• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A glimpse into the future ...

G

At the townhall today, Greg shared with us some of the stuff he is working on ...

[*]The ability to own more than one property, so that one sim can own either 2 or 3 properties on a paid account.

[*]Being able to set permissions so that friends or other players can open your lot when you are not online

[*]Use of floortiles to set permissions so that other (non roomie) players can set out items on the floor tiles on your lot.

[*]A "doorstop" - ability to have a property open when we are not there or online.

[*]Greg was asked if we could have more bookmarks (great question CountryGirl) and he said he'd look at that. The idea was then expanded so that bookmarks could count across the whole account, rather then just one sim.

Polly

P

Paula778

Sounds sweeeeet, are we talking near future (like 2-6 month)?

S

snowboarder

The bookmark idea is a great one. I have 3 accounts and want to keep track of what sim has what and lives where so i know if i need something all i have to do is look at there bio. Unfortunatly this takes 23 bookmarks off each sim straight away. So it would be cool if you could add all the bookmark slots from all 8 sims together and all 8 sims could see it. that would take 184 slots down to 24 instantly. Definatly an interesting idea....

G

<blockquote><hr>

The bookmark idea is a great one. I have 3 accounts and want to keep track of what sim has what and lives where so i know if i need something all i have to do is look at there bio. Unfortunatly this takes 23 bookmarks off each sim straight away. So it would be cool if you could add all the bookmark slots from all 8 sims together and all 8 sims could see it. that would take 184 slots down to 24 instantly. Definatly an interesting idea....

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not instead of using sim bio's and bookmarks just make an excel spreadsheet or even a plain text file and list your sims and all the info for each of them. That way you have the info available offline and don't need to login and read bio's to see who has what etc?

Besides with all the downtime we seem to have it would be an easy way to see the info you need w/o waiting for the ability to login, lol.

That's what i used to do when running a store or other lots with several sims so that i know what sim has what skills, objects, their age, how many locks, their properties etc..

G

<blockquote><hr>

At the townhall today, Greg shared with us some of the stuff he is working on ...

[*]The ability to own more than one property, so that one sim can own either 2 or 3 properties on a paid account.

[*]Being able to set permissions so that friends or other players can open your lot when you are not online

[*]Use of floortiles to set permissions so that other (non roomie) players can set out items on the floor tiles on your lot.

[*]A "doorstop" - ability to have a property open when we are not there or online.

[*]Greg was asked if we could have more bookmarks (great question CountryGirl) and he said he'd look at that. The idea was then expanded so that bookmarks could count across the whole account, rather then just one sim.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 Hard to get excited about anything new that will take money. Since we will all be broke and it will be close to imposible to buy one lot let alone a number of lots. But I do question the need. We have 8 sims per account. Why does one sim need more then one house?

#2 Unless they can cook what good with this action be.

#3 If by this u mean we could bring pets with us and let them out to play that could be cool. Or do u mean we can bring our own jam table cause the owner is too poor to buy them?

#4 hmmm sound like #2.

#5 I guess more bookmarks would be nice, but since there are not that many people on playing anymore don't really see the need.

I thought to add a few of my own...

How about letting guest cook?

How about letting food last longer?

How about speeding up the showers?

How about speeding up fun?

How about giving us back hug maxing up social?

How about givign us back an action to give fun to sims while they are busy doing money object?

How about putting unused food back in the frige for later date?

How about not making food go bad so fast?

How about the sims2 makeup and hair cabinet added to ealand?

How about giving us sunglasses, crowns and other hats in the accessories cabinet?

How about letting us hold on to more clothes? Maybe a clothing rack we can add to and take out of...you know a closet.

How about giving up on the giving rl money back to us and letting us just have fun playing this game and enjoying this game?

Really Simsonline was not broken. It was just lacking in updates. The merge is great, cc is great, all the rest your doing is killing the game. Will this game be saveable after the devs are done doing what they want to the game? That is the questions.

Sorry got off track there for a bit.

Glad someone sees a future for this game.

D

dinaj

I have to agree, where is all the FUN in all that stuff? Those are good ideas but maybe all that can wait for a later date, please give us something we can actually have fun with.

edited to add my emphasis on FUN, thats what im looking for.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

#1 Hard to get excited about anything new that will take money. Since we will all be broke and it will be close to imposible to buy one lot let alone a number of lots. But I do question the need. We have 8 sims per account. Why does one sim need more then one house?

