• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

a fix for tamer harrasment

S

Saris

I leid one more rant though its more a suggestion I wanted to run by the peeps here before going any further

so if some one has a fresh tame say less than 24 hours, if the leave the pet in a diff sever area or log out for more than 10 min with out stabling the pet it should go wild very quickly.

Why I have to wait 12 hours for a fresh tame someone is just using to keep other tamers from taming? should be ike 10 min tops.

If you tamed a creature, and wanted to keep it, would you leave it in another sever area or log out? I think not.

this game mechanic is being used for harrasment pure and simple.

A

Altec

I don't think it is harrasment them taming a creature and leaving it there. you kind of seem like the boy who cries wolf all the time.
This is the problem with trammies u all cry about stupid things and think u own every type of creature spawn area u go to.In fel it is simple u don't like what someone is doing u kill them and move on and u can own a spawn area as long as u can stay alive.
A nice thing about fel is if u kill someone scripting taming they still chase the animals as a ghost and u can call gms on them.

K

Kiminality

I don't think it is harrasment them taming a creature and leaving it there. you kind of seem like the boy who cries wolf all the time.
This is the problem with trammies u all cry about stupid things and think u own every type of creature spawn area u go to.In fel it is simple u don't like what someone is doing u kill them and move on and u can own a spawn area as long as u can stay alive.
A nice thing about fel is if u kill someone scripting taming they still chase the animals as a ghost and u can call gms on them.
This post is fascinating in a few ways.
Without arguing the PvP solution, or anything else...
Aside from a lack of commas, the post is actually well written. Good spelling, and aside from the aforementioned commas, good punctuation.
The interesting part is the "u" in place of every "you". It's delightfully eccentric, to me.

On topic: Stop whining, Saris, seriously...

S

Saris

um sure you can all go to hell, I think my idea is good, you missing the point.

If you tame a creature then leave in the same zone on purpose to stop someone from training you are violating terms of service.

no room for argument, i never said I owned the animal, you dont even own your char, so if you want to flame me unreasonable go ahead

but you can still suck my big giant e peen :p

No single person from the hours of 10am C- to 5pm was able to tame a bull in the pits. I went on real quick to get my ggs no biggy, however if you got to **** with scripters, all I ammm saying is dont mess it up for everyone else.

you dont own them neither prick.

so keep calling me names, you guys all have way ****ing more posts than me so,,, I suppose you got to get them counts up with **** like QQ or comparing me to the kid in a ****ing nursery story to get your rocks off.

Realy no thinks its bad to **** with ppl in tram, realy?

karma is a pancake though

S

Saris

also beofre I get worked up, It did not affect me, but its wrong becuase, why on earth would I train a skill in fel, are you stupid, also no one is in fel you minority ass.

also dont be rime with hunt, read the post and see how it would hurt your game style?

ooo would it nerf the abilty to **** with noobs?

thats the point, you want to **** yoursel in fel go right ahead, if I want to train in peace in tram its my right.

IF the idea that my OP states is flawed by all means shoot it down, if you just want to talk **** then go suck off a shotgun for me.,

you suxxor cuase you train taming in tram like 99.9999 of ppl who play the game, blah blah

K

Kiminality

also beofre I get worked up,
Sounds kind of like you're past that point.

The reason it works the way it does, is because the spawn system will only spawn so many of a creature at one time.
So, if I remember rightly, it's 4 bulls.
Someone tames 4 bulls, and leaves them in the area,
The 4 bulls the spawner spawned are still there, so it won't spawn more.
That is integral to the spawn system, and performing any changes is going to have knock-on effects. The idea might be a good one, I'm not going to judge, but fixing something is never as simple as "just fixing it".

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are SO MANY places in UO where bulls are plentiful. Stop being a complete newb and walk around a bit. Also, quit crying.

And holy ****, Kimi is so right about that avatar.

S

Saris

ok sorry but its like this. I regularly talk and help noobs at theat very spot, I only needed my ggs, after all theese years im not gonna grind out some taming on bulls. However since I have been back, I have see more harrasment and BS in game than ever before, it sickens me.

its realy bad sometimes, I have been back less than 2 weeks and I have seen more blatant harrasment and BS in two weeks than since tram.

mainly its aran that got me started though in another trhead "ppl that bust out a post that is just QQ are the most ******** ****heads of all, QQ is soooooo GAY stop plz

but I dont think this change would hurt any legit player if it would work properly, back OT. I think the game should know if the creature is tamed or not, if tamed it should reset the spawn in a few min, regaurdless of the tame
realy whats the harm and if you leeve a pet out in a server area by itself its loyalty should drop hell fast if its a fresh tame.

