• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A good RP/Stealth Archer template?

• Thread starter Kratos Aurion
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
K

Kratos Aurion

Aside from the required skills, what would be a good build for a RP/stealth archer?

I

imported_spoonyd

I don't roleplay but my temp looks something like this....

120 archery
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
100 hiding
80 stealth
120 ninja

You need 80 stealth to always succeed at stealthing assuming you wear leather. I don't like to have any chance at failing a hide so GM is a must.
120 ninja gets you 95% on wolf form for escaping a bad situation and max chance for hits with ninja stars. You don't have resist so you hafta play smart and carry a trap box.
This character typically goes for the dismount with a heavy then switch to comp bow for moving shot combined with ninja stars for the kill

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

Playing Legends so we could make a guild.

[/ QUOTE ]

Play legends? I use to play Legends. Infact I left that shard earlier this year after I lived on it for 2-3yrs

<blockquote><hr>

I don't roleplay but my temp looks something like this....

120 archery
100 tactics
100 anat
100 healing
100 hiding
80 stealth
120 ninja

You need 80 stealth to always succeed at stealthing assuming you wear leather. I don't like to have any chance at failing a hide so GM is a must.
120 ninja gets you 95% on wolf form for escaping a bad situation and max chance for hits with ninja stars. You don't have resist so you hafta play smart and carry a trap box.
This character typically goes for the dismount with a heavy then switch to comp bow for moving shot combined with ninja stars for the kill

[/ QUOTE ]

Ah. I assumed it would be based on a regular pvm template with out many changes if not none. With the exception of maybe raising stealth to gm, and using gm bushido instead of ninjitsu or what not. Im just looking for template ideas though thanks

I

imported_Athelas

My template is very similar to yours, but I took Chivalry instead of Ninjitsu. This is a RP Healer, but also works for solo PvM.

100 archery
100 tactics
100 anat
120 healing
100 hiding
80 stealth
80 chivalry
40 focus

Chivalry mostly for the Sacred Journey spell, but the other spells are all useful. You can pick up 110 scrolls pretty cheap and use jewelry for additional skill boosts.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

My template is very similar to yours, but I took Chivalry instead of Ninjitsu. This is a RP Healer, but also works for solo PvM.

100 archery
100 tactics
100 anat
120 healing
100 hiding
80 stealth
80 chivalry
40 focus

Chivalry mostly for the Sacred Journey spell, but the other spells are all useful. You can pick up 110 scrolls pretty cheap and use jewelry for additional skill boosts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I never seen the need to go above gm healing since the change is quite insignificant enough to bribe me to go the extra mile. But I like this template. I could use the extra 20 points and direct them to either more focus or gm stealth. Thanks

C

Connor_Graham

If you want to go that route, I'd suggest you put the 20 into Archery, otherwise you'll be missing more than you hit, especially without Bushido. You can drop 10 from both Anatomy and Tactics, and bump the Focus up if that's where you want to put some extra points. Personally, I'd just move the 20 from Healing into Archery and leave it at that.

I

imported_GFY

Squeeze in Ninjitsu for the forms and special moves while stealthed. It's worth the points.

I

imported_Galdrion

Well if youre on great lakes you can join the rp ninja guild there... the Blue lotus... its a little work to get into the main guild but a lot of the members there can help you get a template youre comfortable with.

K

Kratos Aurion

<blockquote><hr>

If you want to go that route, I'd suggest you put the 20 into Archery, otherwise you'll be missing more than you hit, especially without Bushido. You can drop 10 from both Anatomy and Tactics, and bump the Focus up if that's where you want to put some extra points. Personally, I'd just move the 20 from Healing into Archery and leave it at that.

[/ QUOTE ]

I believe thats what I was going to do. I'm not much of one to use fancy templates to PvM unless it gets to a point I'll need too. I just thought it would be something fun to work with for awhile.

<blockquote><hr>

Well if youre on great lakes you can join the rp ninja guild there... the Blue lotus... its a little work to get into the main guild but a lot of the members there can help you get a template youre comfortable with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I've seen them as well as the Yew Archers guild. But for my purpose, right now I'm mainly working on solo gameplay until I get comfortable using an archer then I might consider moving him into a guild. I still use my tamer as my main, this is just something I wanna try