#3 If by this u mean we could bring pets with us and let them out to play that could be cool. Or do u mean we can bring our own jam table cause the owner is too poor to buy them?

#4 hmmm sound like #2.

#5 I guess more bookmarks would be nice, but since there are not that many people on playing anymore don't really see the need.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever been on a property when the owner/host has apologised but said they need to close and there is no-one suitable around to give temp roomie priviledges to? Have you ever wanted to craft but not been able to find a service lot open? Have you ever wanted to help out a friend at their house or even share a property with them, but been unable to because you already own a property? Have you ever wanted to sell a few items, but not wanted to run a store? Have you ever wished that one of your 8 sims could open your main house without being a roomate there? Have you ever wanted to participate in an event, but not gone because it would mean closing your own lot? Ever wanted to rent out an area on your lot, without giving someone roomie priviledges? Ever seen a cheap lot or great bargain that you'd like to snap up, but can't because you already own a property and all your other sims are roomies somewhere? Ever thought long term about buying and selling lots? Ever wanted someone to help design your house, do roof art for you, without having to give them full roomate status? Or they couldn't help because they already lived somewhere?

All of these things would be possible (and probably more) in the future.

Teams of friends will be able to form a group and have permissions to open each other's properties. I'm pretty sure that being able to cook could be one of the possibilities included in this.

Being able to set an item out on a store lot so that someone can buy it for the asking price, would be one of the best ways to erradicate some of the trade scams we've seen occuring over the past 5 and a bit years.

Being able to "rent" out space on our lots would be an interesting money making opportunity for many. Being a house designer, but already owning a property would no longer be a problem.

Maybe its just me, but I can see many great benefits to this. As with everything we see in game, there will be loopholes and potential issues that will need to be ironed out as part of the design process.

Polly

M

mike1977

Now what would be cool is the ability to set something for sale on ANY lot category. The number of items allowed for sale at the same time would be very low so not to upset store category owners. It'd be like a garage sale.

But then again, with 8 sims on an account one could live on a store lot and the doorstop feature being worked on.

D

dinaj

as usual you have a good point there Polly ...
... but I still would love to see some silly fun things introduced to the game, to keep non-goal oriented players like myself happy. I never have a plan when I log in, I just log in.

P

Purdy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not instead of using sim bio's and bookmarks just make an excel spreadsheet or even a plain text file and list your sims and all the info for each of them. That way you have the info available offline and don't need to login and read bio's to see who has what etc?

Besides with all the downtime we seem to have it would be an easy way to see the info you need w/o waiting for the ability to login, lol.

That's what i used to do when running a store or other lots with several sims so that i know what sim has what skills, objects, their age, how many locks, their properties etc..

[/ QUOTE ]

I've done the same thing too but I use the oldfashioned way of writing it down in a notebook. Also, I have the date when a new skill lock is due so I know which sim to log on and what skill I want. I also list how much and what skills the crafting table uses so I can build up skills on all my sims so I can craft everything myself.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

#4 hmmm sound like #2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Have you ever been on a property when the owner/host has apologised but said they need to close and there is no-one suitable around to give temp roomie priviledges to? Have you ever wanted to craft but not been able to find a service lot open? Have you ever wanted to help out a friend at their house or even share a property with them, but been unable to because you already own a property? Have you ever wanted to sell a few items, but not wanted to run a store? Have you ever wished that one of your 8 sims could open your main house without being a roomate there? Have you ever wanted to participate in an event, but not gone because it would mean closing your own lot? Ever wanted to rent out an area on your lot, without giving someone roomie priviledges? Ever seen a cheap lot or great bargain that you'd like to snap up, but can't because you already own a property and all your other sims are roomies somewhere? Ever thought long term about buying and selling lots? Ever wanted someone to help design your house, do roof art for you, without having to give them full roomate status? Or they couldn't help because they already lived somewhere?

All of these things would be possible (and probably more) in the future.

Teams of friends will be able to form a group and have permissions to open each other's properties. I'm pretty sure that being able to cook could be one of the possibilities included in this.

