• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A Fond Farewell to Siege

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Ginsu-SP

Well.......... it's been great people!

I've been playing this server off and on since it's birth. Siege is by far the best
UO server there is. It's the people that play on Siege that make it different.
I suppose that sounds a bit cliche... when you make friends on ANY server
it seems like a good place, and it makes it hard to leave.

My reason for leaving is basic dissatisfaction with UO. I'm not going to turn this
into a long list of complaints.... I don't believe that would do any good.

I do want to say some thank yous, and make a few apologies though;

To Py Lethius.... thank you so much for helping to keep the magic in the game
for so much longer than it would have been without you. My time in KSS was the
best time of my 7+ year run in this game.

To Raziel of KRT.... thank you for your help, and friendship.

To Kelmo.... thank you also for your wisdom, and friendship.

To Severina.... thank you for your friendship, and your patience, always taking
time to listen to my hairbrained ideas, or my latest whine.

To Mjolniraa.... thank you for your friendship, and also your patient ear. You
lend poetry to my life and I am grateful.

To anyone associated with my "Amity Experiment".... my most sincere apologies
for acting rashly, and with insensitivity.

For my mates in H*G... Sanji, Vaype, Kat, Mesteoic, Grenier.... my biggest apology,
I regret starting a guild and then making this decision so soon afterward. I wish
you the best as you go forward. You guys are an awesome group and deserve a
guild leader who is excited about UO.

To everyone else....... thanks for the fun fights, and good luck!

Cheers!

Coy/Ginsu/Aeric Horn H*G/KIN/KSS

M

Mandolin

Uggghh.. Coy.. come back soon.. ok?

I know.. wasted breath.. but its worth a try. I've enjoyed knowing you and hope that you'll change your mind down the road.

R

Rykus

Im genuinely sorry to see you go. I do hope that this turns into more of a vacation than a permanent departure.

In either case, take care and best wishes.

G

I've sat here searching for the words to express how I feel about this. But, the words just dont measure up to the sadness that I feel about you leaving Siege.

You have been my friend for over a year now. We've had our share of disagreements and the short period where we werent speaking to one another. But true friendships overcome those things.
lol, Actually I think you and I disagree and argue more often than not, but thats the nature of our friendship - and in the end, we learn from one another.

Although I have no doubt that you and I will keep in touch - and that you will still tell me your *hairbrained ideas* (j/k!!!) in regards to the new lands you are exploring; I will miss you on Siege... I will miss knowing you are part of the same little virtual world as I am.

Live Free, my friend.
*bows*

Severina

G

Ginsu,

You are one of those rare people with vision... it has been, and always will be my great honor to name you my friend. This is not goodbye for us of course, merely a farewell from these lands.

The name Aeric Horn might not be registered in the scrolls any more, but I will continue to ensure his spirit is done honor in the way his legacy survives. Every time he rides out, he will remember how he came to be.

Spiritus Indomitus! Live free and live well!

*salutes*

G

Ginsu,

thank you for your help when I was fairly new to these lands - it was greatly appreciated. Amity's fall was sad, but I have not heard a word of anger against you in relation to that. (of course, I might just not have been listening in the right taverns!)

However, your spirit is bound to these lands. You have tried to leave before, always meaning never to look back. Yet, here you are again. I truly hope that this time is no different to the others, and you will be found walking the streets of Siege once more, at some point in the coming days and years.

Still, in case you are not seen again, be safe, and may blessings always fall where your feet tread.

G

Aeric (I'll use that name since that is the character I associated with you most),

You speak of Py's vision, which I won't dispute, but based on my experiences, I will say that you have a talent for surrounding yourself with exceptional people to support your own visions. If not for meeting you, my second week on Siege, I might not have the wonderful circle of game friends that I do now: Sevi, Kiera, Blind Otto, Chenonceau, Py and company, and others, and if you had not started the KIN experiment, with the player run community of Amity, I may have never met, and acquired the best friend of all: Castor. For all of that, I am grateful. You and I made our peace regarding what followed, when you left last year, and it is water under the bridge. If this is in fact a final goodbye, I wish you contentment, in any new pursuits that catch your fancy.

As for your latest UO project, the few members of H*G I have met, also seem like fine people, and I hope they make a go of the new clan, enjoying each other's company, and making something of it for themselves.