Just think it would not affect a legit players gameplay, I DO however dobt EA's ability to change it without screwing something up. so I give up, have fun in game., all even you aran :p

L

Limlight

also no one is in fel
??
Huh
??

Which Fel you in?

I was just in a 40 man battle royale in fel the other day on atlantic.

Also...to this topic...Negative Nelly is Negative.

I get what you are saying, but I dont see how what they are doing is bad.
Theres tram and fel...and here on Atlantic...theres always someone in the Jhelom Farms and if they did it on Fel...you can just kill the bull.

M

MoneyMaker

A bit of advice, if you post in Spiels & Rants, you can expect a rant to be aimed right back at you.
2. Getting worked up and cursing another person who "Trashed" on your post........not really mature.
3. If someone is taming and leaving animals (in this case bulls) in their original spawn area, and then logging out, should result in the animals being stabled. (although I am sure that there is a way around it)
4. If #3 is still a problem and you are in fact a tamer, go tame a hellcat or something and release it in the area. The tamed bull dies and starts respawning, you kill the hellcat, everyone is happy.
5. If you can't use #4 then may I suggest exploring the many facets of UO. Bulls spawn in many, many places. Delucia, outside the gate, for example.

Just because one person is being a arse does not mean that you can not make the best of it.
As for fel being abandoned? well if its abandoned then there should be no problem for you to tame bulls there. No one to interfere with you then. If you are a tride and blue trammy, you still have 4 other facets (besides tram) you can tame on. (3 of which have bulls)
Take my advice as you will. Freely given.

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you are just going for 1 ggs a day you can tame anything to get that 1 ggs for that day. i do it all the time. I got one taming a chicken lol taming is at 115. If you want more gains then the ggs go to dagger island and tame things there. It is a hot spot for taming gains.

S

Saris

lol once agian it was never about my taming, its a spot new chars go to train as well, what I cant get **** defending others, when your pretty selfless it all you can do. It never had anything to do with fel.

anyway not that you care guys :p

but my apt burned down yesterday and the red cross has me in a hotel, as it stands right now ill be homeless in a day and a half.

If my land lord sees fit to provide another apt, i still have to get my internet transfered, so you prob wont have to worry about me posting for a few days lol

damn and right as the events kick off, I always seem to find a way to miss the events in this game

see you in a few days hopefully

Lady Michelle

Sprite Full SP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
lol once agian it was never about my taming, its a spot new chars go to train as well, what I cant get **** defending others, when your pretty selfless it all you can do. It never had anything to do with fel.

but my apt burned down yesterday and the red cross has me in a hotel, as it stands right now ill be homeless in a day and a half.

If my land lord sees fit to provide another apt, i still have to get my internet transfered, so you prob wont have to worry about me posting for a few days lol

damn and right as the events kick off, I always seem to find a way to miss the events in this game

I think I get what your saying now. A tamer is taming the bulls keeping others from taming them to work other skills on them. I thought the ggs gain you wanted was for taming. :p

mbraud4

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why dont you stop being a tool and go tame in fel pits? Kill his bulls he tames and leaves, problem solved, no? Of course this involved growing a sack and going where people dont cry about idiotic things like this...with risk comes reward...I believe thats how the game was originally...till too many crybabies wanted a safe place, now enjoy your safe place where u cant get ur gains b/c someone is grieving you. Lawls

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Dig a hobbit hole.

W

walletinspector

I think for someone to grief in that matter (taming a bull and not removing it from the server) is intentional, thus isn't that against TOS? This is just another way of working game mechanics to interfere with another's game play. What instances would warrant such behavior?

When I was a new tamer, I spent hours on ice island but after dying too many times to spawn I asked around for where to go to train that would be less hectic and where I did not have to worry about dying a lot. Everyone I asked said the bull pens in Jhelom. Unfortunately on my shard, Showcase likes to tame them and move them onto boats within the server so they don't respawn. He does this in fel and tram. And yes I killed him in fel as often as I could.

Yes, there are other spots to train taming. Tram Delucia is a nice spot but sometimes the bulls get caught up in the mess of trees. And on my shard, Showcase likes to go there and kill them as you try to tame them. (So how is this not griefing again?)

Sometimes players want to train in peace. And sometimes players like working on a skill for a couple of hours at a time and not just for the GGS for the day. Certain players are going to keep griefing in this manner simply because they can and there's nothing anyone can do about it.