Being able to set an item out on a store lot so that someone can buy it for the asking price, would be one of the best ways to erradicate some of the trade scams we've seen occuring over the past 5 and a bit years.

Being able to "rent" out space on our lots would be an interesting money making opportunity for many. Being a house designer, but already owning a property would no longer be a problem.

Maybe its just me, but I can see many great benefits to this. As with everything we see in game, there will be loopholes and potential issues that will need to be ironed out as part of the design process.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
Nevertheless - these things are not what the game needs right now.
These would be fine to include at some point, but what we need is a great big infusion of fun. There isn't much in the game these days and that's the point of playing, after all. Isn't it?

I

imported_julilyn

Have you ever been hosting and been the only roomie there and wished you could leave the lot to Shop,go to sim work,attend a wedding or party,help out a friend,been car napped or,god forbid,died and no one there could revieve you?

Have you ever submitted your game ideas?

what do you LIKE about TSO?

I found all those future happenings to be awesome and I am giddy that they are working so hard at improving the game and bringing in new things.

This Town hall meeting was on a Saturday? So Greg took time out of his weekend to address the masses? what a guy. thank you,Greg.

Thanks Polly, for the info -less then three

I

imported_TraciRK

TTL

I like all of these ideas, the one thing I would do is raise the number of items allowed on a lot if the floor tile thing is going to happen. Or not have those tiles and the items on them count against the owners limit.

G

<blockquote><hr>

These would be fine to include at some point, but what we need is a great big infusion of fun. There isn't much in the game these days and that's the point of playing, after all. Isn't it?

[/ QUOTE ]

To repeat - "At the townhall today, Greg shared with us some of the stuff he is working on ...

Nowhere did I say, this is the only thing being worked on ... according to the blog there are 19 on the team.

I just wanted to share a few things that were talked about for those that couldn't get in.

Greg did also mention that a few of the team (I forget the names) are working on bringing all offline items to the game. Maybe it would be a good idea to ask if someone from the team would be willing to host a Q&amp;A session in TH to give an update on some of the fun things that are being worked on.

Polly

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

This Town hall meeting was on a Saturday? So Greg took time out of his weekend to address the masses? what a guy. thank you,Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this was meant to be sarcastic or not but for those of you that feel this way what makes you think that Greg just doesn't WORK on the weekend and have Monday and Tuesday off? LOL I don't understand why everyone is alway's so grateful when someone takes time to answer questions or go to a town hall meeting. It's their JOB people! Get a clue.

T

Terra Pin

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not sure if this was meant to be sarcastic or not but for those of you that feel this way what makes you think that Greg just doesn't WORK on the weekend and have Monday and Tuesday off? LOL I don't understand why everyone is alway's so grateful when someone takes time to answer questions or go to a town hall meeting. It's their JOB people! Get a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, Greg mentioned shortly after he opened the lot that he was actually at home, had some free time and thought he'd come in to open up the Town Hall. So yeah, I think it WAS rather generous of him to spend some his own time doing that.

I

imported_Imasim

First I want to say Thanks to Greg for spending his free time listening to all of us. Many were there with problems and complaints and he was very patient and tried to help all.

Second I am all for something fun in the game, in fact that was my question to Greg. He said the team was looking at all the offline sims game items to see if they could be worked into the online version.

I for one would love the makin magic carnival stuff and the mini golf stuff. Snowball and waterball fights. Camping with tents and using our campfires. Also if the Sims2 stuff is ever available there is a great pirate ship, native dancing, swimming in the ocean and searching for treasure.

I am so tired of the make money and skill,skill, skill rut we are in and just want to play for fun. Wouldn't it be great if you and your friends could go to a vacation lot and just play?

Anyway just my thoughts.
Thanks again Greg.

S

Shyanne1

<blockquote><hr>

First I want to say Thanks to Greg for spending his free time listening to all of us. Many were there with problems and complaints and he was very patient and tried to help all.

Second I am all for something fun in the game, in fact that was my question to Greg. He said the team was looking at all the offline sims game items to see if they could be worked into the online version.

I for one would love the makin magic carnival stuff and the mini golf stuff. Snowball and waterball fights. Camping with tents and using our campfires. Also if the Sims2 stuff is ever available there is a great pirate ship, native dancing, swimming in the ocean and searching for treasure.

