• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A good place to raise parry 90-110?

• Thread starter imported_Lucretia
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Lucretia

I know this was 6 years ago, but the Bone Knight room in Deceit used to be the place to GM parry. It used to be packed, but I finally ventured there to find it a ghost town (pun intended). Way too many undread creatures there for just one warrior to train. With that experience, I didn't even try my other favorite place--the lich room.

So where does everyone else go now to GM+ parry? And does anyone still go to the lich room (level 4)?

D

DraztikMethodz

sheep pens in yew, go there with a weapon that you don't have skill in in hand with no shield. Get all the sheep on you and let em do there work. oh and helps to have lots of bandages and a couple GM dull copper suits

I

imported_Lucretia

Thanks! Not as fun as the old group of people in bone knight room, but I suppose it does the trick.

Y

your_average_joe

A similar option consists of going to the jhelom pits and finding 10+ woman wrestlers (bring a butcher or skinning knife for disarming the ones with weapons.)

This method has the added benefit of not needing aids or armor since they will do no damage to you (and if they are, you are probably doing something wrong such as having a male in the crowd.)

G

agreed a lot of small critters bashing at you with a wep that you have no skill in seems best method though if i remember stacking up on dci jewery/equipment also helps gains

I

imported_Lucretia

<blockquote><hr>

A similar option consists of going to the jhelom pits and finding 10+ woman wrestlers (bring a butcher or skinning knife for disarming the ones with weapons.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, thanks since the animal thing just isn't working

But just where are the pits?

D

DraztikMethodz

did you make sure to hold a weapon in hand that you have no skill in?

I normaly hold a dagger unless I have skill in fencing then i use a butcher knife, and make sure every sheep in pen is on you, I also get the cat on me for extra hits, you should be surrounded on all sides.

Oh and no bushido, if you have the skill soulstone it.

may take a bit for first gain but once it gets going it flies

I

imported_Lucretia

<blockquote><hr>

I normaly hold a dagger unless I have skill in fencing then i use a butcher knife, and make sure every sheep in pen is on you, I also get the cat on me for extra hits, you should be surrounded on all sides.

[/ QUOTE ]

My skill is mace, and I tried a dagger and a skinning knife. I still kill them too fast.

G

Once you have all the animals flagged on you go out of war mode.
You'll just stand there not attacking anything while they go to town on you.

I

imported_Lucretia

<blockquote><hr>

Once you have all the animals flagged on you go out of war mode.
You'll just stand there not attacking anything while they go to town on you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, will give it another shot.

Y

your_average_joe

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Great, thanks since the animal thing just isn't working

But just where are the pits?

[/ QUOTE ]

City of Jhelom sort of in the middle of town just northeast of the bank.

Y

your_average_joe

<blockquote><hr>

Oh and no bushido, if you have the skill soulstone it.

may take a bit for first gain but once it gets going it flies

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never tried the animal method but I've had high bushido (90+) while training parry at the pits. I can hit gm in about 2-3 hours just standing there.

Reinzeld

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I gm'ed parry with sheep in no time at all. I didn't even get bored enough to try the pits. (My bushido was low, probably 30s or 40s when I did it, for the record.)

I

imported_Lucretia

<blockquote><hr>

This method has the added benefit of not needing aids or armor since they will do no damage to you (and if they are, you are probably doing something wrong such as having a male in the crowd.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I'm definately doing something wrong. First, I cannot disarm because my skill with the knife must be 90 or more. Secondly, if I say all guard me (like I thought I was supposed to) one kills the other.

I

imported_Lucretia

oh, and 10+? I can only hire 2 at most at a time. Am I not supposed to be hiring them? God I'm soooo confused.

D

DraztikMethodz

yeah sorry, you don't want to kill the sheep, attack them to get them on you but then tab out so you don't kill them, you just let them hit you while you sit there.

Y

your_average_joe

Yeah, the jhelom pit method works better if you train swords up first so you can use disarm. Otherwise you can always find someone to help you disarm them.

You can only hire 2 at a time but you can attack others. Just go into war mode and target one of the female fighters. The only time I hire any is if they are in a place where they are not responding to attack. This allows me to command them to follow me to a better location. I then typically release them (and I retarget them.) Then I get out of war mode so I don't attack them (unless you want to work healing at the same time in which case, feel free to attack them.)

I

imported_Lucretia

Thanks Joe. I finally GM'd after having just 5 on me for about an hour and a half. Although, like you said, I think one was male (tricky how they give female names and disquise them with a helm) because I had to constantly heal.

