• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

A few questions. Answers?

• Thread starter KoolAidAddict
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
K

KoolAidAddict

1. Why is spirit speak interruptable as a way of healing?

2. Why does wrestling do such lame damage without tactics when all the other combat skills with no tacs do so much more, including using a mage wep? The "required" dex is the same for swing speed, the skill cap is the same, so why such lame damage?

3. Why does magery spells using garlic (yes I know the vampire "allergy" ) hurt in vampire form, yet the "opposite" skill to necro, chivalry, is perfectly fine to use on a necro / vamp template for heals, cure, etc? And "curse" is a magery spell, yet no magery spell for removing it, gotta have chiv?:twak:

4. While were at it, why does casting heal, using garlic, hurt the necro, yet using a heal pot, that doesnt require garlic to make (go figure) not hurt?

5. Why is there no way to res from the necro skill ? I mean, I can raise the undead, why not res the undead?:coco:

6. Why not change "wrestling" to "hand to hand" combat, and introduce something like brass knuckles? They would have a special move of bleeding, hehe!

7. When is the casting bug going to be fixed? The one that speaks the words, goes thru the motion, yet just sits there not taking mana or actually activating the spell?:confused:

8. Theres still many OSI idocs. I know I reported em on atlantic. Whats up?

9. When are bards gettin some love?
A bard wep? (for gods sake dont say "fire horn")
Our own songs?
OPTION to hold the instrument?
Something "for" bards that has LRC?
LMC?
MR?
A "bard" suit, maybe?
I mean, 480 skill points , plus magery and eval and Im tapped out on points. Mana regen.....hello??!!

10. The passive JoaT revealing of my 200 point skilled stealther is still hosed. Thought this was gonna be fixed?:confused:

11. Fishing needs some loot love. On the "table"?

12. Tr hunting maps need lots of loot love. On the table?

13. Revert the BoS "fix" or lighten the weight of gold?

14. Broke 32 lockpicks on my gm picker opening one miasma chest. Tad bit too borked?

15. Got a bracelet off a corpse. It had one mod......ONE luck!! Whats the point? :twak:

That is all.........................for now.:thumbsup:

Y

Yalp

excellent questions.. great post.. all of them worthy of some FoF dedication.. but.. I suspect I will be waiting quite some time to see your list fully addressed.

K

Kiminality

1.) Probably the same reason lots of other spells are interruptable... Balance...

2.) Wrestling is primarily used as a defensive weapon skill, for mages. Although I'm rather a fan of the undisarmable disarm/para specials.

3.) Design oversights, probably.

4.) See 3 ;)

5.) Necromancers are all about messing with the dead, and you can't mess with the dead if you make them not-dead.

6.) I agree. I'd personally like to see a little life put into unarmed combat.

7.) Never heard of it, before :/

8.) I think patience is the major unimplemented virtue. As I understand it, they need to give the OSI houses a swift, manual kick.

9.) 480 points, and you've got some power under your belt. I'm not saying bard additions would be bad, but I don't want to see bards becoming the new tamer (ie. "Nerf bards!!!11")

10.) The passive reveal is annoying. However, that's only within a few tiles of a player. Keep a distance, and they'll hardly know you're there.

11 & 12.) Loot needs some loot love ;)

13.) I rather like the BoS "fix". However, I'll agree that the weight of the primary currency of the land should probably fall under the banner of "required loot fix"

14.) Lockpicks are easy enough to come by/make. I rather like that GM lockpicking isn't 100%-to-pick-any-lock.

15.) Loot revamp, tbh.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's a spell of sorts.

Every other means of healing is so, to one degree or another.

Every try to suck the life force out of a corpse and get bashed in the head with a mace at the same time? Take it from me, it's a pain in the ass.

2. Why does wrestling do such lame damage without tactics when all the other combat skills with no tacs do so much more, including using a mage wep? The "required" dex is the same for swing speed, the skill cap is the same, so why such lame damage?

Ever been stabbed in the eye with a sword? Ever been punched in the eye with a fist?