I am so tired of the make money and skill,skill, skill rut we are in and just want to play for fun. Wouldn't it be great if you and your friends could go to a vacation lot and just play?

Anyway just my thoughts.
Thanks again Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I read somewhere that they had already promised that all the sims 1 items will be in the game.

K

Katinka

I like all of your ideas but just in case someone else looks and likes them please lets edit this one
<font color="blue">How about letting guest cook? </font> With editable permissions only I hope.
editing: In fact, adding the "Guest" category seems to be a good idea .. we could have visitors and guests .. where as "guests" could have temporary roomie status with an editable time limit.

I

imported_aldldl

<blockquote><hr>

I like all of your ideas but just in case someone else looks and likes them please lets edit this one
<font color="blue">How about letting guest cook? </font> With editable permissions only I hope.
editing: In fact, adding the "Guest" category seems to be a good idea .. we could have visitors and guests .. where as "guests" could have temporary roomie status with an editable time limit.

[/ QUOTE ]

Love the idea.

P

Purdy

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Love the idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

If lots will be able to stay open all the time I think the visitors should be able to stay green so they won't have to cook. Also, the gardener and maid should come by if visitors are around.

I can just see all the griefers coming around and emptying out the refrigerator and buffet and leaving garbage all around the place. If you don't have auto flush toilets they will try to clog them. They will stay on your property long enough to kill all your plants. I can't even think of all the grief they can cause if no one is there. They even try to do this when the owner is there. I remember in Jolly Pines, there was a gang that went around doing this kind of stuff!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

The things about keeping a house open longer sound lovely. I'd love to be able to let friends run my lot, or leave it open when I can't get on.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Anyway just my thoughts.
Thanks again Greg.

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I read somewhere that they had already promised that all the sims 1 items will be in the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ooo! New items would be fun. And new sims. Or even more customizable sims like on S2. It would make the sims out there a lot more diverse.

M

mike1977

There would need to be some things disabled that causes garbage (and the veding machines so they don't prooduce trash) then to prevent trashings. If they would make the food stands more satisfying that would work with the doorstop feature, because those don't cause garbage.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

To repeat - "At the townhall today, Greg shared with us some of the stuff he is working on ...

Nowhere did I say, this is the only thing being worked on ... according to the blog there are 19 on the team.

I just wanted to share a few things that were talked about for those that couldn't get in.

Greg did also mention that a few of the team (I forget the names) are working on bringing all offline items to the game. Maybe it would be a good idea to ask if someone from the team would be willing to host a Q&amp;A session in TH to give an update on some of the fun things that are being worked on.

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]
Ok - fair cop. My bad.

I

imported_TraciRK

Yes it would be fun to be able to look in the mirror and change your appearnce like on Sims maybe we wouldn't have so many Bella Goth hairdos lol, or beauty shop could be a new job or even lot. I am also enjoying a lot of the things they introduced in the Free Time expansion pack. The sewing machines could be used to design clothes that could be modeled or used in a "modeling job" of some sort. Or to make slip covers for furniture. One other thing that I think would be fun is the ability to have babies and have them grow up but not sure if that is possible. Maybe you have to put them in your inventory when you are not on and they only grow in the time you are. Nanny could be another job, if guest get the access then nannies could cook etc.. Having a sim school and sending the kids would open up a teacher job track. There are a lot of things that could come yet. Send them on to college etc.. If the code gets up to date who knows what could be implemented.

G

Great news, thank you for posting this. I couldn't make it to the meeting.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Yes it would be fun to be able to look in the mirror and change your appearnce like on Sims maybe we wouldn't have so many Bella Goth hairdos lol, or beauty shop could be a new job or even lot. I am also enjoying a lot of the things they introduced in the Free Time expansion pack. The sewing machines could be used to design clothes that could be modeled or used in a "modeling job" of some sort. Or to make slip covers for furniture. One other thing that I think would be fun is the ability to have babies and have them grow up but not sure if that is possible. Maybe you have to put them in your inventory when you are not on and they only grow in the time you are. Nanny could be another job, if guest get the access then nannies could cook etc.. Having a sim school and sending the kids would open up a teacher job track. There are a lot of things that could come yet. Send them on to college etc.. If the code gets up to date who knows what could be implemented.

[/ QUOTE ]
If the women get a beauty shop, the men should get a........ a......................
..................... a....