I've decided to go further and purchased a 120 scroll, so I hope this continues to work for me.

Thanks again to everyone for your help.

-Lucretia

V

Vandis

My parrying is stuck at 99.7. Was doing sheep a few days ago and it was going up like crazy. Once it hit 99.7 it stopped going up and I decided to give it a rest. Today i went back same set up and everything and ive been letting sheep beat on me for about an hour now and not even a .1 gain. I have swords and bushido. I stoned the bushido and im using a dagger to parry. What am i doing wrong?

D

DraztikMethodz

<blockquote><hr>

My parrying is stuck at 99.7. Was doing sheep a few days ago and it was going up like crazy. Once it hit 99.7 it stopped going up and I decided to give it a rest. Today i went back same set up and everything and ive been letting sheep beat on me for about an hour now and not even a .1 gain. I have swords and bushido. I stoned the bushido and im using a dagger to parry. What am i doing wrong?

[/ QUOTE ] hmmm not sure, maybe try killing your char off,sometimes the game get buggy like that and you gotta kill off char to get it going again, other then that make sure you DON'T have a shield on, this will slow it down dramticaly, just use the dagger.

Other then that it should be working, Ive done 2 warriors 0-110 in less the 4 hours each this last 2 weeks

I

imported_zeroshade

i used cats, 7-8 cats to be exact.. the trick is you have to take damage and there have to be a large number of them on you to gain past 99.7. I went all the way to 115 like this. Also i was naked carrying a wooden shield using a weapon that I had 0 skill in. hope this helps

S

Saysimba

I-i-i-i like dose damn sheep. T-t-t-took m-m-me all the way to 120. *wipes brow*

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just a reminder...

You can go from 0 to 120 parrying in less than three hours using this method:

1) Arm yourself with a weapon you have no skill in. Its good to start with a weapon that is completely repaired. Bring some PoF's with you or be prepared to repair it once or twice. Maker sure the skill is locked or marked down.
2) DO NOT CARRY A SHIELD! This is very important. You can still train parrying with a shield but it will take longer.
3) Find a farm (the best one is on the island just north of Jhelom. Target and agro 8 sheep and chickens. While you are targeting the 8 creatures, make sure none of them can actually hit you because you will one-hit kill them.
4) Once you have the 8 creatures chasing you, tab out of combat mode and stand in a spot where the 8 creatures can surround you.
5) Now just stand there and watch the gains come your way. Heal whenever you get below 25% health.

The reason you want to hold a weapon you have no skill in using is because you don't want the defensive ability of the skill to stop any of the attacks. You don't want to use a shield because gaining in parry is difficulty based and parrying with only a weapon is harder than parrying with a shield.

L

LadyK - GL

<blockquote><hr>

Just a reminder...

You can go from 0 to 120 parrying in less than three hours using this method:

1) Arm yourself with a weapon you have no skill in. Its good to start with a weapon that is completely repaired. Bring some PoF's with you or be prepared to repair it once or twice. Maker sure the skill is locked or marked down.
2) DO NOT CARRY A SHIELD! This is very important. You can still train parrying with a shield but it will take longer.
3) Find a farm (the best one is on the island just north of Jhelom. Target and agro 8 sheep and chickens. While you are targeting the 8 creatures, make sure none of them can actually hit you because you will one-hit kill them.
4) Once you have the 8 creatures chasing you, tab out of combat mode and stand in a spot where the 8 creatures can surround you.
5) Now just stand there and watch the gains come your way. Heal whenever you get below 25% health.

The reason you want to hold a weapon you have no skill in using is because you don't want the defensive ability of the skill to stop any of the attacks. You don't want to use a shield because gaining in parry is difficulty based and parrying with only a weapon is harder than parrying with a shield.

[/ QUOTE ]

Still works just gorgeously! I just got my warrior to 110 Parry off the sheep and chickens in Jhelom Pens. A few things...

1) You may want to buy 3 or 4 cheap (12g) staves to take along with you, to replace the ones that break. I grabbed a few in New Haven.

2) You will need quite a lot of bandaids. From 0 to 110 I believe I used near 1000 bandaids. However, half the time I was naked. I also already had GM Anatomy and Healing.

3) You will (obviously) have to heal less if you make yourself some cruddy iron ring/chainmail - I went through 3 sets even being nekkid half the time.

4) Greater Chickens seem to assist in gains. I managed to always keep at least 2 Greater Chickens mixed in with the other chickens and sheep. I also occasionally took a step left or right. Don't forget to eat!