3. Why does magery spells using garlic (yes I know the vampire "allergy" ) hurt in vampire form, yet the "opposite" skill to necro, chivalry, is perfectly fine to use on a necro / vamp template for heals, cure, etc? And "curse" is a magery spell, yet no magery spell for removing it, gotta have chiv?

I've heard that Bless can basically nullify the effect of Curse. In fact someone saying "bless me" could mean Remove Curse, or could mean Bless.

I don't get the Chiv/Vampire question honestly....Fantasy is full of "good guy" vampires. Chiv spells don't require garlic, hence no "allergy." Chiv spells are about faith.

Why are reds allowed to use Chiv at all?

4. While were at it, why does casting heal, using garlic, hurt the necro, yet using a heal pot, that doesnt require garlic to make (go figure) not hurt?

They screwed up, and should make this change, but there's a lot of other things to do first.

Also, people would cry on these boards, and others would support them.

5. Why is there no way to res from the necro skill ? I mean, I can raise the undead, why not res the undead?

Resurrection is about life. Necromancy is about death. It's about aggression, hate, malice.

Doesn't the idea of bringing life from magic that's about death sounds paradoxical?

6. Why not change "wrestling" to "hand to hand" combat, and introduce something like brass knuckles? They would have a special move of bleeding, hehe!

This isn't a question, it's a request.

7. When is the casting bug going to be fixed? The one that speaks the words, goes thru the motion, yet just sits there not taking mana or actually activating the spell?

11+ year old MMOs, of which there is only one, will always have bugs.

8. Theres still many OSI idocs. I know I reported em on atlantic. Whats up?

I forget when they said they'd do something.

9. When are bards gettin some love?
A bard wep? (for gods sake dont say "fire horn")
Our own songs?
OPTION to hold the instrument?
Something "for" bards that has LRC?
LMC?
MR?
A "bard" suit, maybe?
I mean, 480 skill points , plus magery and eval and Im tapped out on points. Mana regen.....hello??!!

Bards can solo a lot of high-end s__t. That's not enough?

10. The passive JoaT revealing of my 200 point skilled stealther is still hosed. Thought this was gonna be fixed?

I don't know about this one.

11. Fishing needs some loot love. On the "table"?

Sure, but so do a lot of other things. On the plus side, that Anchor is a real money-maker.

12. Tr hunting maps need lots of loot love. On the table?

Sure, but so do a lot of other things. On the plus side...Well, what's t-hunt only? Is Captain Q's Cutlass (an under-rated but still not good wep) t-hunt only?

So more people can complain about too much gold.

14. Broke 32 lockpicks on my gm picker opening one miasma chest. Tad bit too borked?

No idea on this one.

15. Got a bracelet off a corpse. It had one mod......ONE luck!! Whats the point?

Um. What corpse was it?

I agree with better loot for sure, but if they push it too far, which is very easy to do....Well, people will cry.

-Galen's player

K

KoolAidAddict

Kiminality........

1. But with protection cast, GrHeal is not interruptable. And with max fc/fcr the chiv spell is pert near uninterruptable. And well, spirit speak is a skill, not a spell.
Shouldnt it be onlypartially interruptable, like healing skill, or fc/fcr affectable?

2. Dont care what "primarily" the skill is used for. Balance, as stated above, would demand it be more damaging based on the other combat skill damages, No?
Primarily, as a defensive mage, eval and anat is used. No need for dex.
Primarily, for a mage, a zero mage wep is used, basing its damage on the magery skill, no need to waste 120 points on wrestling. And it does a ton more damage, like 20 or more to 1 based on 120 wrestling vs 120 magery using the staff of pyros.

5. Can raise dead with raise dead necro spell. Make it work on players.

480 points, and you've got some power under your belt
Some.
Yep.
Still lookin for some love.
But its cool that your uhhh worried? about us bards becoming tamers. hehehe
Im just askin for some love, not some godliness.
I mean, im not asking for a greater dragon equivallent flute!
Or a mage weapon that takes away zero magery.
Or balanced bows so I can suck pots simultaneously.
Etc etc etc.
Nope, not asking for the godliness that these got, just some love.
Like a bard weapon that uses the 480 points to generate its damage output, that does NOT use regs. None of the bard skills uses regs, that was some dumb decision making there. And either make em in several types, cold, fire, etc, or make em slayers.
Then I dont NEED magery and eval to actually kill something.