All the best,

-Skylark

I

imported_Felinious-CWS

Farewell, was an honor fighting along side of you in many a battle, good luck in the future.

Fel

*stealths back into the forest for a few more days*

A

Arden

another siege vet leaves :( when are devs gonna throw us some attention

G

Goodah

Good luck and good fortunes to you in every endeavor.

*bows respectfully*
*raises a bottle of ale*

G

*sighs* Step away if you must, Brother. Just do not give or sell your things just yet. You are a gifted leader. I will miss you. As will many. Farewell, I hope the winds of change will blow and bring many back.

K

Kat SP

I'm having so many mixed feelings about this, I don't know where to start.

I haven't been on Siege very long, but I was fortunate enough to find my way to H*G. I jumped in head first and you helped and guided me in every way possible. That's not something I'll ever forget. I had high hopes for H*G and I have enjoyed our group beyond words.

I don't know or understand why you're leaving and I sure hate to see you go. I've watched many many friends leave over the years and your leaving is just as painful. For me, this is the most suckass part of UO! This is the same reason I don't want to live to be a hundred. What fun is it to live that long, only to watch all your friends leave?

Be well my friend.

Kat, McElstrom Raveness, H*G

*Salutes her parting leader*

K

Kat SP

It's all that wood chopping I made you do isn't it? I've never known a guy with so much WOOD!

G

Kat, stick with it. Know that we of Iantown will do all we can to support your community. Let me know what I can do. It will be done.

G

The same goes for Wintermoor. Ginsu's ideas have always been close to my heart, and I would be glad to do whatever I can.

S

Sanji

Well, I have already said so much in our private messages that I'm not sure what more I can or need to say here in this format. However, I believe it would be a mistake to not at least pay homage to your friendship, leadership, and vision for UO in a public setting. My first day on Siege you took hold of me and began to teach what Siege is all about; and from what I have seen in other posts on this thread, I am not the first. So while you might no longer have a physical presence in Siege, your fingerprints of influence and how they affect my play, and othes, will continue as a testament to your leadership on this shard.

As I have said before, I hate to see you go; but I know each must choose and follow his own path. I wish nothing but the best for you in your future endeavors.

Live Free Friend.......

G

Kat - I made him chop wood too. >.< So you are not carrying all the burden of his leaving!! Although I doubt the lumberjacking had anything to do with his decision.

I just wanted to remind everyone in H*G that you have friends in CRG and we support you too. Keep in touch with us, please.

Hang in there and dont give up on Siege, this is your home.

G

We have spoken in other venues, I wish you well. I will miss you, I am still here for a long chat.

Thank you for being a good friend. My thoughts are with you. *hugs*

P.S.

Like others have said don't get rid of everthing just yet...just keep your armor well oiled and your quiver full, as there are still monsters to slay and roads to ride.

T

Tark_Smash

It was great playing with you Coy, I hope you find your way back to us someday. Siege is the only Semi-real UO left, and seems to be the final stop in the game for most people. I had a great time in H*G and think you did a great job with it while it lasted, I just wish we could have made your dream happen.
If you do come back (and im still playing) I'll be there for you buddy.

Peace,

Vaype/Morbius

K

Kat SP

On behalf of my guildmates, many thanks to Kelmo/Iantown, Py Lethius/Wintermoore and Fabienne of CRG. Thank you for your kind words and show of support. The sentiments and encouragement are much appreciated.

The guild formerly known as H*G [heh, love that phrase] is now [TnT]. Actually H*G still exists, but all active members have made the move to the newly formed guild. We're regrouping, adding some new members and getting our ducks in a row so to speak. Shad is our new guild leader and we look forward to introducing ourselves and becoming part of the community.

Thanks again to all for the kind words and show of support,

Kat [TnT]

M

Mandolin

While I hate to see H*G dissapear.. I'm glad you guys are reorganizing.. and making something productive out of this loss to Siege. Kudos.

G

Ginsu-SP

Thank you Tigsalot for ressing a year old post.

It's true, I can't stay away from the game.

You can't either apparently....

But I can think of 1,000,000 things better to do than filtering through year old
posts looking for things to dredge up.

Kinda sad really... must be raining at your house too!

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.