JoO

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I actually recently made a tamer 50-110 95% in fel. Lots of good places to tame there with nice fast respawns. Also a pleasant lack of drama queens like the op, hope the next bull you tame gores your clinched sphincter.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose I'll mention this here too.

Saris, it is me that is taming those bulls. I am role playing a Shepard and I need to protect my herd. Please stop relentlessly taming, releasing, and killing my bulls.

S

Saris

wow you win Lady Michelle.

everyone else though has 0 IQ

congrats

well anyway how come everytime you have a prob in game, its always go to fel blah blah blah

how do you even know what i do, you dont know all my chars. If UO would not have split into 2 shards, you would have 4k ppl left, may I suggest halo 3, unreal tourny? call of duty
a game ment for ummm peeee veeee peeeee

i would probly roxxor most of your dumbass anyway:bored:

S

Saris

oh your one to talk, you lurk around forums to rag on folks, i did that in chat rooms when I was 14, im past that, so I am sure you will grow up one day boy.

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just because I happen to occasionally find people worthy of my scorn (You) doesn't mean that's all I do.

M

MoneyMaker

i would probly roxxor most of your dumbass anyway:bored:
This coming from an individual who won't even go to fel? Come on, try me.... I could mack your arse with a herder. No other skill, just herding.

As for your comment about other games that are meant for PvP, wake the hell up. UO was originally all PvP, there was no tram there was no harassment, there was kill or be killed, problem solved.

As for your taming problems, If you are calling this person who is supposedly using them for something, a person who is harassing you, then the same could be said for your actions. Face it! This game is about interaction between people online, hence the abbrev. MMORPG. If we really want to get nit-picky I could say that since I saw another person in the game that they were interfering with my game play.
If the game is too much for you (or anyone else with this lack of...... intelligent complaints) then quit. It was going before you started and it will probably continue to run after your gone.
If you want to insult other people on the boards, you can expect it returned 100 fold. By the way, come up with better insults than what what my niece would use. At least she has the excuse of being 7 yrs old. Heck, my 15 yr old has better material.

K

Kiminality

As for your comment about other games that are meant for PvP, wake the hell up. UO was originally all PvP, there was no tram there was no harassment, there was kill or be killed, problem solved.
That's an irony, really.
UO is/was considered a true PvP game, although the original design was made with the (wrong) assumption that PvP would be a niche.
One of many options, PvP/PvM/Crafting/RP and so on.
The other games listed are not really comparable to an MMORPG, due to limited character development and persistence. So while they are PvP games, suggesting that they are directly comparable to PvP in an MMORPG is flawed in oh-so-many ways.

C

Capt.E

Umm, although I'm kickin' myself for helping someone who sounds like they don't deserve it... Here are my words of wisdom, tame a negative karma animal that is slightly stronger than whatever blue animals are there and release it. Viola... Dead blue animals. I have found that a little creative brainpower can work wonders.

S

Saris

exept that realsing a pet so it will attack a blue pet, is agaist the tos in tram.
but thanks for trying to help i suppose.

I used to stay in fel, btw, my house was in compassion desert, why? Cuase I played back when we were on sosaria not its friggin moon.

However, after factions came out, lets just say I burned out and am for the most part retired.

I used to even do tornys and with my pvm templates ive never turned down a duel.

Talk all you want, but calling UO a pvp game is ********, its about freedom, or the closets ive yet to find to a living world LB himself would slap you for calling UO a pvp game, the man hated reds. HE also punished them.

so while this freedom give you the power to be a ****, tram is differnt.

You are not sopposed to interfere with another freedom in tram.

by the way I had a rank 10 faction char not long ago btw.....Boring:sleep2:

made rank 10 in one day, the new faction artis are about the most stupid thing I have seen in UO minus pub 16.

yep realy it comes down to the fact this post had 0 to do with pvp, but it brings up another point, I get along with folks in game. If I lived for pvp only I would spend my time deaing with folks like in this thread.

RPPVP rock on but if you just get all stupid inside cuase you killed my pixel, then do like I did and go to war, maybey you get lucky and see some PEEVEEPEE.

Oh last time though, post was not about me or fel, it was about a way to stop greifers IN TRAM that tame animals then hide them in the same sever to keep them from respawning. That is and always will be bull****, its using code build into the game to take someones freedom away in tram.

Any way im sure ill get back into pvp by the time UO gets laser guns.

S

Saris

or wut? you gonna flame me? OOOooo

or do you feel the need to get the last word in on a post i started.

It made my day to hear I was worthy of your scorn.

also your mom, :thumbsup:

S

Saris

must be related to a certain seinor devleoper

but your moms to late,