10. Say what? Keep distance? hehe.
Hows a sneaker attack someone with a dex wep from a distance of what did you say......a few tiles?
Nah, Im gonna have to go ahead and ask for this to be fixed, as they promised.

13. Perhaps when you get X amount of gold, it can change into a larger, less weighty, currency, like 10k of gold = 1 10k medallion weighing half what 10k of gold does?

14. I didnt ask for 100% but its mad borked to need 32 picks for one chest. What, ya think, should GRANDmaster lockpicker mean? hehe
Should you fail to cast a spell 32 times at gm?
Fail at saying "all kill" 32 times?
Anything else 32 times at gm?
That would be acceptable?
Not to me.

Thanks for your input. :thumbsup:

Bomb Bloke

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might as well ask why being hit while meditating snaps you out of the trance.

5. Why is there no way to res from the necro skill ? I mean, I can raise the undead, why not res the undead?:coco:
See, the thing about raising the undead is... They're still technically dead. Mindless undead at that. As opposed to "alive".

Are you saying we should be able to turn player corpses into mindless minions? Well, that would be kinda cool I suppose.

7. When is the casting bug going to be fixed? The one that speaks the words, goes thru the motion, yet just sits there not taking mana or actually activating the spell?:confused:
This does happen to me on rare occasion. I always thought it was an anti-script measure.

10. The passive JoaT revealing of my 200 point skilled stealther is still hosed. Thought this was gonna be fixed?:confused:
Um, what's JoaT?

Elves have a bit of a bonus when it comes to revealing nearby players. Still, without real skill they really shouldn't be able to do it just by coming in close contact with a capped out stealther.

You know their reason for "fixing" the bags - There's too much gold in the game, and they want to curb the inflation.

What's your reason for reverting?

I had over 6000 lockpicks by the time I finished training tinkering up. Inherited just as much off a leaving player, leaving me with ~12000 picks.

Ask around your guild, there's bound to be someone who can spare you a packhorse full.

Mind you, I don't think I've ever broken more then 5 picks on those things.

S

Sheridan

Um, what's JoaT?

Elves have a bit of a bonus when it comes to revealing nearby players. Still, without real skill they really shouldn't be able to do it just by coming in close contact with a capped out stealther.
JoaT = Jack of all Trades. This refers to the bonus humans get that gives them a basic ability (20 skill, I believe) in all skills, even untrained ones.

J

Jhym

5. well, BECAUSE. Actually it doesn't make sense you could keep bringing back a corpse over and over. eventually your magic has to eat away at it until it's dust. However, I admit it would be nice to be able to start from a high-level nasty and create undead one or two times before it gets to patch-work skeleton stage.

6. I think they should revamp the skill and let your damage increase immensely the higher your level. With flying kicks and slow-motion super strikes. Kung fu, baby.

9. Us bards are pretty powerful even with our skill limitations. I do want further magical instruments though, and possibly a few bard weapons. However, I don't want any other restrictions. There should be no creatures un-bardable. By that I mean one or more of our skills should work on every creature regardless. However, that could mean only provoking onto certain things, or only discord working, whatever. But a 4x120 bard should pretty much be able to bard everything with a few chances at it.

10. Donno, I do ok, but I'm still training up though.
11,12. *shrug*
13. Just have creatures start carrying gems more than gold, problem fixed.
14. yes, that happens. Most people would stop after about 10 though. :wall:
15. Maybe that creature was very very happy it had found that one magic item in all its travels. Maybe it had worked for months and finally managed to get it. Perhaps its father had handed that bracelet down many generations so that it could carry it proudly as a sign of its heritage. You just spat on hundreds of generations of monster heritage. Shame on you!!