens..perfect!

Sitting down at his desk Aragorn starts penning his official response to this option then seals it and after summoning a runner instructs him to deliver the envelops to Aurelius and Vincent Vega and hands over some cash for any travel expenses incurred.

(To Be continued)

OT: I hope this is satisfactory as its my first real attempt at roleplay..cheers guys

Aurelius

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To Aragorn, Governor of New Magincia

Vincent's proposals for the town vendors are indeed excellent, and having consulted most of the Governors have almost universal support. Resourcing for our towns may become increasingly important for several reasons, some of which I shall refer to in the rest of this letter.

The situation regarding the goblins, Nujel'm, the strange rumours of 'fleets' and the other disturbing hints around the realm causes considerable concern. So far we seem to have no clear guidance from the throne what we need do to prepare for possible future development, and we have been 'waiting and watching' for quite some time already. The recent actions of the apparently 'fake' Alaster similarly are worrying - the genuine one, whilst eccentric, is perfectly fine to deal with, but that recent 'similar, but not 'exact', masquerader was another matter entirely. Who else, or what else, might be similarly replaced with a duplicate is a troublesome idea - Snox claimed to have spoken to the King before his journey home, but was it the genuine King? After all the goblin would be badly placed to judge that.

If a fleet is to be built to attack us, it clearly cannot be built on the islands of Nujel'm, the materials are simply not there - so logically, we should see some signs of the materials being gathered from our forests or diverted from our own shipwrights. I'd especially be concerned about the massive forests of Yew (a town which, oddly, has shipbuilders but no proper docks!), but Britain, Vesper, Minoc..... almost all our other cities have the raw materials nearby, and so could well be prey to the activities of the phantom 'shipbuilders'.

I'm reluctant to begin planning any sort of 'town militias' or similar defence forces, because in the past those far too easily become tools to compete with or even attack other towns - the governing council needs to be very alert to such possibilities and counteract any such ideas as soon as they start arising - but relying on the Crown and it's 'spymaster' seems to be a poor strategy too. We should perhaps ask all the Governors and citizens how they wish us to proceed, then form some concensus on actions before we are pushed into reacting to a well-developed threat at the last moment. Opinions regarding the new King are already becoming jaundiced in some places, and it may fall to the Governors to help hold things together whilst a balance is re-established.

Aurelius
Governor of Britain

Alex"Drake Iron Heart"CS

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
My dear Counsellors,

It has been evident that the preparations for a possible war have to start to take place. As mentioned the other day in the Meeting with the King and the court, I brought forward the idea of an imminent strike against our enemies or to start the preparations ASAP, before its too late and the enemy has grown bigger and stronger. About the "Phantom Fleet", I can suggest we start a Militia of some sort, like explained before by my fellow Councillor, I have the feeling that the materials are being gathered right in front of our noses but we are not seeing it or it hasn't become evident of it. I must say we have no guard during the night hours, that would mean an ideal time for gathering of the resources. Have a think my lords and lets try a solution. With great honour and pleasure, I must say goodbye for now.