............. a...........

damn!

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
If the women get a beauty shop, the men should get a........ a......................
..................... a....

............. a...........

damn!

[/ QUOTE ]

Race track?

Can't wait for the day that the CC cars (chairs) that Thrill made get scripted !

Polly

G

*dreams* Yeahh race track...

I cant wait to go to Rizzo's amusement park after scripting makes the rollercoaster run! (Yes he real rollercoaster)

I bet the ideas for fun will be endless.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[snip]

[/ QUOTE ]I think a lot of this represents a basic shift in how store lots are run. Right now, they can only be open by the physical presence of the owner or a roomie; and many of us know all too well how exciting being tethered to a store can be.

Imagine, now, that someone can own a store, and have it stay open, or be accessible, without the owner or anyone else having to be there. As an added bonus, the store owner is also able to run a "normal", more exiting lot as well!

The only thing I'm a bit sketchy on right now is the value of permissible tiles; however, I'm thinking this could be used for consignment stores, or can be used by a store owner to sublet parts of the store (think shopping mall here) to other people without exposing the store itself to the liability of permanent roommates.

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's their JOB people! Get a clue.

[/ QUOTE ]Ummmm... No, it's not. Their JOB is to develop EA-Land. I'm fairly certain neither their job descriptions nor their contracts state anywhere, "Open Town Hall on your own, personal time and listen to players rant."

I

imported_TraciRK

The men could have a barber shop and if a newbie is shaving them...oops...might need a revive LOL.

G

GregK

ooh. yep if the ladies get a beauty shop the guys gotta get a race track!

But not just an auto racetrack. It should be dog and cat races too. Or maybe dog races and cat herding

Aside from the sims1 list, objects or fun stuff that we have floated or discussed (no particular order) : scriptable custom content (the most important imo), liar's dice, card games (cribbage, old maid, ???), trivia, tournament mode multi-player objects (e.g pizza team vs. pizza team), tournament builder/manager, job objects available and able to be re-skinned (e.g. factory conveyor belt might be useful for the race track), printing press and real newspapers, 'real' tvs (e.g. podcast) and radios (internet radio, standing playlist,...), extreme make over (e.g. change my head), clothes as objects (inventory, reskinning), architecture as objects (inventory, reskinning), mannequins, auction blocks, consignment blocks, for sale signs, calendar, new pets &amp; pet breeding &amp; pet mini-games, and more... including a pointy stick (by request). Many of these came directly or evolved from the game wiki - and there are even more suggestions there.

The priorities we hope to drive to (in order):
1 Entertainment
2 Social
3 Custom Content
4 Economy (objects, currency, skills)

It feels like we've made good progess on 3 &amp; 4 (we aren't done, there is more tweaking needed - refer to 20+ thread regarding 'pools'
) Now we need to double down on one 1 &amp; 2.

Regards
gk

G

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

Gads girl you got me excited for ealand.....first really good news I have heard....all the offline sims items? That could mean the sims2 makeup and hair cabinet....so hope so. Also all the sports stuff....Maybe we will have some down hill sking or maybe swimming in the ocean.....come on team work faster....we need a ray of sunlight in this dark hole we are in.....can u just give us one new item.....waiting waiting waiting

G

<blockquote><hr>

But not just an auto racetrack. It should be dog and cat races too. Or maybe dog races and cat herding

Aside from the sims1 list, objects or fun stuff that we have floated or discussed (no particular order) : scriptable custom content (the most important imo), liar's dice, card games (cribbage, old maid, ???), trivia, tournament mode multi-player objects (e.g pizza team vs. pizza team), tournament builder/manager, job objects available and able to be re-skinned (e.g. factory conveyor belt might be useful for the race track), printing press and real newspapers, 'real' tvs (e.g. podcast) and radios (internet radio, standing playlist,...), extreme make over (e.g. change my head), clothes as objects (inventory, reskinning), architecture as objects (inventory, reskinning), mannequins, auction blocks, consignment blocks, for sale signs, calendar, new pets &amp; pet breeding &amp; pet mini-games, and more... including a pointy stick (by request). Many of these came directly or evolved from the game wiki - and there are even more suggestions there.

