• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A few things about this game....

Draxous

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why...

Do houses have invisible force fields around them that people cannot enter? Its not like people can't make their houses safe or ban/remove people who break in?

-

Do corpses that I did not kill, in Feluccan rulesets give me the message "you do not have the right to loot this corpse" - Why can't I loot the corpse and go criminal in doing so? Player Justice...? Hello?

-

am I unable to perform beneficial acts towards a guildmate or alliancemate that I am sparring with? If I kill this person... I can't res them?

why?

R

Revenant2

Why...

Do houses have invisible force fields around them that people cannot enter? Its not like people can't make their houses safe or ban/remove people who break in?

-

Do corpses that I did not kill, in Feluccan rulesets give me the message "you do not have the right to loot this corpse" - Why can't I loot the corpse and go criminal in doing so? Player Justice...? Hello?

-

am I unable to perform beneficial acts towards a guildmate or alliancemate that I am sparring with? If I kill this person... I can't res them?

why?
I played back in 1998 and in that time none of this stuff existed. Today, my house is in Felucca and I have a mix of reds and blues.

The stuff with houses fights off a whole bunch of ways people could basically cheat and get into your house to either kill you or steal your stuff. Without those protections, if things went wrong, people would overrun your house as your ghost ran around helpless to do anything. Imagine a stealther coming in behind you as you walk in your door or, really, anyone coming in behind you and then hiding in your house.

Way back when, going into your house was a big deal. You wanted almost nobody to know where you lived because of the bad problems that could develop. When you got home, you ran to your house steps like a scared cat and closed the door behind you quickly. I'm glad things are better now with this, I didn't like things like that.

On the loot stuff, I don't know when that went in, exactly (if it was before the Fel/Tram split, or after). The loot system does work identically in Tram and Fel, but from an expressly Fel perspective, I like the way it has worked out.

First off, it's an entire system where the people who have killed the monster get their own little groups of loot. Secondly, if some lame tard comes up and kills you (perhaps before you've healed up) right after you've killed a monster with the hopes of looting the monster, he can do it. He just has to wait 2 minutes or however long it is for the corpse to become "public". The allnames on the corpse will change from blue to grey at that point and anyone can access all of the loot.

If the idea is that Lame Tard should be able to kill the guy, run up and loot the monster quickly, and then run away before his friends come to help, in this situation I like that there's a wait period involved because that sort of thing is lame. It's nicer to require the killer to wipe out or chase away the whole party if he wants the monster loot.

(like anyone who PKs you cares about monster loot these days, but anyway)

The bene acts involving guildmates does sound strange? In fact, I had never noticed bene acts problems on guildmates before? I wonder if this is a new bug-like thing.