• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] A Few Imbuing Questions

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So, if you looted a leather tunic, with mediocre resists, can you increase those resists to maximum with imbuing? Can you also add mods to it, like defense chance, hit point regen? What if you made your own barbed leather armor and wanted to increase intensities on it and also add mods, is that possible with imbuing? Also, is blacksmithing a required skill to enhance a leather item?

Fizzleton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I try to answer some questions though I am most certainly not a crafter:

- enhancing leather items: All enhancing of items just relies to the skill that is needed to produce them. So if an item is created using blacksmithing, you need blacksmithing to enhance the item. Leather items (= leather armor) is made by tailoring, so you just need tailoring to enhance the item
- Yes, you can add mods to an item as long as you are not trying to get more mods on it than 5 AND are not trying to add mods that are not allowend on that item AND you are not overcapping the intensity of the item OR the mod. Giving an example: You craft an exceptional leather glove (no runic crafting, plain gm made excep glove) of normal leather. You now can add up to 5 mods to that armor. Each mod will come with a certain intensity (adding + 20 lower reagent cost is more intensity than just adding + 10 lower reagent cost). The overall cap of intensity for an excep item = 550. PLZ refer to pages on uo com or uo guide to learn more about these mechanics. You will also get a list there what type of mod you can add to a certain item.
- Imbuing armor/weapons made of special material: I am not certain, but enhancing with a material or crafting with a material will result in adding mods/adding intensity. There might therefore be still room for imbuing, but I am not sure if this is correct. So you always try to imbue first, enhancing is the last step (and you will need a forged tool to do so since otherwise the item always will break).

Kind regards, Fizzle

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
You can imbue items made with special materials. However you can not reforge when made with special materials or a drop that has properties on it. If there is room to imbue a magic item you can. I do this with 10 ssi rings and bracelets with one or two properties. It is harder to find armor that you can imbue that drops. Also when enhancing with barbed leather etc. there is a high percentage chance to break the item unless you use the tool from the store which gives 100% chance to enhance to enhance the item. It runs $1 a charge.
My common method for suit building is using 1-3 Legendary Artifact Quality armor pieces with the stats I need as well as high resist as this help me avoid using the forged tool and the cost that comes from enhancing. For my sampire I craft with Valorite (metal pieces to cut stam loss) because it has low fire resist and I am going to imbue fire to max so the resist point spread is in other areas and not wasted. Then I can imbue hit point inc, stam 8, mana 8, and lower mana cost as the other four stats. If there is lmc or hpi on the artifact pieces I can skip on a piece and imbue a MR.

Porky

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you for your replies! I think I kind of get it now. I'm going to be starting an imbuer character and just was trying to see what I was getting into. I noticed that on some vendors, I've seen armor items that have 7 mods and high resists on them. How is that possible? I thought you could only imbue up to 5 mods, Or, have all resists at maximum with no mods. Also, what if I have a piece that has a low defense chance increase number on it, can it be imbued with a higher defense chance increase number? Also, can a piece be imbued more than once?