The priorities we hope to drive to (in order):
1 Entertainment
2 Social
3 Custom Content

It feels like we've made good progess on 3 &amp; 4 (we aren't done, there is more tweaking needed - refer to 20+ thread regarding 'pools'
) Now we need to double down on one 1 &amp; 2.

Regards
gk

[/ QUOTE ]

Greg, quit that. Now I want to marry you and my husband will not understand in the slightest.

Plug and play trivia would be easyish, no? It's an historic player past-time, and being able to do it without having to have the player hand type questions would be really, really awesome.

Everything else on your list is awesome, too ... the trivia and simple card games or chess/checkers/connect 4 just jumped out as simpler than the rest :p

G

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

With expanding the bookmarks will Greg be able to give us the ability to write something about that avatar? I mean have you ever looked at an avatar and ask yourself, "Where do I klnow them from? Why did I bookmark them for?"

Just curious

T

TKSpeedy1

Greg,

Is there a time frame for when the new graphics will be put in place? Just asking so I know how long I have to find a new video card.
(At least I know what I'm looking for now...just gotta find a cheap one).

G

It seems you have your priorities in order. I am happy to see you posting.

Now I do not feel so bad about missing the TH meeting. All this info and no whining. Gotta love it.
tyvm

N

NightFlyer

..."The priorities we hope to drive to (in order):
1 Entertainment
2 Social
3 Custom Content

It feels like we've made good progess on 3 &amp; 4 (we aren't done, there is more tweaking needed - refer to 20+ thread regarding 'pools' ) Now we need to double down on one 1 &amp; 2."...

Seems you missed the order.

..."Now we need to double down on one 1 &amp; 2."...

Understatement of the year.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now we need to double down on one 1 &amp; 2.

[/ QUOTE ]
Amen to that, brother.

G

GregK

TKSpeedy1 asked "when is the new graphics coming?"

The new graphics is "Coming Soon..." Not a great answer. The exact date to remove DX7 is TBD.

Look for a "EA Land - test" or "EA Land - DX9" to show up as optional client in the next few updates.

After that we will release some feature in DX9 only (as DX7 likely doesn't support a required system feature).

Regards,
gk

B

brendagfrie

I really love those ideas gk is working on.....after all the frustration over the cap thing last night I am starting to feel better now.

I

imported_Qute Pi

Cool stuff Greg. Keep up the good work!
Too bad most of it is overlooked because everyone is frustrated by other problems (this includes myself).

I

imported_Imasim

OOOOOhh......Greg, you just made my day. This is exactly what I was asking at the townhall meeting. More fun...More fun. I get so tired to the current grind of work...work...work...skill...skill...skill. I have played this game off and on since Dec. 2002 (been a member all since then) and the reason it was off and on was that I would get so totally bored with only those two things for my simmy to do. I am not much of a social butterfly and only occasionally join in house chats, but I have on occasion really enjoyed watching the chat of the house. Some houses really try to entertain by having trivia or some such and that is fun, but for the most part it gets very mundane. I have longed for the day when the online version would become more like the offline in its ability to change and entertain not only the operator, but the simmy being operated.

***dreaming ahead*** vacations to beautiful paradise islands or snowy ski lodges....theme parks with daring rides and camp grounds with archery, log rolls, horseriding, and much much more.

Thank you so much for answering my pleas for more fun.

Imasim

G

I think this is all very exciting.

basically this game has come so far since the new team was set to focus. Unfortunately, I think that since most of the recent work has been to get everything situated we don't see as much of the results on our end. So when fun stuff is introduced that is going to effect/change the way we play... we'll all be a lot better off for it.

I always wanted to start a dog track in TC and never did. Of course all the games would be fixed so I would win. But w/e.

Really looking forward to the new stuff. Oy the anticipation.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Cannon races !!!!!!

And they have to be able to reverse

Polly

I

imported_Calina.Rhiannon

<blockquote><hr>

Polly

[/ QUOTE ]

That'll be great! I own a money house that I haven't opened yet, but I would LOVE to open up a romance house! I already have the blueprints done:) So exciting!

G

These all are great ideas, and I hope to see them come to into the game soon

All tho im wondering on thing:
<blockquote><hr>

Use of floortiles to set permissions so that other (non roomie) players can set out items on the floor tiles on your lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why on earth would we want other ppl to change the floor tile? hehe

- Toby